Hawthorn
Racism
Harry McKay
News relating to any of the above

What you may not do in this thread:

Troll
Abuse other posters
Anything else that breaks the following set(s) of rules:

We're entering a very busy period on this board with the draft and player movement periods fast approaching.

Us board mods have a lot on our plates and whilst we do not want to, we are not going to hesitate to infract or hand out board bans for repeat offenders. Please do not force our hands here.

Thank you.

No, we got pick #3 for finishing third last.

You know, how the draft is supposed to work?

Or are you referring to Sampi?

Hmmmmm I see. So just a standard round 1 top pick as compensation for winning less than 5 games in 1 season.

Much more than north yeah?

And as I said wasn’t Jack darling also a priority pick for one season of poor performance? Or was it compensation for poor performance across multiple years like north?

Surely west coast supporters are hypocrites for being so outraged by 3 picks in the 20’s for 4 years of sub 5 game winning seasons?

Welcome to Essendon Ben McKay.

Can y’all talk about West Coast’s compensation picks from like 20 years ago somewhere else pls

Oops haha, meant to lock it for 20 minutes so people midway through writing a post would take the off topic stuff elsewhere

Let’s keep it on topic please. Will move to the sub-board in a day or two unless it drops off the first page (organically.. not from me locking it).

What is there to say? The AFL has either corruptly manipulated the compo or not, and we won't know till the contract details are made public or they aren't.

Assuming they never are made public we can safely assume it is corrupt though. Enjoy your 5+1 priority picks. You are now under extreme pressure to win multiple flags, and you have taken Melbourne's place as the club to most benefit from dodgy compo. Congratulations?

What is there to say? The AFL has either corruptly manipulated the compo or not, and we won't know till the contract details are made public or they aren't.

Assuming they never are made public we can safely assume it is corrupt though. Enjoy your 5+1 priority picks. You are now under extreme pressure to win multiple flags, and you have taken Melbourne's place as the club to most benefit from dodgy compo. Congratulations?
You really are either an elite troll or an embarrassing football fan.

Cope.

The irony is they’re actually not being corrupt here. They’re quite transparent about the fact that they might ignore the system to get whatever result they deem to be “fair”.

so the AFL manipulated the administration of 3 different footy clubs to bid enough to trigger band 1 and then used a formula so secret that pick 3 for North was never mentioned in the media or on here in the last 2 months and took everyone by complete surprise ??!!

This is more insidious corruption than i thought !

you did the right thing to draw this to everyone's attention Caligo !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet Hawks,Port,Sydney all had a crack at trying to get him

Kane can go suck a fat one

Those teams did, but doesn't change the fact that annoyingly Kane is 100% spot on with that take.

That was extremely painful type as I loathe Kane more than I loathe Sam Newman.

Assuming they never are made public we can safely assume it is corrupt though.

Oh get over yourself would you?

You've had multiple people in here tell you for literal months that a band 1 contract was only going to need to be around 750k~ per year. McKay clearly got paid in the 800k range following a bidding war between three clubs, including your own.

There's no corruption or conspiracy here. Deal with it.

Those teams did, but doesn't change the fact that annoyingly Kane is 100% spot on with that take.

That was extremely painful type as I loathe Kane more than I loathe Sam Newman.

Is he though?

Mckay averages more intercept marks than almost every other full back in the league. Harris Andrews and May included.
And he rarely gets beaten 1 on 1.

Last edited:
Is he though?

Mckay averages more intercept marks than almost every other full back in the league. Harris Andrews and May included.
And he rarely gets beaten 1 on 1.

Pretty easy to clock up marks when your side is getting 50 inside 50s kicked against it each week. One stat doth not maketh the player.

Back