Free Agency Tom Doedee [to Brisbane as RFA]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good, good. Fight to the death. Up those offers.
YEP - get the bidding war going and get those big offers in. This is what we want

32in-Bands-_1-NEW-LOGO_On-White_1.jpg

Band 2 compo is the most likely outcome if he leaves the Crows, I would say.
Seems fair.

I originally didn't want to lose him, but given we have Worrell, Hinge & Michalanney... I'm comfortable now with him going.

Adelaide being really responsible here. While in an ideal world you’d like to hang on to the guy, he’s not someone that you overpay to keep, especially with his injury history.
I like the fit at Brisbane, injury notwithstanding. They seem to be getting a lot right in the player movement space recently

Adelaide being really responsible here. While in an ideal world you’d like to hang on to the guy, he’s not someone that you overpay to keep, especially with his injury history.
I like the fit at Brisbane, injury notwithstanding. They seem to be getting a lot right in the player movement space recently
Is Doedee a good fit for the Lions?

I wish him well as expect he will name the Lions this week, but is he much of an upgrade on Lester?

Reckon the Lions need a quality wingman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish him well as expect he will name the Lions this week, but is he much of an upgrade on Lester?
Hard to say. Lester isn't flashy but he's incredibly dependable and consistent. I think Doedee could bring the defence to an even higher level, especially since Lester is 31 and will be declining physically from here.

When Ashcroft got hurt, McCluggage had to move inside more. I think with a fit Ashcroft and Rayner playing midfield more, that gives McCluggage more time on the wing which helps there.

Hard to say. Lester isn't flashy but he's incredibly dependable and consistent. I think Doedee could bring the defence to an even higher level, especially since Lester is 31 and will be declining physically from here.

When Ashcroft got hurt, McCluggage had to move inside more. I think with a fit Ashcroft and Rayner playing midfield more, that gives McCluggage more time on the wing which helps there.
Unfortunately, after 6 years, Rayner still doesn't have a tank to play midfield more.

you 'd think logically geelong would have asked the question considering they be losing rat and bit of a long term injury cloud to henry and he also from the area. i suspect the money wasnt quite right compare to the lions?
Two knee recos and asking for one last big payday. Id imagine Cats were similar to Adelaide in offer and length if they were to go there. That’s a big risk to take on a guy with two big knee injuries..

As good as Lester has been, I do think Doedee is an upgrade. He’s much better above his head and his improved intercepting alone is worth it for them in my opinion.
Props to Lester though. That guy has milked every last ounce of talent out of himself. Can’t ask any more of athlete than that

look if tom can get himself a 5 year 3 mil deal i can hardly hold it against him. i like him but imo he is replaceable and has been replaced already. with how he plays and the injuries he has already had i dont know if he will get a long career, so he should take the security if he can get it.

Back