List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's my understanding, although Greenwood just signed an extension for 2020 so can't see him going anywhere.

Barring players requesting trades, I can't see us taking more than 5-6 picks to the drafts. We currently have 2 of those spots cleared. Who makes up the remaining 3-4 will be very interesting.

We really only need to vacate two more spots on the senior list from here to meet the minimum requirements in the ND and we might add one or two rookies - I suspect it might only be the one (leaving one list spot vacant), depending on what changes the AFL makes to the supplemental draft process.

Anything above that will be cream, but I can see us planning ahead for 2021/22 and shifting picks in this year's draft out for picks / points next year, especially given the rumblings about the AFL now reviewing the FA/academy discounts because a few clubs are being pissy about the F/S and Academy / NGA bounty in next years draft.

Sorry to butt in and I haven’t read this entire discussion just curious would this not include the addition of Darcy Cameron?
Not from what l read, was not in the discussion

I don't mind Cox as a player. Good within his limitations.

Cameron wouldn’t be nominating us if we didn’t give him some indication that there’s a senior spot up for grabs. Looking at our talls the “cox role” is the most likely. Doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed that spot, just that the opportunity is there if he performs imo.

Cameron wouldn’t be nominating us if we didn’t give him some indication that there’s a senior spot up for grabs. Looking at our talls the “cox role” is the most likely. Doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed that spot, just that the opportunity is there if he performs imo.
Go home factor? Not sure if he’s a Melbourne boy.
Edit-WA boy from Albany.

I honestly think Grundy is gone after this contract, and Cameron is to be his 2021 replacement. Happy to be proven wrong by Grundy re-signing however.
The idea that we would use an NEAFL ruck/forward to replace the best ruckman in the league is ridiculous, and you should be ashamed for thinking that our club would consider doing it.

As a side note, if Grundy is so keen on going back to Adelaide then why is he asking Collingwood for a 7 year deal...?

I honestly think Grundy is gone after this contract, and Cameron is to be his 2021 replacement. Happy to be proven wrong by Grundy re-signing however.

I don't see that. Grundy would be our number 1 priority signing. Even if he were out the door Cameron is too speculative to be the replacement. I think Cameron is a recognition we lack key forward and ruck depth and our attempt to address it. It's a good move by Cameron because Reid may retire soon and while Cox is very handy he may be vulnerable. Cameron would be one injury or drop in form away from seniors in a pretty exciting team. A smart move by him even if senior footy is not guaranteed. That's the way I see it.

Last edited:
The idea that we would use an NEAFL ruck/forward to replace the best ruckman in the league is ridiculous, and you should be ashamed for thinking that our club would consider doing it.

As a side note, if Grundy is so keen on going back to Adelaide then why is he asking Collingwood for a 7 year deal...?

I don't think Cameron would necessarily be our final ruck replacement. He'd be the "worst case" and we'd have all of next year to try and find a replacement... if Grundy was to leave.

Riley O'Brien would be an obvious acquisition if he goes.

But you're right, the fact he is chasing such a long-term contract is probably telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be all over it but he’s contracted to 2022. Wouldn’t be cheap.

And we have nothing really to trade for him - especially considering we'll need DVI points over the next couple of years, limiting our future pick trading options.

Also not sure if we need another young KPD at this point in time and the whole reason for the rumblings is apparently not wanting to play forward, if you read in between the lines in that article.

Because he's homesick and desperately wants to return home in only 7 years time.

I would.
Free hit.
Trigger clause contract (games played).
Takes Wells spot on list.
my thinking exactly. the question we need to ask is that, will our 40th player get a game and the answer is no. whereas if fit would harley bennell be a likely top 10 possibly top 5 on our list and help us for the flag. yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back