Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Restricted free agent this year, Doedee is 25 and has played 71 games

Is only listed at 187 so is that tweener type but a solid defender

From the Geelong region so one to track if he decides to move closer to home for the 2nd half of his career

i'm always surprised when players with talent extend, hopefully Dood surprises me. But gut feel is that he's going to look for possibility of success, which we can't offer at this stage.

Minimal chance of him leaving, unless he is not required - and I think the club values him highly.

i'm always surprised when players with talent extend, hopefully Dood surprises me. But gut feel is that he's going to look for possibility of success, which we can't offer at this stage.
From the outside looking in, he's a future Crows captain.
I suspect Butts will get some big offers from Vic clubs though - really tight market for quality KPDs so their price is high

From the outside looking in, he's a future Crows captain.
I suspect Butts will get some big offers from Vic clubs though - really tight market for quality KPDs so their price is high

he was locked in as next captain a few years ago. But now there's doubts with Dawson turning, Keays entering the convo up and even talk that nobody is ready to take over from Sloane, who's been totally cooked and fringe for 3 years. Spidey senses are tingling on this one. There's talk that we have a great culture now because we're not losing players. But that can be courtesy of low standards and high pay. Doedee might be the canary in our coalmine and want out if he doesn't see future success.

he was locked in as next captain a few years ago. But now there's doubts with Dawson turning, Keays entering the convo up and even talk that nobody is ready to take over from Sloane, who's been totally cooked and fringe for 3 years. Spidey senses are tingling on this one. There's talk that we have a great culture now because we're not losing players. But that can be courtesy of low standards and high pay. Doedee might be the canary in our coalmine and want out if he doesn't see future success.
You did just attract Rankine to the club who was one of the most sought after kids on the trade table. Things can't be too bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sloane captaining again this year?
Hasn't been announced yet.

Imo, time for a change to Dawson captain & Doedee vice, but fair chance AFC go down co-captaincy with Sloane remaining.

Think Sloane would be best to concentrate on getting back to his best footy like Tex did after standing down.

He was sought after by most of the rest of the league, including Port.

He chose the Crows, at a deal less than being offered by Essendon.
LeBron James would be sought after by the whole league. It's irrelevant.

He was going to LAL.

Stop making it up to be some sort of huge coup.

Picking up someone with zero connections, zero links, zero family ties etc etc... Yeah talk then.

LeBron James would be sought after by the whole league. It's irrelevant.

He was going to LAL.

Stop making it up to be some sort of huge coup.

Picking up someone with zero connections, zero links, zero family ties etc etc... Yeah talk then.
Hard to do, especially interstate, unless you are THE MISSING LINK.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to do, especially interstate, unless you are THE MISSING LINK.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
You got issues? Need to see someone about them?

I'd strongly advise talking about them, don't bottle it up mate.

You attracted Dawson and Rankine, 2 Crows loving kids, big gets. Destination Club....

Fancy digging up posts.... cute.

You got issues? Need to see someone about them?

I'd strongly advise talking about them, don't bottle it up mate.

You attracted Dawson and Rankine, 2 Crows loving kids, big gets. Destination Club....

Fancy digging up posts.... cute.
Not sure what you are referring to, didn't dig anything up.

You are obviously saying only Port can attract players outside of having a club connection, as you well know I'm saying Port hasn't done this for anybody relevant.

Not sure what you are referring to, didn't dig anything up.

You are obviously saying only Port can attract players outside of having a club connection, as you well know I'm saying Port hasn't done this for anybody relevant.
Please quote me where I said Port.

Your paranoia is sad. And predictable.

Expected everyone of your replies.

Also, I guess an AA CHB Aliir Aliir doesn't fit your argument? Want me to list others?

Please quote me where I said Port.

Your paranoia is sad. And predictable.

Expected everyone of your replies.

Also, I guess an AA CHB Aliir Aliir doesn't fit your argument? Want me to list others?
yes please, and I'll tell you if they have brought you a premiership.

Back