Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damian Barrett says the Hawks are in damage control with the prospect they could lose a second four-time Premiership player in the space of 24-hours.

Jordan Lewis is a disgruntled Hawthorn person on the back of a conversation that he has had with club officials about his own future with the footy club,” Purple said on AFL Trade Radio.

“Jordan Lewis, as we speak, is a not happy person with the Hawthorn Football Club. The club that he has spent his whole football career at, one that he felt he was going to be captain of even as a potential for next season.”

“As we speak tonight there is no guarantee that he’ll be playing for the Hawthorn Footy Club.”

“It is a club - despite the four Grand Finals that they’ve played in a row, three of them winning ones - It’s a situation that is unthinkable to think that this footy club could be tonight in a state of of semi-flux and border-line crisis given the exits of Sam Mitchell and the disappointment of his (Clarkson's) other star player Jordan Lewis

Watching Jager, come to the efc! We never have dramas
COULD NOT HAPPEN TO A BETTER CLUB. ABASI MODERATOR.

Id rather a goal kicking pure mid than a small hbf / mid.

There is no reason to be crazy and make any deals atm. Sit back and clean up at the end. A package of future or second round picks easily gets us pick 4 to 10. Ideally we want pick 4 and hold pick 1. A combo of Brodie & Clugga to go with Parish & Zerrett aint too bad!

1. Ess - Clugga
2. GWS - McGrath
3. Bris - Ainsworth
4. GC - Brodie / SPS

Also picks 4 & 8 still equal picks 1 & 41. GC could even have more like #6.

Id happily give up future 1st rounder and keep 20 & 28(hibbo)??
Must keep our future first at all costs.

Need a second ruck. Cant have 2 small key forwards.

Well you can.

The speed of the modern game, combined with fewer rotations, calls into question the logic of running with two ruckman. In most cases they are a liability defensively, assuming that they rotate forward, and also struggle to spread on the turnover. I think we will struggle if we run with Bellchambers and Leuy in the same team.

You could easily run a forward line that uses two players in the 190cm - 194cm range. As long as they have good hands, move well and are capable of leading to the right spots then they can be effective key forwards. There is no shortage of examples of players within that range who are very good forwards.

Something like Daniher, Hooker, Laverde and Francis with Fantasia and Tippa as smalls and Zaharakis and Langford rotating forward of centre is the setup I'd go with. Tall enough to create problems but athletic enough to provide defensive pressure and spread on the turnover.

What do you think?

Gibbs to Adelaide.
McGovern (Adelaide), McKay (Carlton) & picks 5 & 13 to Essendon.
Carlton get their old favourite draft possie in pick number 1 & 28 (via Melb for Hibberd)

Are we still any chance of getting JOM? Or has the deal been done?
I'd say we're a good chance. Not that they have to explain themselves to their supporters but the Hawks members will not be happy about losing two of their best players because the club can't accept that their window has closed. They may be forced to back out of the O'Meara deal as a result, can only see this getting messier. As big a dickhead as Mitchell is, he is a champion of that club and their fans would have every right to be angry that he and Lewis are seemingly being unceremoniously shown the door. Hell I'd be pissed if we did that to the likes of Watson, Goddard and Stanton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think?

Gibbs to Adelaide.
Carlton get their old favourite draft possie in pick number 1 & 28 (via Melb for Hibberd)
Good lord, if this happened Dodoro would have worked some absolute voodoo magic.

Damn. I must have just seen the games he looked poor in...
He struggled in first 8 weeks or so then smashed it. I reckon Hawks have told him and mitchell have a look around for a better deal to release cash, first in best dressed. They both are playing good footy but could go off a cliff at any moment. It is risk vs reward for the hawks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

He struggled in first 8 weeks or so then smashed it. I reckon Hawks have told him and mitchell have a look around for a better deal to release cash, first in best dressed. They both are playing good footy but could go off a cliff at any moment. It is risk vs reward for the hawks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Remember what happened after we won a flag, were dominsnt then moved on a few popular premiership players???

Everything up until and including the saga happened. It's not ideal.

What do you think?

Gibbs to Adelaide.
Not sure how Carlton would get Marchbank if they made that deal. Oh well, Marchbank would have to walk through to the PSD......

Heard Omeara's manager Colin Young on SEN this morning saying the deal will get done, KB cheekily asked him if there was a back up plan he basically avoided the question. Wonder if that has changed now given situation with Lewis.Would like another interview with Young right now hehe. However I still expect the Hawks will get Omeara.

I am assuming Lewis cracked the shits because Clarko asked him if he wanted to go to the Suns?

Heard Omeara's manager Colin Young on SEN this morning saying the deal will get done, KB cheekily asked him if there was a back up plan he basically avoided the question. Wonder if that has changed now given situation with Lewis.Would like another interview with Young right now hehe. However I still expect the Hawks will get Omeara.

I am assuming Lewis cracked the shits because Clarko asked him if he wanted to go to the Suns?
Any veteran player would be pissed at what the Hawks have done if they were in that position. He has every right to feel betrayed and angry at the club he's given 11 or 12 years of service to.

Could have serious ramifications for Hawthorn. I emphasise "could". This is the best way for Hawthorn to stay relevant so kudos to Clarkson for giving it a red hot crack! That's the sort of coach I'd want in charge, I hope Woosha would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back