Toast Tom McDonald aka #25 aka goal kicking machine

Remove this Banner Ad

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North
I hope I have his name right, haven't checked but this boy is an absolute ******* gun. You see Patton and co. copping plenty of praise but this boy already has the runs on the board. Dominated his opposite again yesterday, deserves the Rising Star nomination and would be leading it at the moment if defenders got the praise they deserve.

My new favourite, which will probably mozz him completely, 12 year+ player GET AROUND HIM FELLAS!!!

Scratch that. Watching the match now, he ****ing DESTROYED PATTON. One of the best forwards at his age group and LET HIM KNOW. GUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Imagine Tom & Jordie in the same back line it would be a handball fest.

Very solid yesterday.

Chuck in Jamar too for the ultimate handball fest, although I'm not too sure how many would hit the target.

I had heart palpitations when we handballed to him on his own on the members side half back, but he managed to get in to hand it back off to someone who can kick.

But yeah, other than his terrible boot, he's a very good player for us.

Been singing this guys praises for awhile now. Really rate him as a footballer. He has done a job every week he's been in the team. Poor by foot, but he will improve this. The main thing is at his age, he's beating his opponent every week. With him and Chip down back, as well as Watts as our quarterback and Sellar/Garland and Rivers being rotated down back, we are very very versatile in the big man department now. We just need the Cookie monster to come on and Gawn to stay fit, and our talls are set for the next 6+ years!

Yeah was a really good game from Tom. His skills aren't great at the moment but he will improve them. Has rarely been beaten by his opponent this year and his confidence is growing. Great to see him back himself more and start to run through the middle a bit. Hs great speed and endurance so could be a really good attacking defender once his kick is more reliable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope I have his name right, haven't checked but this boy is an absolute ******* gun. You see Patton and co. copping plenty of praise but this boy already has the runs on the board. Dominated his opposite again yesterday, deserves the Rising Star nomination and would be leading it at the moment if defenders got the praise they deserve.

If Tom wasn't a Demons player he'd be getting a lot more credit :thumbsu:

The OTT hype around Patton is particularly hilarious by comparison. Kinda highlights the inbuilt prejudice that so often seems to be a factor in assertions about our players by a large section of those outside our club...

He was playing against a 2nd gamer and his kicking skills leave a lot to be desired.

Good prospect but lets keep a lid on it.
I know what you mean, but given the hype around Patton, and how everytime he got the ball the TV commentators were jumping over each other to suck his balls over how great he was, it was a solid game. I think the backs rotated a bit; I saw him on Cameron a couple of times I think and he did a good job there too.

I had been adamant that he shouldn't have been in the side yet after his first few games, and that he was a liability down there due to his poor disposal.

However, he certainly is improving rapidly, and its great to see a tall bloke down there who is fast and strong and acts like it, and plays with some honest to god ferocity at the contest.

The player's in the backline seem to generally understand each others strengths to a point at the moment too which is good. I had said this before when it was Warnock, Garland, Frawley, Rivers, Grimes, Bartram, but I think the current set up is better at the moment because of a greater versatility in strengths (Frawley's one-on-one prowess, Sellar's Gorilla-ness, Tommy's speed and intensity, Watts' footy smarts and skills), plus it allows a strengthening of the midfield and forward line.

Compared to when he first came in, Tom doesn't seem to need to kick under pressure anywhere near as much, since players work to allow him an outlet.

He's mentally strong and that is where his decent 1 on 1 work, competitive nature and willingness to rebound come from I think.

After another pre-season where his body fills out and his movement improves a bit (particularly from standstill) he'll be an absolute ripper.

Need a 'like thread' option to save Wona the effort of liking each individual post. :p

No but seriously, shattering that he got knocked today after finally getting the nod last week. Hopefully he's back soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back