Opinion Top 50 my life

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question … who has a better season than Dusty 2017?
Name the player and the season.
Ill bet someone will say Jim plunket 2001 season and have a stat's and Geelong fans to back them up

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Martin does not play consistently good football. He has so many poor games it is ridiculous.

Well Brownlow medal votes say otherwise champ. You like to remember his bad games and dismiss his good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s not Richmond hate.

It’s people making comments based on what they think.

I hate hawthorn. I have 5 hawks in my list.

I hate Essendon and cannot stand James Hird. I have him, and a couple of his teammates, in my list.

Even your ‘you still don’t rate him’ comment is stupid and simply not true. I don’t have to think someone is faultless to think they’re good. Martin is a great player. He’s not the best player I’ve seen and no amount of ‘but he’s won this’ is going to change that, and other posters are the same.

You still haven’t told me what else he needs to do to change you mind. Is there anything at all?

Too many poor games Martin gets 25 disposals and a goal and people like you think it's a poor game.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Sad isn’t it. They can’t see an all time great player right in front of them or they don’t want to acknowledge it.

Can't be bothered doing 50, but here's the 10 best I've ever seen

1. Matthew Richardson
2. Dustin Martin
3. Jack Riewoldt
4. Trent Cotchin
5. Shane Edwards
6. Alex Rance
7. Joel Bowden
8. Shai Bolton
9. Toby Nankervis
10. Wayne Carey

In that case it would be pretty easy to name a player and season better than Dusty’s 2017….

So what? Is it just Richmond supporters that constantly need validation? Relax, your side has 3 recent flags and a whole host of individual awards like Brownlows and All Australians since they finally broke their finals duck, but the insecurity is massive.

The Top 50 moments of my life, funnily, all happened before marriage.

Coincidentally, my partner reported the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what? Is it just Richmond supporters that constantly need validation? Relax, your side has 3 recent flags and a whole host of individual awards like Brownlows and All Australians since they finally broke their finals duck, but the insecurity is massive.

Martin didn’t even make the OPs top 20.

Which is strange IMO when he had arguably, and according the Leigh Mathew’s, the best ever season by a player… ever and also had 2 other norm smiths.

It’s a discussion forum
… I asked a question. Which you didn’t even try to answer!!!
And I’m the one with Insecurities?

Well Brownlow medal votes say otherwise champ. You like to remember his bad games and dismiss his good ones.

So will you concede that Fyfe is a better player than Dusty - given he has 0.98 Brownlow votes per game vs Dusty's 0.82 - and the fact he is only 15 overall votes behind despite playing 54 games less. That plus Fyfe's two Brownlow's (which clearly are more relevant to overall greatness than a Norm Smith) and a third where he was rubbed out for an accidental head clash.

Martin didn’t even make the OPs top 20.

Which is strange IMO when he had arguably, and according the Leigh Mathew’s, the best ever season by a player… ever and also had 2 other norm smiths.

It’s a discussion forum
… I asked a question. Which you didn’t even try to answer!!!
And I’m the one with Insecurities?

Personally I think Dean Cox has been largely ignored and is still better than Max Gawn - but you're not seeing me getting precious about Gawn being rated higher by posters.

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has them and they are often full of s**t.

Wouldn't be a main board thread comparing players without Richmond supporters telling us how we need more Richmond players.

Wouldn't be the main board without people arguing with obvious Richmond troll accounts :rolleyes:

Just report them and move on with your lives people

I don’t think dusty is consistent enough in the regular season to be considered the best of the modern era. His 2017 season was the best I’ve seen and he’s without doubt the best finals player, however over his regular season career I’d have him behind a few others.

I don’t think dusty is consistent enough in the regular season to be considered the best of the modern era. His 2017 season was the best I’ve seen and he’s without doubt the best finals player however over his regular season career I’d have him behind a few others.

That is exactly my point. An enormous 2017 (still not the best I have seen) and great finals but just not consistent enough during the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back