Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be good to see stats for 2017, but in 2016 Rockliff averaged:
  • 352 metres gained (AFL mids average 330)
  • Kick retention rate (ball remains with team, i.e. not necessarily a mark) of 69.7% (70.9%)
  • 8.5 ground ball gets (6.6)
  • Goal accuracy of 75% -15.3 - (45.5%)
  • 1.3 score assists and 6.9 score involvements (0.9, 5.5, respectively)
  • Kicked short 75% of the time, so while metres gained wasn't huge was 6th in the AFL (4th of mids) in assisted metres gained
Additionally, inside 50 has the second best 1 on 1 contest win rate of the top 260 behind Dustin Martin since 2014.

Will be good to see stats for 2017, but in 2016 Rockliff averaged:
  • 352 metres gained (AFL mids average 330)
  • Kick retention rate (ball remains with team, i.e. not necessarily a mark) of 69.7% (70.9%)
  • 8.5 ground ball gets (6.6)
  • Goal accuracy of 75% -15.3 - (45.5%)
  • 1.3 score assists and 6.9 score involvements (0.9, 5.5, respectively)
  • Kicked short 75% of the time, so while metres gained wasn't huge was 6th in the AFL (4th of mids) in assisted metres gained
Additionally, inside 50 has the second best 1 on 1 contest win rate of the top 260 behind Dustin Martin since 2014.
Far out. No wonder all on Trade Radio are impressed with this trade for Us.

I might be wrong but I thought it was Pearce Hanley that made those "Mummy's boys" comments a few years ago, not Rockliff?
Hanley, an Irish recruit, blasted the five departing Lions using the hashtag "mummiesboysarehomenow".

His Tweet said: "Life goes on, you grow up and inevitably move away home."

The crack at Polec was later removed, but the Rockcliff snipe remains. It reads: "How can kids name there club they want to go to when they have played a handful of games?? #spellme #aheadofyourself".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d307a0a9222e97eafbd1f959ac065817

Rockliff is exactly what we need, not only to add to our midfield but his hardness and aggression will be highly valued moreso than his already high tackle numbers. We haven't had an out an out fly the flag mid since the carr/hardwick days; Jonas kinghits anything in his way and our only other option trengove is most likely on the way out. Nothing is official until he is signed but til then welcome to the club I guess

I might be wrong but I thought it was Pearce Hanley that made those "Mummy's boys" comments a few years ago, not Rockliff?
Carn, don't confuse the issue with facts. ;)

Hanley called Polec a "mummy's boy" and Rockliff accused Polec of getting ahead of himself for nominating Ports as his preferred club after only playing 16 games for the Brions.

Edit: As others have already posted.

Chris fagan hasn't given up hope on rockliff and may match the offer. Surely trying to spook us to pay more so they get band 1 compo?

have been talking about the opportunity to get him all year, thought other clubs would try but awesome for us.

Would like to add motlop as well if possible.

I asked if Polec had influenced Rockliff coming to Port. What about Voss? Did they have a close relationship given Voss was appointed post 2008 season and Brisbane drafted Rockliff in the 2008 (December) Pre Season draft.

I asked if Polec had influenced Rockliff coming to Port. What about Voss? Did they have a close relationship given Voss was appointed post 2008 season and Brisbane drafted Rockliff in the 2008 (December) Pre Season draft.

According to the Brisbane board, our list manager (Cripps?) said Ken and Boak have spent a bit of time with Rockliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Brisbane board, our list manager (Cripps?) said Ken and Boak have spent a bit of time with Rockliff.
Yeah I heard that but was Voss the key conduit is what I'm asking as he wouldnt have a relationship with Ken and probably only knows Boak from those Captain's day on the eve of the season.

Yeah I heard that but was Voss the key conduit is what I'm asking as he wouldnt have a relationship with Ken and probably only knows Boak from those Captain's day on the eve of the season.

FWIW cRowie has been saying for a while now Voss was the key to getting Rockliff to Port. He says they have a great relationship.

To put it in cRowese 'I'm tellin ya, t-shirt Tom, the big Rock, he loves Vossy. He'd do anything to get back with him. It's a done deal'

And even then Boak hasn't attended every one of those captains days at Etihad.

Carn, don't confuse the issue with facts. ;)

Hanley called Polec a "mummy's boy" and Rockliff accused Polec of getting ahead of himself for nominating Ports as his preferred club after only playing 16 games for the Brions.

Edit: As others have already posted.

Fair enough dig from Hanley, considering his long commute from family to play AFL ;)

Hey Port fans, just wanted to come by and say that I think Rocky will be a good get for you.

I also had a question about how your side will look next season. Wingard had more mid time this year didn't he? Will he continue getting mid time or will he go back to being more of a dangerous forward next year? I'm curious because as a neutral it looks like your building a nice group of core players. We already know your defense is sound as a unit but if Wingard goes forward again you could have a pretty potent attack in Dixon, Gray and Wingard without robbing your midfield. You would then have Wines, Rocky, Boak, SPP in your midfield fed by the AA ruck, Paddy Ryder. That's a pretty scary team on paper and I think you would be in for a pretty good year.

Hey Port fans, just wanted to come by and say that I think Rocky will be a good get for you.

I also had a question about how your side will look next season. Wingard had more mid time this year didn't he? Will he continue getting mid time or will he go back to being more of a dangerous forward next year? I'm curious because as a neutral it looks like your building a nice group of core players. We already know your defense is sound as a unit but if Wingard goes forward again you could have a pretty potent attack in Dixon, Gray and Wingard without robbing your midfield. You would then have Wines, Rocky, Boak, SPP in your midfield fed by the AA ruck, Paddy Ryder. That's a pretty scary team on paper and I think you would be in for a pretty good year.
I am near certain Wingard will play predominantly as a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back