List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood needs:

KPF, KPD.

Collingwood gains:

Midfielder.
I'm not worried about our talls. Unless we're willing to spend big, we're not going to recruit better than Mihocek and Cox as KPF. We're fine for KPDs. With Kelly, Wilson, Keane and Tohill we've got a few kids to develop. I want fast elusive blokes who can use it.

I'm not worried about our talls. Unless we're willing to spend big, we're not going to recruit better than Mihocek and Cox as KPF. We're fine for KPDs. With Kelly, Wilson, Keane and Tohill we've got a few kids to develop. I want fast elusive blokes who can use it.

Well with no 1st Rounder but IF one fell to our 2nd Round Pick then I be happy to take a Punt on that Prospect.

Can't put all your Eggs in 1 Basket with Cat-B Rookies.

My Biggest Need I have at the Moment is some Clearnce Players as we not been very good in that Area

Cox is 28 and played 2 good games, we need a key forward! better be us throwing a bucket of money at Lukosius, would explain why we've been crying poor up to now

Cox is 28 and played 2 good games, we need a key forward! better be us throwing a bucket of money at Lukosius, would explain why we've been crying poor up to now
I like our current set up, if we move the ball quickly. Plan A get it in quickly to JDG, Stepho and Elliott. Plan B on slower or repeat entries, bomb it to a tall and hit the ground balls. Cox has the odd shocker, but generally he does the bomb target as well as the highly rated kpfs. He does not do much else but he doesn't have to, because JDG, Stephenson and Elliott are so good as targets on clean entries.

I like our current set up, if we move the ball quickly. Plan A get it in quickly to JDG, Stepho and Elliott. Plan B on slower or repeat entries, bomb it to a tall and hit the ground balls. Cox has the odd shocker, but generally he does the bomb target as well as the highly rated kpfs. He does not do much else but he doesn't have to, because JDG, Stephenson and Elliott are so good as targets on clean entries.
He's having them on all the even days as well

He was a solid contributor before the ankle injury. Took a couple of games to get going after a long lay off. We've given WHE, half a season to get going.
He's 28, he doesn't get any better from here, instead of the prelim being his breakout game it looks like it was his prime, and it didn't even last a week or we'd have a flag

He's 28, he doesn't get any better from here, instead of the prelim being his breakout game it looks like it was his prime, and it didn't even last a week or we'd have a flag
That's true for 99.9% of 28 year old players. You've picked a guy who fits into the other 0.1% here though.

Disagree. Before his injury, this year was the first time he'd been a regular contributor. He's hardly the first player to have a couple of crap weeks returning from injury. I'm happy to back him in.

So you would throw a bucket load of money on a kid who on this years form doesn't even look like making it, how are we going to get him when we have nothing to trade? I bet you more than half the clubs in the AFL would love cox

What utter nonsense, he's played about 80 games of AFL in his entire life, OF COURSE he's going to get better with more experience.

So you would throw a bucket load of money on a kid who on this years form doesn't even look like making it, how are we going to get him when we have nothing to trade? I bet you more than half the clubs in the AFL would love cox
It's my bucket, and if Cox was going to win us a flag it would have been last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. Before his injury, this year was the first time he'd been a regular contributor. He's hardly the first player to have a couple of crap weeks returning from injury. I'm happy to back him in.
But he's not just some other player is he? he's our Kennedy/Riewoldt/Hawkins/Lynch... and he's not in their class, and on GF day it's usually one of those that stand up

That's true for 99.9% of 28 year old players. You've picked a guy who fits into the other 0.1% here though.
I picked a guy that has to run with Riewoldt and Hawkins, if we are all brutally honest we know he's not on the same planet as them

What utter nonsense, he's played about 80 games of AFL in his entire life, OF COURSE he's going to get better with more experience.
Utter nonsense is not recruiting a key forward when we don't actually have one, we have a big bodied medium and a giraffe up against the likes of Riewoldt Lynch Kennedy Darling Hawkins, pfft

Utter nonsense is not recruiting a key forward when we don't actually have one, we have a big bodied medium and a giraffe up against the likes of Riewoldt Lynch Kennedy Darling Hawkins, pfft
All good in theory but how do we get one of these so called Key forwards?, no first round draft picks to trade means we would have to give up our best players to get one, unfortunately Cox is all we have

But he's not just some other player is he? he's our Kennedy/Riewoldt/Hawkins/Lynch... and he's not in their class, and on GF day it's usually one of those that stand up
You're looking for your two deepest forwards to provide a threat on the lead, a threat at ground and a threat in aerial contests. Of all the pairings in the league, Cox and JDG are right up there, probably only surpassed ny Cox and Stephenson.

I read a lot about gun kpfs deciding GFs, but when is the last time a gun kpf had a big impact on Grand Final day? Hawkins and Boyd weren't guns at the time. It's been the shorter Ablett and Jarman - hello JDG and Stephenson.

You're looking for your two deepest forwards to provide a threat on the lead, a threat at ground and a threat in aerial contests. Of all the pairings in the league, Cox and JDG are right up there, probably only surpassed ny Cox and Stephenson.

I read a lot about gun kpfs deciding GFs, but when is the last time a gun kpf had a big impact on Grand Final day? Hawkins and Boyd weren't guns at the time. It's been the shorter Ablett and Jarman - hello JDG and Stephenson.
He's not in their class so it just makes it harder for De Go and Stevo

All good in theory but how do we get one of these so called Key forwards?, no first round draft picks to trade means we would have to give up our best players to get one, unfortunately Cox is all we have
Oh yeah absolutely, there's no other option, which makes it kind of ridiculous for some to argue against recruiting one

He's not in their class so it just makes it harder for De Go and Stevo
That's where we disagree. Those guys are infinitely better than Cox at presenting into amd operating in space, which is JDG or Stephensons domain. They'd reduce the number of times that Stephenson or JDG were targetted in space. In terms of the pack situation, which is what we need Cox for, I think Cox is on par with those guys.

I fairness we only lack first round picks to trade because we... traded them for something else instead.

Interesting to see Peter Wright has been dropped from the GC side. Most were spewing when we selected De Goey over him. By memory he was also a pies fan.

Definitely should be asking the question.

The only problem with GC is that their development of players is so bad, that sometimes it takes too much to rescue their careers. James Aish has been an example out of Brisbane who was such a promising junior, but Brisbane killed his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back