Hawthorn
Racism
Harry McKay
News relating to any of the above

What you may not do in this thread:

Troll
Abuse other posters
Anything else that breaks the following set(s) of rules:

We're entering a very busy period on this board with the draft and player movement periods fast approaching.

Us board mods have a lot on our plates and whilst we do not want to, we are not going to hesitate to infract or hand out board bans for repeat offenders. Please do not force our hands here.

Thank you.

Caps going up.
If it’s front loaded they can bank a fair chunk of that this year and lower the amount
Assuming it is already 850 plus a stack of extras if you start front loading it you are looking at 1.5 or more.

I guess anything is possible but wow I can't imagine anyone is that stupid for a plodder

Assuming it is already 850 plus a stack of extras if you start front loading it you are looking at 1.5 or more.

I guess anything is possible but wow I can't imagine anyone is that stupid for a plodder
You do realise your club was one of the ones that also offered 800k

You’re missing the math on it.

In 5 years time under the new Tv deal a league average player will make 520k a season.

Assuming he’s an average to above average player he’s worth about 600k so that’s 250k overpay each year.

250k x5 = 1.25M so if they give him a 1M bonus (which could be absorbed in the cap), 250k over next season and it’s a fair value deal for the final 4 years

You do realise your club was one of the ones that also offered 800k
No. I don't realise anything that a dishonest journalist writes in a newspaper to create clicks.

But we have already been through this, many, many times.

Anyhow, you have staked your personal reputation on Reid joining North Melbourne in 2023. Let's see how long your credibility lasts.

Sure, but you do realise Cal Twomey works as a fulltime employee of the public relations arm of the AFL, yeah?

Not a newspaper journalist?
I know that he still seeks to generate clicks. Generate reaction and interaction.

Like this.

You reckon Andrew Dillon pays him, as an employee of the AFL, to routinely fabricate players salaries.
Yes. I believe he is paid to generate interest and interaction. Just like all other afl media. It is a business.

What do you think afl media is for (other than cover ups)?

Yes. I believe he is paid to generate interest and interaction. Just like all other afl media. It is a business.

What do you think afl media is for (other than cover ups)?
I’ve had quite a lot to do with comms people in my life. Nearly all would gild the lily for their employers benefit, but few would just manufacture some easily disprovable make believe numbers for the sake of some content.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had quite a lot to do with comms people in my life. Nearly all would gild the lily for their employers benefit, but few would just manufacture some easily disprovable make believe numbers for the sake of some content.
Have you worked with comms people in an industry like sports that is inherently fake?

It is like thinking Hollywood reporters are genuine.

We are so far from the topic at this point though sorry. That is partially my fault.

Good luck essendon. You will need it.

Have you worked with comms people in an industry like sports that is inherently fake?

It is like thinking Hollywood reporters are genuine.

We are so far from the topic at this point though sorry. That is partially my fault.

Good luck essendon. You will need it.

Is everything a conspiracy to you?

Making a few people look silly with how well he's going.

Theres some gnarly stats going around but my favourite one is a PB in wins and it's only round 5

He's surprised me. Thought he'd just be a big lump thrown there for structure but has shown he can play football.

Still don't think he's worth the money but I'm just going to have to get my head around B graders
getting millions with the cap growing.

1.4-1.5mil is going to be the new 1mil.

Making a few people look silly with how well he's going.

Theres some gnarly stats going around but my favourite one is a PB in wins and it's only round 5
He’s a jet, I had so many Carlton supporters tell me I was an idiot for wanting him at the Blues

Imagine we had him and Weiters instead of 4 gun HBF’s

Anyway, I’m glad to see him getting his flowers. Was always up against it playing in an awful side.

He's surprised me. Thought he'd just be a big lump thrown there for structure but has shown he can play football.

Still don't think he's worth the money but I'm just going to have to get my head around B graders

Twomey mentioned this week the cap space sides have at the moment is absurd.

Equally absurd are some of the figures being offered to some of the just average free agents at the moment.

Sounds like there will be some high compo for those that lose players this year, even with the increase in thresholds.

He was alluding to a record year of Band 1 compo.

Last edited:

We were one of two sides not to include an automatic boost with the new CBA. So that's where the money probably comes from.

Twomey mentioned this week the cap space sides have at the moment is absurd.

Equally absurd are some of the figures being offered to some of the just average free agents at the moment.

Sounds like there will be some high compo for those that lose players this year, even with the increase in thresholds.

He was alluding to a record year of Band 1 compo.

They should do away with compo entirely.

The 800-850k figure that was thrown out as the average per year seems pretty fair value based on his current production.

If he leaves, I’d actually expect Collingwood.

I get how some may think that Essendon makes sense, but that’s only until you realise Ben nearly left North due to Brad Scott. Zero chance he goes to be coached by him again.
I love how well some posts age

Back