Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is definitely the year you want to lose a free agent. AFL being super generous.

The compensation formula isn't taking the new changes to the CBA and the increase in salaries into account. So yes, perfect time to lose a free agent where more money is being thrown about and the AFL hasn't adjusted yet.

If Doedee is worth pick 19 im asking for pick 3 and 4 if im North for McKay
Why, as Doedee is the better player. ;)

But I'm sure the AFL considered the goal umpire loading...

Having a compo system is fine but player salaries need to be made public and also the system for how picks are handed out needs to be clear. We can’t have this stupid guessing game
The AFL dont want to do that though..

If the clubs know the formula and everyone knows the salary everyone else is on then the clubs can then attempt to rort the system…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Restricted free agency compensation has to go.

ASAP.

What a ******* joke.
Remember when Geelong had a really poor draft hand in 2017, and then they let Steven Motlop go to Port via free agency?

And then Geelong took that pick, pick 19, and offered it up to GC for Gary Ablett Jnr

Now that was a joke

It's very much based on net ins and outs. And I think only goes as high as 3rd or 4th round?? Need an expert like AmericanCrow , Southerntakeover or Dirty Bird
NFL's is done a year later and takes into account ins and outs over the previous season, and the earliest draft pick they hand out is an end of 3rd round pick (7rd draft)

Crows get a good pick, we get a very good player.

That is assuming our medical team can get him right after the ACL’s. Happy to back them in.
I hope for your sake and Tom's that they're able to, but I have my doubts that we'll ever see his best again. 2 ACL's is one thing if they're on the same knee, but having both knees done seems to be much harder to get back from in terms of getting back to the same level as pre-injury. That's not to say he'll be complete dud or anything, just that he may not get to a level of performance to justify the reported contract.

Back