List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was asked to explore opportunities elsewhere, as was Scharenberg and Wills.
Really?
I know for a fact Wills had a contract in front of him prior to trade period and still does.

when you've got 1 problem don't create 2. that's what would happen with Moore going forward. you expose the defence to Roughead and a kid playing key backs. Moore is elite defender and a lock AA if he plays 20 games. don't mess with that.

as a forward he is just average and a mile away from Lynch or Reiwoldt. He doesnt have the forward craft they do. its a mistake to move him.

You are assessing Moore as fwd based on his early career where he was a skinny kid - he would have been equally unimpressive if he played defence at that time.

He is now mature, bigger, stronger and experienced so he is a very different proposition as a fwd.

He could be better than Lynch as he is taller, faster and better below his knees.

I actually do have a splinter of goalpost from that time period. Maybe we should all get together with our combined memorabilia and rebuild Vicky Park, Vicky Park?

I remember the auction before the Pies left Abbotsford. Friend of mine bought a piece of sticky carpet from one of the bars. Another person bought the old timeclock which stood on the hill. Couldn’t get it out of the place, and it stayed there for years, deteriorating. Probably made of asbestos! Not sure what happened to it in the end. City of Yarra probably disposed of it when they revamped the place about 10 years ago.

Can’t understand the Saints not offering Newnes a contract, he isn’t a star but he goes alright. Has been battling manfully for a side thats been average for a long time... Now they sign Dougal Howard on $600k and he gets turfed, bit weird to me.

Just seems off. Surely they can offer a loyal servant of the club a simple 2 yr deal. I don’t see how retaining him hurts them.... they don’t have an abundance of good players lol... he is only 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?
I know for a fact Wills had a contract in front of him prior to trade period and still does.

And he’ll probably sign it.

Just because you tell somebody they are welcome to look at other opportunities doesn’t mean they are going to be delisted.

Maybe asked to explore options was the wrong terminology. Perhaps invited to explore other options or getting the clubs blessing to do so is a better way of expressing it.

Simply by playing? Keane can't kick, albeit he is a good size and determined.
Kelly has genuine talent to be an AFL standard footballer. Summer in the gym and playing at 196cm and 90kg and he could be a viable option down back in the senior team with the support of Howe, Langdon, Murphy, Shaz in the air.
This is the first time I’ve seen anyone say this. Can some regular VFL watchers give some input on this? When he first arrived at the club reports were that he had a very natural kick on him.

He can join other clubs via the draft.
Gotta say I’ll be irritated if Wills walks away after trade week when we could have gotten at least a little bit of value for him in a trade...

Last edited:
Gotta day I’ll be irritated if Wills walks away after trade week when we could have gotten at least a little bit of value for him in a trade...

Would be a ballsy move for a 26(?) yo with Wills’ track record to rely on the draft for a move?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was invited to explore opportunities elsewhere, as was Scharenberg and Wills.

Clearly Longmuir was keen to take advantage of that opportunity and was in the box seat to offer Aish a role. Perfect fit for all. Aish gets to work with a coach he already knows and respects, Fremantle replace Hill and Langdon with a ready made player, and Collingwood honorably manage an exit to get cap relief.

Aish was not seeking a trade and did not initiate any moves. Freemantle came tyre kicking after it was clear that Collingwood was looking to exit some mid salaried players.
Agree. Poaching happens from a fair way out. A poached player isn't flying over for a tour and a medical in the last week of trade week. Longmuir obviously rates him and Aish may not have gone if Longmuir wasn't there, but it seems pretty clear that he fell into Freo's lap after a nudge from us rather than them chasing hard. i'm just glad that we got the deal that we did. I was anticipating far far less. Well done Ned!

Gotta day I’ll be irritated if Wills walks away after trade week when we could have gotten at least a little bit of value for him in a trade...
He'll re-sign. We've obviously offered him peanuts, but if a club was keen a deal would have happened during trade week and for very little to no trade price. Don't forget that before Round 18, he looked a certain delist and he was OK but his form wasn't good enough to warrant a significant re-rating at age 26. Personally, I would have offered him a contract if I was Gold Coast. Just think they need a big brute to shoulder the physical stuff while their kids develop, but they must think differently, or perhaps Wills isn't interested in moving interstate.

He'll re-sign. We've obviously offered him peanuts, but if a club was keen a deal would have happened during trade week and for very little to no trade price. Don't forget that before Round 18, he looked a certain delist and he was OK but his form wasn't good enough to warrant a significant re-rating at age 26. Personally, I would have offered him a contract if I was Gold Coast. Just think they need a big brute to shoulder the physical stuff while their kids develop, but they must think differently, or perhaps Wills isn't interested in moving interstate.
Pretty sure they recruited Greenwood as that big bodied tackling mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back