Top 5 Midfields 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the JHF factor in ports stats?

Because I have no idea what im looking at with that graph

Net points per game = points scored from centre bounce - points conceded from centre bounce.

At the time, Port Adelaide had moved from essentially a neutral position over last 2 years to a +3 goals per game.
Having a tap competitive ruck in Soldo/Sweet and a centre square midfield rotation of Rozee, Butters, Wines, JHF, Drew, Boak seems to have turned Port into an elite centre square team.

Note I don’t have updated stats , might see if I can find them somewhere

Net points per game = points scored from centre bounce - points conceded from centre bounce.

At the time, Port Adelaide had moved from essentially a neutral position over last 2 years to a +3 goals per game.
Having a tap competitive ruck in Soldo/Sweet and a centre square midfield rotation of Rozee, Butters, Wines, JHF, Drew, Boak seems to have turned Port into an elite centre square team.

Note I don’t have updated stats , might see if I can find them somewhere
You say elite ..is that because of Lord Kenneth’s supremacy at coaching ?

You say elite ..is that because of Lord Kenneth’s supremacy at coaching ?
For a long time, Ken hasn’t thought we needed a tap ruckman, preferred the grindingly effective Scott Lycett to negate the opposition ruckman.
Matthew Lobbe (13/14) and Paddy Ryder (17/18) have been the only ones in the 12 year drought. We’ve had years where we rucked combinations of Peter Ladhams, or Jackson Trengove, or Jeremy Finlayson, or Justin Westhoff, or Charlie Dixon. When we’ve had midfields incl Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Hartlett, as well as the current crop.
You can call it what you want, but I wouldn’t call it “supremacy”.

For a long time, Ken hasn’t thought we needed a tap ruckman, preferred the grindingly effective Scott Lycett to negate the opposition ruckman.
Matthew Lobbe (13/14) and Paddy Ryder (17/18) have been the only ones in the 12 year drought. We’ve had years where we rucked combinations of Peter Ladhams, or Jackson Trengove, or Jeremy Finlayson, or Justin Westhoff, or Charlie Dixon. When we’ve had midfields incl Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Wines, Hartlett, as well as the current crop.
You can call it what you want, but I wouldn’t call it “supremacy”.
Yeah mate I didn’t read any of that.

Try to identify sarcasm sometime in your lifetime… you Port git.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is freo midfield going to get the kudos they deserve
Smashed lions blues port pies
Dees the latest victim
Oliver and trac 4 clearances each Gawn with 3
For freo
Brayshaw 8
Serong 8
Fyfe 5
Young 4
Darcy 4
Jackson 4
??? Literally everyone acknowledges Fremantle as one of the best midfields, even the media. What more kudos do you want ?

At full fitness Id have these as the top 5 midfields. On Freo, Serong and Brayshaw dont do enough damage with ball in hand for mine and Fyfe/Omeara are well and truly cooked. If Johnson or Erasmus kick on they'll be very very dangerous but not quite yet.

Sydney
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Collingwood

At full fitness Id have these as the top 5 midfields. On Freo, Serong and Brayshaw dont do enough damage with ball in hand for mine and Fyfe/Omeara are well and truly cooked. If Johnson or Erasmus kick on they'll be very very dangerous but not quite yet.

Sydney
GWS
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Collingwood
The fact that you didn’t even mention young 26d 6t 4cl 4 intercepts
774 metres gained and a goal today shows your lack of knowledge or a really good midfield!

The fact that you didn’t even mention young 26d 6t 4cl 4 intercepts
774 metres gained and a goal today shows your lack of knowledge or a really good midfield!
No, I didn't mention Young when listing critiques of your midfield... Because he's a gun and I have nothing to critique from his game. Imo ur best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back