List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what happens when you have three or four top-line talents and the rest are..... not talented..

I disagree with your judgment of their team.

A really well run Football Club.

I disagree with your judgment of their team.

A really well run Football Club.

I don’t disagree, it’d be easy to pay Danger/Selwood over 1m each but they don’t. It definitely helps just not having that mid tier talent that would demand that 500-700k mark.

They are phenomenal off the field though that’s for sure.

It's what happens when you have three or four top-line talents and the rest are..... not talented..

Which ones of
Patrick Dangerfield
Joel Selwood
Gary Ablett Jr
Tom Hawkins
Tom Stewart
Mitch Duncan
Sam Menegola
Daniel Menzel
Lachie Henderson
Zach Tuohy
Tim Kelly
Mark Blicavs
aren’t talented?

Geelong won't win a flag with all these recruits specially such a shot player like Murphy. Absolute morons.

Write off Geelong at your own peril. Over recent history they consistently make finals and challenge. More than any other club in the comp. Only Hawks and Swans are in that conversation with them.

Your typo made me laugh. Any prosperity that comes from arsehole licking isn't really prosperity at all.

I beg to differ. Anything that galvanises us is for prosperity for instance not the extreme stupidity of these comments, but Leppo’s twitter rants turned what was a tough trade period into something quite entertaining.

Which ones of
Patrick Dangerfield
Joel Selwood
Gary Ablett Jr
Tom Hawkins
Tom Stewart
Mitch Duncan
Sam Menegola
Daniel Menzel
Lachie Henderson
Zach Tuohy
Tim Kelly
Mark Blicavs
aren’t talented?

I think you’ve highlighted Bard’s point.

You’ve named a quarter of their list and it drops away significantly after these guys! The only two pushing that list are Guthrie and Taylor who I think you were right to leave out. Their bottom 6 starts at their 13-14th player (before injuries) so unless they remain injury free I’m not convinced of their “talent”.

I’d say that Richmond, GWS, Melbourne, Port, Sydney and us have a greater depth of talent. What separates Geelong from the rest is GMHBA stadium, the lifestyle and their first class FD. They did give us a touch up too which makes it difficult to be overly critical!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which ones of
Patrick Dangerfield
Joel Selwood
Gary Ablett Jr
Tom Hawkins
Tom Stewart
Mitch Duncan
Sam Menegola
Daniel Menzel
Lachie Henderson
Zach Tuohy
Tim Kelly
Mark Blicavs
aren’t talented?

Even to follow on from Scodog:

In terms of contract value? Most of those given the times their contract was debated for this season wouldn’t have been in a great bargaining position. Blicavs was awful before being moved back, Kelly wasn’t there, Menzel barely got given a new contract at the Cats, I couldn’t even guess what Henderson is on as I think he’s massively overrated. I’m not sure when Duncan’s last deal was done but he’s only been worth anything the last two years from a performance standpoint. Stewart obviously would be on peanuts right now. Hawkins is Hawkins, some rate him highly and others don’t. Personally think he’s probably worth 700k on the current market. The last two in Tuohy and Menegola are the only real interesting ones IMO... probably both underpaid and underrated, and would be fitting trade targets for relevant clubs.

My original point was that they had ‘three or four’ at the top. In my mind was Selwood, Dangerfield and Taylor with potentially Duncan as I don’t believe Ablett will be on huge money. Throw Hawkins in there if you want to be pedantic and I stand by it.

GCS to keep losing.....….pick 3 & 4 is better than anything we will offer.

Not only lose, but get whacked doing so.

You'll also have to swallow and barrack for Carlton when GC play them, as well as hope Brisbane and St Kilda can pull wins here and there on the run home. And then at the end of all that, pray that Kim Il Cochrane doesn't declare war...

Lets get it done Pies...hopefully there is an announcement within the fortnight!!
Deal has been agreed to, he's not going anywhere.
All I can say is it came straight from the horses mouth and then to me.

Deal has been agreed to, he's not going anywhere.
All I can say is it came straight from the horses mouth and then to me.

Never in doubt Anzacday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back