Recommitted Tom T. Lynch (Adelaide Crows)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great value compared to Mayne no doubt, but if you check and go back to negotiations with JJ you will find it was a 5 year 7 to 8 hundred thousand dollar deal, big reason why they couldn't match Charlie Camerons offer from the lions, JJ is taking up too much salary cap space
That's way off the mark in every respect.

Crows didn't attempt to match Brisbane's offer to JJ. He accepted far less to remain a Crow, but we gave him another 2 years.

Cameron was already under contract when he left. We could have kept him if we really wanted to, but didn't get in the way of his personal issues. Money wasn't an issue for him leaving.

Great value compared to Mayne no doubt, but if you check and go back to negotiations with JJ you will find it was a 5 year 7 to 8 hundred thousand dollar deal, big reason why they couldn't match Charlie Camerons offer from the lions, JJ is taking up too much salary cap space
Trollolololol

JOSH Jenkins has signed a long-term with Adelaide, ending a protracted contract saga for the power forward.

Adelaide’s board — as predicted by The Advertiser — today signed off on a mega, $550,000-a-year deal locking in Jenkins, 27, until 2022, making it likely he will be a Crow for life.

Do you have any reports that Adelaide gave him $700k to $800k a year.

s**t I will even take a Rucci article saying that, produce something because you don’t want to be “that guy” that makes s**t up with nothing to back it up

"the advertiser believes".....
i do find it funny people take it as fact what a player earns yet the paper slips in "believes" .. maybe they are quoting bf forum..

"the advertiser believes".....
i do find it funny people take it as fact what a player earns yet the paper slips in "believes" .. maybe they are quoting bf forum..
Agreed. I like to read stories to see the level of fact v belief. Its in the words usually. Its why I posted the above link. No believe in that one at all.

Great player. the perfect modern day flanker who connects the backline with the forward line. Would love him at the cats

Wonder if Darcy Fogarty looking so good will make Lynch more expendable, if letting him go frees up enough cap space for Sloane, or to bring someone in who fills a need?

Hard to see them being able to play all of Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, McGovern and Fogarty in the same forward line going forward.
Fog will get rested soon .. He was gassed early against the dons .. Gov could play half back or rotate on the wing... Plenty of positions in our fwd line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Hawthorn would be well into him.

Great linkup player with good skills would allow Gunston to stay closer to goals.
Imagine the draft haul the crows will get if both Lynch and Sloane both decide to head home. The crows will be in the box seat to deal their way into the top end of the draft and get a hold of Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee...add them to Fogarty who already has shown plenty and that is a hell of a promising array of young talent to take the club onwards

I think they should trade him. Another early pick would help them continue to replenish, whilst Lynch himself is fairly replaceable given how good Fogarty looks

Cameron was contracted, we didn't need to match any offer. But pick 12 for a player who wanted out was a great deal for us. Good deal for Brisbane as well. Certain 150 gamer for a mid 1st, all day every day.

Honest opinion here.. But north should be drafting lots of young ones ... Aren't you in a rebuild ? Premierships are won at the draft table.

We have picked up LDU & Will Walker and will hopefully add Walsh plus Thomas & Bailey this year.

That's a pretty good young core to get going.

A Gaff/Lynch/Dalhaus with 5+ seasons of footy left in them would make a nice handy inclusion to that bunch. Our spread is currently the worst in the AFL.

Staying. If, as reported, it comes down to length of contract and $ it means he wants to stay and generally most parties come to an agreement. Unless your a third year so called key defender who can’t defend and oh have BT pumping you up all year to get a ridiculous offer that I don’t blame us for not matching. (Not naming any names)

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...-lynch-on-his-contract-offer?station=adelaide

Let me just start by saying that obviously I take everything said on this station with a grain of salt given the notorious track records of these peanuts. But it does raise a good point of discussion.

With Matt Crouch, Rory Atkins and Brodie Smith all having recently re-signed, the remaining Crows out of contract are Rory Laird, Rory Sloane and Tom Lynch.

Surely with the re-signing of McGovern this past season also, there would be a cap squeeze given the likelihood of decent contract offers coming from interstate rivals for the remaining 3 unsigned players.

If Lynch is the unlucky one to not receive a decent contract offer from the Crows, what would be his value to other clubs in terms of a trade? And which other club would he be of most value to?

I do think this is true, especially with Fogarty showing why he's the best prospect in our system which means we need Lynch to either stay cheaply or free up that spot.

We should be able to get a 1st for him at least, played a lot of good football over his time for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back