Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

Mitchell works for the Hawks, not 3AW.

3AW either pay the hawks to interview him, or they pay Tom to interview him.

I don't speak at conferences without some kind of monetary agreement.

It's mercenary is why. No technical knowledge imparted .....just "tell us how you feel about your success".

Perhaps the Salvation Army should charge a fee for their Xmas hampers to the needy..... "I know you really need this so why don't you pay us $100".

Next step will be refusing to answer the presenters question on stage. Mercenary little gnome

It's mercenary is why. No technical knowledge imparted .....just "tell us how you feel about your success".

Sounds like you have an issue with the quality of 3AW questions then.

This 'Mercenary' nonsense is getting out of hand now.

I suspect that all the players have media appearance fees.

If they don't, they're dumber than I thought. (That's a pretty low bar anyway).

Perhaps the Salvation Army should charge a fee for their Xmas hampers to the needy..... "I know you really need this so why don't you pay us $100".

Next step will be refusing to answer the presenters question on stage. Mercenary little gnome

Assuming you are old enough to work?

Your boss says: " I need you to do some overtime (or a special project) you are so good!"
Do you say : "Thats fine with me, I wont be a mercenary, it's free of charge, as much as you like, no pay rise necessary..?

If so, ...:oops::eek:

Do you think the interviewers the media etc are doing the interviews without the primary aim of turning it into money!?
(Advertising revenue etc)

It is his job (profession) and he pays a manager to look after his interests.

You don't think all other Brownlow medalists cash in on their win?

Sounds like you have an issue with the quality of 3AW questions then.

This 'Mercenary' nonsense is getting out of hand now.

I suspect that all the players have media appearance fees.

If they don't, they're dumber than I thought. (That's a pretty low bar anyway).

Assuming you are old enough to work?

Your boss says: " I need you to do some overtime (or a special project) you are so good!"
Do you say : "Thats fine with me, I wont be a mercenary, it's free of charge, as much as you like, no pay rise necessary..?

If so, ...:oops::eek:

Do you think the interviewers the media etc are doing the interviews without the primary aim of turning it into money!?
(Advertising revenue etc)

It is his job (profession) and he pays a manager to look after his interests.

You don't think all other Brownlow medalists cash in on their win?

:p I'm clearly out of step here! I still just struggle with the concept. Think it's wrong. Others don't. ok

:p I'm clearly out of step here! I still just struggle with the concept. Think it's wrong. Others don't. ok
Yer I'm with you Pukey old boy just seems wrong, comes across like a wanky yankee basketballer or baseballer. They are asking for a freaking interview for Gods sake, how long would that take, five minutes??

I'm getting old :(

Interviews are arranged via the club or player manager. Heaps of players would be on earners this week.

Sure...but it seems it a little strange that someone would write a story about a player asking for $$$ to do interviews when every player is doing the same thing, don't you think?

I have no beef against Mitchell wanting to get paid.
My beef is limited to the idea that Tommy left because Horse had it in for him, or that he really loves the club but...
The evidence points to Tommy leaving for more money. Again, nothing wrong with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he was offered as a minimum what Hannebery and jack are paid then he was low balled, but he went so who cares
In 2016 Hannebery was an AA who was averaging more of almost everything Mitchell was, including clearances. Mitchell was a young player coming off two pretty rich contracts and was at the time contributing less of almost everything than Kennedy, Parker, and Hannebery.

In 2016 Hannebery was an AA who was averaging more of almost everything Mitchell was, including clearances. Mitchell was a young player coming off two pretty rich contracts and was at the time contributing less of almost everything than Kennedy, Parker, and Hannebery.

Didn’t mention Kennedy

Mitchell was the youngest with the best future

Pay for what they will give you not what they already did

Mitchell outplayed them all in his last game for Sydney

Please update thread title to Brownlow medalist. Who was the numpty arguing with me at the start of the year about Mitchell not being one of the best in the game?

They keep coming back here

Didn’t mention Kennedy

Mitchell was the youngest with the best future

Pay for what they will give you not what they already did

Mitchell outplayed them all in his last game for Sydney
You reckon his grand final was better than Kennedys?

Maybe just rename this the knitting appreciation thread and let it die? :straining:

Well I laughed. He could win another one or geebers, two.

He's got another decade.This thread may outlive some of us.

He was low balled N37. He did not know about the 3AW demand from his manager.
It's quite strange that an experienced management team run by Craig Kelly who've managed several Brownlow winners over the years were suddenly putting their hands out for cash. I don't buy this accident bullshit.

Mitchell and his old man most likely put the management team up to it only for the AFL to tell them it wasn't a good look when they caught wind of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back