List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually clearances were slightly down on 2017, and pretty much all of his stats were down from last 4 years. Except for clangers that is.
Don't know where you're getting your numbers from champ, but check those numbers on clearances again, kind of an important one for Pendles seeing as it's kind of his "thing". Disposal efficiency also up on last year.

We were going to pay Tom Lynch with your lunch money
We were likely going to give up players that are now required to get him. But hey, seeing as we can't get the tall forward we were after, let's get another midfielder instead and cough players we now need because we couldn't get Lynch, genius idea little fella!

Why do we continue to give blokes like Bucks and Hine chance after chance when there's so much unearthed talent like you around?

moore and McLarty that should do.

May go for May but don't want to sell the farm.

People must change when they get drafted.

I believe if was drafted i would have done anything to get back to the Pies. Just in the case of Lynch i find it strange we couldn't pull on his boyhood dreams of one day playing for the Pies.

Until its a done deal i still hold hope of a last second Buddy move but lets be honest thats really unlikely.

There is never been a better time to be at the pies.

I'll go one better and say you'd have to be an idiot to think recruiting him would be a good idea considering what it would cost us - most likely players we actually need. And I'd say we still have to pay Wells.

Hes a free agent. All he costs is money.

People must change when they get drafted.

I believe if was drafted i would have done anything to get back to the Pies. Just in the case of Lynch i find it strange we couldn't pull on his boyhood dreams of one day playing for the Pies.

Until its a done deal i still hold hope of a last second Buddy move but lets be honest thats really unlikely.

There is never been a better time to be at the pies.
I think he made that decision twelfth months ago. It will not change now

Don't know where you're getting your numbers from champ, but check those numbers on clearances again, kind of an important one for Pendles seeing as it's kind of his "thing". Disposal efficiency also up on last year.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--scott-pendlebury

But I just checked AFL website stats and there is a slight, negligible, difference b/w sites on clearances - like .1. Clearances are the same from 2017. Most other key categories are down. Disposals are down and worth noting that he is hand-balling more than kicking which is bad although might be due to gameplan change. Less tackles, less inside 50s, more clangers in 2018.

Not sure how reliable disposal efficiency is because it measures so many different random things. i.e. it doesn't tell you what kind of risks the players are taking with their kicks so you see guys like Heath Grundy with massive disposal efficiencies. Also Pendles handballs are up, and kicks down from 2017, so its not that surprising that his DE has kicked up a bit because handballs are easier to make.

But it's not just about the stats. As a few others have mentioned, just from watching him this season it's clear he's been making mistakes at a frequency that he never used to not to mention his finals series was very disappointing - that was abundantly clear from looking at the stats sheet as well as watching his performances.

If Scully wants to go to Melbourne, yep if over injury,
If GWS would consider getting rid of Scully to clear cap we should be all over it. He would be the perfect player to bring into our system

Skilful, quick, runs both ways, from all reports he’s an animal on the track.

Our running power with Phillips, Sidey, Treloar, Scully, Crisp would be unbelievable.

If they won’t consider we should make them consider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--scott-pendlebury

But I just checked AFL website stats and there is a slight, negligible, difference b/w sites on clearances - like .1. Clearances are the same from 2017. Most other key categories are down. Disposals are down and worth noting that he is hand-balling more than kicking which is bad although might be due to gameplan change. Less tackles, less inside 50s, more clangers in 2018.

Not sure how reliable disposal efficiency is because it measures so many different random things. i.e. it doesn't tell you what kind of risks the players are taking with their kicks so you see guys like Heath Grundy with massive disposal efficiencies. Also Pendles handballs are up, and kicks down from 2017, so its not that surprising that his DE has kicked up a bit because handballs are easier to make.

But it's not just about the stats. As a few others have mentioned, just from watching him this season it's clear he's been making mistakes at a frequency that he never used to not to mention his finals series was very disappointing - that was abundantly clear from looking at the stats sheet as well as watching his performances.
Guys, unless you want to discuss the merits of trading Pendlebury, take the bickering to another non trade related thread.

I know it’s unfathomable, but I would put a gigantic offer in front of Dylan Grimes. He’s a Free Agent at the end of 2019. Richmond will be relying that he stays on for loyalty. I don’t think he will be too impressed that he’s probably on 1/2 the money of Rance, Martin, Cotchin, Lynch.

Marcus Adams reported on Trade Radio, linked to us, wanting a fresh start.
What we thinking on this one?
I think he’d be a good get. Has had his injuries but not soft tissue so unless anything chronic if we can get him for a second rounder that’d be ideal. May’s only 1cm taller so would rather he than May if medical is sound! We may have cooled in May as he seems harder to get now Melbourne have trade currency.

I know it’s unfathomable, but I would put a gigantic offer in front of Dylan Grimes. He’s a Free Agent at the end of 2019. Richmond will be relying that he stays on for loyalty. I don’t think he will be too impressed that he’s probably on 1/2 the money of Rance, Martin, Cotchin, Lynch.
Oh my god.

If GWS would consider getting rid of Scully to clear cap we should be all over it. He would be the perfect player to bring into our system

Skilful, quick, runs both ways, from all reports he’s an animal on the track.

Our running power with Phillips, Sidey, Treloar, Scully, Crisp would be unbelievable.

If they won’t consider we should make them consider
Will take Outside speed with good skills any time. Agree he would be a good get, but what would we offer? Our first rounder probably wouldn't get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back