List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow people are having massive melts over a fringe player like Aish being moved on.I’d hate to think how people would carry on if DeGoey or Grundy left us.This place would literally explode.

No, the back to back Copeland winner Grundy is apparently expendable.

Most players contribute in some way during a game. Incredible is a strong description and I would suggest he's had maybe 3 quarters of incredibleness over his short career. IMO Coxy goes missing and makes way to many mistakes when all he needs to do is half a contest. He maybe tall but his footy smarts are very limited. There have to be better options out there if all he is, is being a target.
LOL have you REALLY watched the opposition tactics against him with umpires in clear view of the entire thing?

Cox is by far the most infringed player in the league - possibly in the entire history of the league.

It's blatant and would not be allowed for any other player.

What actually happens if you go over the cap?
Clubs Football List Manager, Football Director and Bootstudder must all read Big Footy for hours on end, each day, till season proper.

I mean, of Moore, De Goey and Grundy the only one of the 3 to perform on Grand Final day is De Goey. Not sure why the other 2 should be demanding anything.

Grundy was pretty average against GWS in the Prelim, average against West Coast in the Grand Final (albeit unfairly treated by the umps) and here we are with players who have achieved nothing trying to bend us over a barrel for what? A future of perpetually constrained cap space and "nearly" successes?

Let them leave. We'd technically be in the same place anyway, flagless.
Who is bending us over a barrel? As I understand it both JDG and Moore are playing for reasonable dollars and dealings with Grundy have a year to play out.

Is there any actual reason to imagine that the sky is falling?

I mean, of Moore, De Goey and Grundy the only one of the 3 to perform on Grand Final day is De Goey. Not sure why the other 2 should be demanding anything.

Grundy was pretty average against GWS in the Prelim, average against West Coast in the Grand Final (albeit unfairly treated by the umps) and here we are with players who have achieved nothing trying to bend us over a barrel for what? A future of perpetually constrained cap space and "nearly" successes?

Was interesting to see a post that pointed out during their careers, Moore and De Goey have finished top 10 in the Copeland once as a collective.

Wow people are having massive melts over a fringe player like Aish being moved on.I’d hate to think how people would carry on if DeGoey or Grundy left us.This place would literally explode.

Who?

Still bewilders next that a team with the top end talent like Richmond can then throw a large chunk of change at Prestia and Lynch while we can barely afford our own. Something doesn’t add up, whether it’s poor management by our club or great management by the Tigers.
Honestly, they added Prestia and Lynch and let go of Miles ,Menadue, Lloyd, Butler, Conca, C Ellis, B Ellis etc in the process.
Plus they extended some deals for player like Riewoldt who took a pay cut but extended their deals.
Apparently they have had salary cap issues too not surprisingly.

Collingwood has done similarly but it has been the emergence of our own highly rated draft picks which has placed most of the pressure. De Goey/Moore/Grundy. We did add Treloar on a reasonable size deal though. We also looked to do likewise with Tom Lynch but the Tigers beat us.
We'll lose a James Aish along the way as we do so.

What Richmond have done well I think is get value out of guys like Sydney Stack and Marlion Pickett, who are on peanuts.
Having said that, we've done well with Checkers.

I really don't see much difference between the two clubs other than we missed our opportunity last year and they've taken theirs. It's a fine line.
They've had a better balanced key position presence and we've had a stacked midfield, which has relatively underperformed.
We wouldn't have done the Beams deal had we got Lynch. We couldn't have afforded to.
It doesn't look like such a great alternate trade at this stage.

Both clubs pay about the same amount of money each year for the same amount of players.
If we win a flag in a year's time, which is possible, we'll all feel much better about the relativities.

By the way, look at the Giants - big cap issues and paying other clubs to take their players off their hands. No 1 picks in Scully, Patton etc
They've not won a flag or faired any better than us in terms of premierships.
I think our list management compares favourably.

You also do realise that clubs like Melbourne, North, Carlton aren't paying their players much differently to the Pies.
The AFL salary cap rules don't allow it.
Now compare the relative performance of us vs these clubs. We've played finals the vast majority of years in the past 15 years. We've been pretty successful in definitions other than premiership wins.
Comparing unfavourably with Richmond at the time they've just won their second premiership is pretty selective.
Every other club looks poor by comparison too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL have you REALLY watched the opposition tactics against him with umpires in clear view of the entire thing?

Cox is by far the most infringed player in the league - possibly in the entire history of the league.

It's blatant and would not be allowed for any other player.
Ok lets write to the AFL voicing our concerns because that will help. Even if he is given a free kick he can't kick consistantly from distance, angles or around the corner attempts anyway. I agree he is illegally blocked, chopped, etc. but unfortunately he hasn't been able to work through it. Our delivery doesn't help but my concern is how easily teams rebound once he gets nudged under it. He doesn't have the skills, speed, movements or 2nd efforts to lock the ball in his area. He basically becomes a witches hat once they get the pill.

Excellent logic and insight into your list management strategy.
Will definitely free up cap space - and plummet the quality of our best 22 and slam shut our premiership window.

But hey we will have cap space.

Ok lets write to the AFL voicing our concerns because that will help. Even if he is given a free kick he can't kick consistantly from distance, angles or around the corner attempts anyway. I agree he is illegally blocked, chopped, etc. but unfortunately he hasn't been able to work through it. Our delivery doesn't help but my concern is how easily teams rebound once he gets nudged under it. He doesn't have the skills, speed, movements or 2nd efforts to lock the ball in his area. He basically becomes a witches hat once they get the pill.
OK so what part of - he is continually gets blocked/arms chopped in full view of the umpire don't you get??

Look forget it mate, you obviously have a hate on for him so I'm moving on.

Excellent logic and insight into your list management strategy.
Will definitely free up cap space - and plummet the quality of our best 22 and slam shut our premiership window.

But hey we will have cap space.

That's right, cap space to potentially put together a list that will actually win us a flag.

For the experts.
Could we possibly be trying to gazump St Kilda for Hill or is it a done deal?
Freo apparently want 2 first rounders.
Could we make it happen with a future 1st and get ourselves another one somehow?
Hope we are getting in the ear of his management.
If we could make this happen we could be ok with Phillips moving on.

For the experts.
Could we make it happen with a future 1st and get ourselves another one somehow?
Yeah...nah

For the experts.
No chance.

The reason he wants St Kilda is 900k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back