List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A contract is a contract, and the days he is rumoured to have requested to live in Qld, he still is an employee of the footy club, and gets paid. He still will be training and playing, so why wouldn't he be paid for the contract he signed?

You're correct a contract is a contract, but 2-3 days away from the club is a MAJOR variation to the contract.
Such a variation would void a contract normally, and/or at least be the subject of re-negotiation, hence my question on why AFLPA/AFL would not allow renegotiation.

Is that fact? Because I would take that
Definitely not fact. Just another Matt_352 fantasy. No way they’d throw in Breust in that deal under the circumstances.

I would be expecting her to play for the Firebirds, at least 2 years.
That’s the clubs and her hope, she did say she could have three yrs left at the top competition. She wants to play again for Australia, so she is not moving here for one season

Won’t I don’t understand is if Collingwood knew there where going to have such issues with there salary gap, why did we bring back Cox to play footy in 2020 to allow him to reach triggers for a 550k 2021 contract? Surely would have ensured he didn’t play again to free up that coin

God Know and I don't think our List Mangement team don't either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t I don’t understand is if Collingwood knew there where going to have such issues with there salary gap, why did we bring back Cox to play footy in 2020 to allow him to reach triggers for a 550k 2021 contract? Surely would have ensured he didn’t play again to free up that coin
That would require a footy dept with brains

Make the 2nd round a Future 2nd

then trade 2021 first to the highest bidder.

It's possible we may hang on to our 2021 first rounder for next year. Clubs may pay more for it before next years draft?

Or you know, don’t believe everything you read in the papers...

would love to see picks 1 - 18 become untouchable/unmovable/untradeable i.e. cant be moved by free agency or priority picks or anything. every club must make a first round draft selection based on ladder position. Trading future first rounders seems to mess us around more than most clubs in terms of we overpay. almost like we get overly excited when we find an extra 50 in our wallet.

Beams - Pick No. 18, 56 and a future first-round pick
Adz - Pick no. 7, 65 and future first-rounder in 2016

Last edited:
What’s wrong with this 22

Madgen Roughead Noble
Crisp Moore Howe
Daicos Maynard Quaynor
Elliot Mihocek de Goey
Sidebottom Cox WHE
Grundy Adams Pendlebury

extended interchange to round out a core 25 or so players for 2021:
Greenwood, Keane, Kelly, Mayne, Murphy, Cameron, Sier, C Brown, T Brown.
How long do we have?

would love to see picks 1 - 18 become untouchable/unmovable/untradeable i.e. cant be moved by free agency or priority picks or anything. every club must make a first round draft selection based on ladder position. Trading future first rounders seems to mess us around more than most clubs in terms of we overpay. almost like we get overly excited when we find an extra 50 in our wallet.

Beams - Pick No. 18, 56 and a future first-round pick
Adz - Pick no. 7, 65 and future first-rounder in 2016
Wait, You’d like to see them change the rules because 1 club out of 18 has had 2 trades where they’ve ended up trading fairly high future high picks?

Wait, You’d like to see them change the rules because 1 club out of 18 has had 2 trades where they’ve ended up trading fairly high future high picks?

no I don't like the idea of every team having to wait on every other team to see what picks they have based on free agency, ladder position (for future picks), and trades. its crap. i just used two relevant examples that are currently causing our salary cap issues.

locking in the first round makes each team accountable for scouting and puts the onus back on the coaches developing talent as opposed to waiting on other teams players to start breaking out.

Last edited:
Read Hawks have to use their 1st round pick this year.
Trelaor & Phillips as a package? For what in return....?

The upshot is that we can't do any trade with the Hawks directly unless they obtain another first round pick from somewhere.

We need a pick inside the top 5 if we're to snag one of the top group of draft prospects in this year's draft, so the Hawks would have to give us pick 4 or we're just wasting our time.

Our best hope for a decent return is still the Suns with pick 5, but Adam has to want to go there for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back