3. Matthew Pavlich
4. Nick Riewoldt
5. Jonothan Brown
6. Matthew Lloyd
7. Jarryd Roughead
8. Daniel Bradshaw
9. Scott Lucas
10. Steve Johnson

I rate the big key forwards highest, as you can see.

Hmmmmm

Needs more Richo.

Based on who I'd have in my team going into 2009 (hence B. Johnson and M. Lloyd miss out, despite both being consistently in the top 5 over the past 10 years).

1. Lance Franklin
2. Jon Brown
3. Matthew Pavlich
4. Nick Riewoldt
5. Alan Didak
6. Steve Johnson
7. Ryan O'Keefe
8. Travis Cloke
9. Matthew Richardson
10. Jason Porplyzia

I have excluded Brent Harvey from consideration despite the fact that the All Australian selection committee regard him as a forward...

I can only assume Fev's 15 goals against Collingwood this season has left a bitter taste in your mouth.

I can only assume Fev's 15 goals against Collingwood this season has left a bitter taste in your mouth.
I assume you saw the last five minutes of your round 22 match against Hawthorn this year. The fact he can apply as much forward line pressure as that only when there's a personal milestone on the line certainly left me with no doubt as to who he plays for - and it's not the Carlton Football Club. It's B. Fevola. This was also highlighted by his protracted contract negotiations and his use of the media therewithin.

Don't rate him as a bloke or a player, and wouldn't be in my top 10 forwards. Travis Cloke well ahead of him in 2009 and beyond.

I assume you saw the last five minutes of your round 22 match against Hawthorn this year. The fact he can apply as much forward line pressure as that only when there's a personal milestone on the line certainly left me with no doubt as to who he plays for - and it's not the Carlton Football Club. It's B. Fevola. This was also highlighted by his protracted contract negotiations and his use of the media therewithin.

Don't rate him as a bloke or a player, and wouldn't be in my top 10 forwards. Travis Cloke well ahead of him in 2009 and beyond.

Did you also see him run 100 metres to congratulate Buddy when the siren sounded??

Whether you like him as a 'bloke' is irrelevent, he's quite easily in the top 5 forwards in the competition. If you can't see that your bias is blinding you

You obviously turned a blind eye to the 2nd & 3rd effort he put in the 4th quarter against Collingwood in Round 4, which resulted in a goal to Shaun Grigg, putting the game out of the reach of the Magpies. You also haven't acknowledged his nomination 2 years in a row for the Army Award. The 2007 nomination being for a chase down, tackle & goal against St Kilda (no milestones in sight).

You also conveniently forget his 22 disposals, 10 marks, 8.6 & 4 inside 50s, in the Round 12 match against Collingwood (still no milestone in sight). Even the umpires enjoyed his performance that day.

Given every other poster in this thread has Fev in their Top 10 (most in their Top 5) & the examples I have highlighted above (there are others, but I will need to watch a few more replays on the AFL website over the next couple of weeks to remind myself of which games they occurred in), one can only suggest your post is lacking objectivity (particularly when you have Travis Cloke, Ryan O'Keeffe & Jason Porplyzia all rated ahead of Fev).

1) Riewoldt
2) Franklin
3) Pavlich
4) Fevola
5) Brown
6) Lloyd
7) Bradshaw
8) Roughead
9) Richardson
10) Cloke

What do people think Pav's ranking would be if he had been drafted by the eagles, hawks or cats? I think he'd certainly give Franklin a run for his money

Bradshaw awesome. Number 3.

Also Mickey O and Birdman missed some games this year but are still up there with the best.

Also must note Ben McKinley at the Eagles is right up there with his older counterparts. I think he is better than Mooney and Medhurst. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Matthew Pavlich
2. Lance Franklin
3. Nick Riewoldt
4. Jonothan Brown
5. Brendan Fevola
6. Daniel Bradshaw
7. Jarryd Roughead
8. Mathew Richardson
9. Matthew Lloyd
10. Scott Lucas

Mathew Pavlich ???
Nick Reiwoldt ???

Franklin and Fevola are both no doubt the best two forward in the competition.

Franklin 2008
100 goals
All Australian
Coleman Medal
Premiership Medal
Club Best and fairest

Pavlich is a choker, doesn't stand up when needed.

Reiwoldt is a great player but doesn't deserve to be ahead of Franklin and Fevola

If Pavlich had the delivery Franklin receives, he would have kicked 100+ for the last 3 years.Like someone said previously, If he played for a victorian team, he would be compared only to god

1. Franklin
2. Pavlich
3. Riewoldt
4. Richardson
5. Brown
6. Motlop
7. Bradshaw
8. S. Johnson
9. O'Keefe
10. Didak

Couldn't squeeze Milney in unfortunately :(:thumbsdown:

Status