List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we retain Ellis.
Grigg retires, trade Butler, trade Weller.
Weller should be able to find a future at another team, too hard to break into our senior team though.

Weller retired mate

I didn't see any news announcement on Weller, that's all.
That creates the three spaces.
Grigg, Weller (ret), Butler trade.
Retain Ellis, like I said from day one.

Last edited:

Stack , Chol , Baker all need to be upgraded to the senior list which will take up the spots vacated by Grigg ,Butler,Ellis

We will be delisting / trading another 2-3 more players imo

Miller , Moore , Menadue , English are all in the firing line but could be rookie listed effectively swapping places with Stack,Chol,Baker

Not sure if we can get special dispensation for jack Higgins spot

Push comes to shove, I would trade Markov, Menadue and retain Moore.
Their futures would be decided at the end of next year.
They would easily find positions at other AFL clubs, it's very hard to break into our senior team.
I would retain Ellis on a multiple year deal.

Push comes to shove, I would trade Markov, Menadue and retain Moore.
Their futures would be decided at the end of next year.
They would easily find positions at other AFL clubs, it's very hard to break into our senior team.
I would retain Ellis on a multiple year deal.

You are getting rid of mature body lightning fast backups on $200-250k or so, one of whom is contracted, and retaining a guy on $4-500k.

The choice is surely not between Ellis and those guys but rather between Ellis getting 4-5 years and being able to accommodate one or two extra of the emerging young guns. For that reason the club looks like allowing Brando to perambulate, and for mine, this looks the best decision to make now based on all known factors.

Last edited:
This is the sort of thinking that held us back for decades. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but you have to look at everything.

You have to keep turning over and improving your list. With smart list management we'll be in our premiership window for another 4-5 years. We've done really well this year without Nank, so....

Chicken and egg

Our80’s trash was precursed (not sure if that’s a word) by trading 3 heart and soul for John pitura if memory serves.

Team is just for letters without the glue that holds it together and the glue is heart and soul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken and egg

Our80’s trash was precursed (not sure if that’s a word) by trading 3 heart and soul for John pitura if memory serves.

Team is just for letters without the glue that holds it together and the glue is heart and soul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't really referring to that far back, the game is a bit different now.

If we've got bulk ruck stock and a club wants an established ruckman and is willing to trade us good draft picks for a ruckman, it means we put ourselves into a stronger position moving forward, while not keeping guys on the list surplus to requirements. We can draft to what we need and take time to develop.

Stack , Chol , Baker all need to be upgraded to the senior list which will take up the spots vacated by Grigg ,Butler,Ellis

Miller , Moore , Menadue , English are all in the firing line but could be rookie listed effectively swapping places with Stack,Chol,Baker

Wow...
English is a first year player.
Higgins will be back at some point next year

Again. We don’t have to upgrade rookie listed players anymore only rookies on the B list need to be upgraded to be able to play afl. Also when Chol re-signed it said he was staying on the rookie list.

Pulling the trigger a little early on English aren't you mate? Its his first year

Menadue, Naish, Markov, Turner, Eggers - are the wing/half-back group for the next decade we should be signing them all, although Markov could move for more opportunity and also as I get the feeling Brandon Ellis will stay for less.

We need to upgrade Stack, Pickett, Baker (possibly Eggers) - do these count as draft selections still?

We have 38 on our primary list, with Grigg retiring, Butler trade, thats 36 -> Markov trade -> 35 on list

I would consider delisting Moore, Miller, English with a view to re-drafting some of them on main list or rookie list (English)

We may need to make a decision on Chol vs. CCJ as well - long term i'm for CCJ as much as i like Chol

Bottom line is Stack, Pickett, Baker need to be on main list.

We have lots of improvement and growth left within the list we already have so we just need to invest in our first couple if picks, and re build our rookie crop again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen much VFL this season but I watched the GF yesterday.

Pickett, CCJ, RCD all looked exceptional and should play 1sts next season. CCJ is an immensely strong mark. Menedue can break lines and should get more of a crack. Balta was pretty good at FB under pressure in the last qtr.

Just quietly, Stevie Morris could easily still jump in a back pocket at most AFL clubs and shut someone down as well as hurt a few people.

Menadue, Naish, Markov, Turner, Eggers - are the wing/half-back group for the next decade we should be signing them all, although Markov could move for more opportunity and also as I get the feeling Brandon Ellis will stay for less.

We need to upgrade Stack, Pickett, Baker (possibly Eggers) - do these count as draft selections still?

We have 38 on our primary list, with Grigg retiring, Butler trade, thats 36 -> Markov trade -> 35 on list

I would consider delisting Moore, Miller, English with a view to re-drafting some of them on main list or rookie list (English)

We may need to make a decision on Chol vs. CCJ as well - long term i'm for CCJ as much as i like Chol

Bottom line is Stack, Pickett, Baker need to be on main list.

We have lots of improvement and growth left within the list we already have so we just need to invest in our first couple if picks, and re build our rookie crop again.
Higgo?!?

I don't see the need to trade for any players this year... We have quality young depth sitting in the VFL that are just about ready to pounce.
With Grigg and Weller gone already and a few delistings from those not recontracted I reckon we just go to the draft and back our recruiting staff in.
If Ellis does go to the GC we take the compo pick and double up at the end of the first round.
The list is in the best shape that I can ever remember.

Higgo would be on the LTI in 2020 so we would need to promote a rookie to fill his spot - if we can hold onto one of the current rookies as a rookie in 2020 that would make sense.
You only have to upgrade B listed rookies normal rookies don’t need to be upgraded anymore. Ie. Rance going on the LTI list and Egg being upgraded.

Just can't see how Moore stays with us next year.

Assuming his ambition is to play as much AFL Game time as possible, unfortunately we are not the club for him at this point in time.

It's just a bit of victim of circumstance I think.

Unless he has been promised JR8's spot once he hangs up the boots.

Assuming his ambition is to play as much AFL Game time as possible, unfortunately we are not the club for him at this point in time.

Wouldnt be surprised if he turns out a good afl player

Our only real need right now, to win a GF again in 2020/21 is a genuine inside mid. Therefore Crouch is out focus.

After that we'll have retirements of some genuine champions. They're hard to replace.

So trade/FA a gun, and go to the draft. Only get another club's depth if we are sure they are underperforming, and for a reason we think we can fix.

Club wouldnt make any promises like that as we have 2 /3 other players that would most likely pass him, He had his chances but could not hold his spot
Is a very good footballer but too cocky and thinks he is a AFL player already but realistically is still a VFL player
Kicking lets him down and if there is any interest he will be traded and he would be happy to leave.

Its a shame i had high hopes for him 2 years ago but has not lived upto my expectation

Weller retired mate
I assume thats just from afl football
Wonder if we Will try and keep him
As a permanent vfl player, he would
Be a great player to retain
Not sure if he has any coaching aspirations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back