Scape Goat Tom Hunter - It is time!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to say escaped, but it's not really, Sacked by Carlton is like taking it right between the eyes - that stain stays with you forever.
It's not all doom and gloom, some coaches sacked from Carlton get other coaching jobs (Bolton and Ratten).

It's not all doom and gloom, some coaches sacked from Carlton get other coaching jobs (Bolton and Ratten).

Yep, twas a little tongue in cheek, but Carlton is no quality breeding ground either.

We secured some big names prior to this season, make no mistake about that. Sheahns role in that is difficult to gauge as reading about it , many of our chiefs from Benny, Peggy and Balmey were involved.in the process She no doubt would have played a role in pulling it all together in which case she succeeded. Talent ID in a broader sense has been abysmal , is that on her watch , possibly. The teams been non competitive featuring on the wrong side of way too many records . I think hunter will be sacked not convinced Sheahan will be

Yes, Sheahan will either protect and encourage Tom Hunter, or cut him loose. She will need enormous, yet to be seen faith. She's a different beast. Could go either way. If she argues to keep him, they both could go.

Yes, Sheahan will either protect and encourage Tom Hunter, or cut him loose. She will need enormous, yet to be seen faith. She's a different beast. Could go either way. If she argues to keep him, they both could go.
I’m not certain she would be pivotal to whether he stays or goes, with Balmey indirectly involved , clear decisions will be made from eminently qualified people

You could argue that we recruited athletes and they're still learning the football craft but did we actually recruit athletes? Our players are slow and unfit.

No we definitely didn’t recruit athletes we went directly the opposite with park footballers that at a local level where pretty ok at bullocking their way through but at AFLW have had rings run around them before they’ve had a chance to change their mind

We are too slow to play a pressure game. Also there is no point trying to handball forward when your not quick enough to get out the back.

100% right about trying to play a game plan we don’t have the cattle for or isn’t suited to women’s footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work NZ_Tiger ... pace is the number one issue with the current line-up.
She's one out of the box, Conti, but none of the others can remotely keep up with her.
It's pretty obvious when you see the ball go into open space and the Tigers player starts five metres in front of her opponent only to be beaten to the ball.
Other than an injection of skill, pace is the main area of need.
I reckon Tom will be given another year to prove his worth and if the improvement isn't forthcoming he'll be let go.

No we definitely didn’t recruit athletes we went directly the opposite with park footballers that at a local level where pretty ok at bullocking their way through but at AFLW have had rings run around them before they’ve had a chance to change their mind
Did the other clubs go the athlete route? I thought a large percentage of the AFLW players were code hoppers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work NZ_Tiger ... pace is the number one issue with the current line-up.
She's one out of the box, Conti, but none of the others can remotely keep up with her.
It's pretty obvious when you see the ball go into open space and the Tigers player starts five metres in front of her opponent only to be beaten to the ball.
Other than an injection of skill, pace is the main area of need.
I reckon Tom will be given another year to prove his worth and if the improvement isn't forthcoming he'll be let go.

Yep , poor kid has Z grade teammates , thought kb and Bernadi would have been a support act , kb def has an impact at vflw , when conti and kb played we were unbeaten , she struggled at AFLW and will miss last 4 with concussion after that clumsy oaf collected her

Remove this Banner Ad

Back