List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about De Goey is that he is taller than them and as quick or quicker than them as well.

He maybe lacks a little bit in terms of his tank...but Martin had a horrible tank early on as well.

He can literally be anything. It's just whether he can have the same dedication to his success that the other have.
Sorry Dave, De Goey isn't as strong or certainly not as quick as Dangerfield. How many GF sprints has DeGoey won (Danger won 3 in a row and Buckley says Stephenson is a bit clear of everyone else at the club)? I think he has more tricks than Dangerfield if snapping for goal, but otherwise Dangerfield currently has him covered in most respects including endurance you'd think. Still, it's like fighting over preferred supermodels though. A bit of a pointless exercise. You'd be more than happy with either.

Last edited:
I knew there was some sinister purpose behind the non-announcements. :p
Just done to annoy the non patient brigade.

Like jumper numbers.

We are chronically late each year.

I have horses to distract me.

Though I tend to be patient.

Is Degoey's pace a recent thing? I actually had the impression that he was a bit one-paced during his first couple of years with us. Probably says more about me than Degoey.

FWIW, I thought exactly the same thing. Now I have always been a JDG fan, but my initial thoughts early in his career was that he would be an inside mid type, and the player I likened him to back then was Jack Ziebell, or perhaps Taylor Adams with cleaner skills. Big bodied bull with nice skills, but I never saw anything out of the ordinary. Save one lovely snapped goal on his left foot, I dont think he even gave a hint of explosive pace or match winning capabilities in his first couple of years...so ya not the only one who missed how good he was...

Millane is my favourite ever player, just such a bull who also took speckies. But even Pants didn't have the physical attributes of Degoey. Like Apex has suggested, his combination of strength, pace, balance and agility is up there with Ablett and Franklin.

Is Degoey's pace a recent thing? I actually had the impression that he was a bit one-paced during his first couple of years with us. Probably says more about me than Degoey.
I think De Goey couldn’t use his pace because he dint have a good enough tank to in his first couple of years similar to Maynard.

They've only ever taken Steven Greene, Travis Tuck and Josh Kennedy.

Will Langford was eligible to be a F/S selection but was taken under a scholarship system instead.

They've previously passed on Devlin Brereton, James Langford, Harry Dear and Ben Jarman.

They do have a trend of picking players developed by other clubs so maybe they just can't be bothered.

The thing about De Goey is that he is taller than them and as quick or quicker than them as well.

He maybe lacks a little bit in terms of his tank...but Martin had a horrible tank early on as well.

He can literally be anything. It's just whether he can have the same dedication to his success that the other have.

De Goey and maybe Martin are the only players in the whole comp who i could see averaging 20-25 touches a game and kicking 60 plus goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Olango?
You'd have to tie a yellow ribbon around him so I could recognise him.
tenor.gif

Sorry Dave, De Goey isn't as strong or certainly not as quick as Dangerfield. How many GF sprints has DeGoey won (Danger won 3 in a row and Buckley says Stephenson is a bit clear of everyone else at the club)? I think he has more tricks than Dangerfield if snapping for goal, but otherwise Dangerfield currently has him covered in most respects including endurance you'd think. Still, it's like fighting over preferred supermodels though. A bit of a pointless exercise. You'd be more than happy with either.

He must be pretty quick then, because Moore was in the 100 metres final of the all private schools as a 16 year old and had a pretty quick time. Has grown since then so don't know if that has impacted on speed but guys at Oakleigh (JDG's club too), said that Moore had electrifying speed. Wonder what distance we measure their speed over. Maybe shorter distances for mids because quick acceleration is important. Judd certainly had that as a defining characteristic until near the end of his career. Stephenson is someone who seems quick off the mark, and he can sustain the speed over a long distance as he bounces his way down the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back