List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In terms of footy speak, class is the ability to do the basics really easily, smoothly and consistently. X factor is the ability to do the really difficult that many others can't do.
I would go so far as to say class is the ability to execute high-level skills innately, with extremely high consistency, or in such a way that makes the difficult seem easy. e.g. Pendlebury’s movement through traffic or Didak’s passing to a leading forward.

X-factor is the ability to execute extremely high-level skills, usually in an unpredictable fashion but often at a crucial time, directly influencing the outcome of a match.

Ah ok that makes sense

Isn’t it also possible to find negative stats for just about anyone.

Collingwood will face tougher draw next year but if injury rates improve that will at a minimum cancel each other out.

I see Geelong and Sydney sliding

Fremantle, port adelaide and the crows Improving.

I also feel as though we have very close to the best depth but I’m not sure how important that is with a good injury run
It's MOST important even without injuries.
If the depth palyers are playing well, that's puts pressure on the first 18 to perform every week, otherwise they'll get chopped.

His stats are fine. Plenty of 1% and very contested in his possessions.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sam_Rowe.html

He was cut from Carlton because they need to prioritise Weitering at full back... and also other young KPDs they have like Macreadie. They also have Jones who plays similarly.

Would only have to play a select 3-5 games against the likes of Hawkins, Lynch, Kennedy, Brown, etc in the first half of the season til Dunn gets back. Then cut him at years end.

Otherwise we are relying on Goldsack and Madgen... or McLarty who has never played fullback for an extended period of time.
Still no. Also, we have Roughead now.

Unless the manager says “their culture is shite have aging facilities and 3 of their top 6 players are looking to leave in the next two years. You will not get any satisfaction in playing there and in your best interest I think you should only go to WC!”

Sure. But that's just advice that may influence your decision, especially if you have a lot of faith in your manager. That's different from a manager saying "you will only go to West Coast and I won't deal with Freo, even if you're interested."

In his shoes, i would put on my big boy pants and say thanks, I value your input and it will inform my decision, but ultimately I'll make my own mind up.

But we know not all players are like that. Ultimately we're not privy to his relationship with his manager or his level of maturity.

His stats are fine. Plenty of 1% and very contested in his possessions.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sam_Rowe.html

He was cut from Carlton because they need to prioritise Weitering at full back... and also other young KPDs they have like Macreadie. They also have Jones who plays similarly.

Would only have to play a select 3-5 games against the likes of Hawkins, Lynch, Kennedy, Brown, etc in the first half of the season til Dunn gets back. Then cut him at years end.

Otherwise we are relying on Goldsack and Madgen... or McLarty who has never played fullback for an extended period of time.
Funny one.

I would go so far as to say class is the ability to execute high-level skills innately, with extremely high consistency, or in such a way that makes the difficult seem easy. e.g. Pendlebury’s movement through traffic or Didak’s passing to a leading forward.

X-factor is the ability to execute extremely high-level skills, usually in an unpredictable fashion but often at a crucial time, directly influencing the outcome of a match.

Like Stuart Dew in that Grand Final. He was overweight and could not be described as being classy, but his three goals were the difference and constituted real X factor in that game.

You do realise it was his manager who is the one who refuses to work with Fremantle, Kellys family is closer to Fremantle and he apparently wanted to go there but his manager said its West Coast only
Pretty sure that was just made up by a bloke on SEN. Players are not hostage to the whims of their managers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO De Goey is a good example of a player with X factor over class.
JDG has class in spades imo. One of the genuinely beautiful kicks of the footy at the club.

Which is probably why it's difficult to separate X factor from class. Probably hard to find a footballer with X factor and no class.
Swan was one. The ability to burst from packs, shift forward and kick goals and really have a big impact from just a few touches, but he was anything but classy. Definitely a blue collar type!

Which is probably why it's difficult to separate X factor from class. Probably hard to find a footballer with X factor and no class.
When he was with us: Dale Thomas. Heaps of wow stuff, but when it came to the easier stuff - he was pretty sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back