List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis Taylor went to Swans for 48. Put that stake in the ground. Aish better worse or the same? I say just better but we seem more desperate to sell than Lions. So I’m thinking somewhere around 40. Or low future 2nd?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Aish is a lot better but we will probably get something similar

re: Wills - trading him won't ease any salary cap issues. We may have floated him, but would want a fair pick in trade.

This year has shown that contract $ / years negotiation is at least as important as spotting draft talent and negotiating trades.

Hill and Howard will improve the Saints a heap, but enough to win a flag? Paying 1.5m for the next few years for these two will make sustained improvement difficult. As we've already seen with the Gubby effect.

The Guy was nearly the Whole Season in the VFL.

Outstanding is bit
The Guy was nearly the Whole Season in the VFL.

Outstanding is bit over the top. He was Good but he was not a Game Changer

He was great. Look at his last 5 games. Tackling machine. Other players lifted once he got into the team.

re: Wills - trading him won't ease any salary cap issues. We may have floated him, but would want a fair pick in trade.

This year has shown that contract $ / years negotiation is at least as important as spotting draft talent and negotiating trades.

Hill and Howard will improve the Saints a heap, but enough to win a flag? Paying 1.5m for the next few years for these two will make sustained improvement difficult. As we've already seen with the Gubby effect.

enough to win a flag? Ffs serious overrating there. Won’t make the 8.

He's uncontracted and supposedly had a contract offer from us for a while now. So we wouldn't be trying to trade him for salary cap relief, because he's not contracted. It'll be a low offer from us and he will have been trying to get better offers.

Because Aish is a Good Player. Wills has been Borderline AFL people saying most of the Year was not AFL Standered and Scharanberg is 1 ACL away from Retirement
Yes Dave, but if you delist a player and pay them out it’s still counted under the salary cap. Then you have to recruit and pay players to take those spots. Doing what you’re suggesting is actually putting the salary cap under more pressure, which the opposite of what the club is trying to achieve here. I know it’s upsetting for you that Aish is gone, but the only way that a contracted guy like Scharenberg could go is in a trade, and there were clearly no takers. In Wills’ case, his contract offer will be on minimum chips. We’ll be paying him barely any more than we’d pay a new draftee, so once again, getting rid of him provides no relief.

I’m sorry it’s happened this way mate, but Aish really was the only obvious option here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave it's quite simple really - all of Grundy, DeGooey and Stevenson have exploded onto the scene - all are A grade players with two AA level and need to be paid accordingly in their upcoming contract. There was no interest for Reid etc.,

Aish was the only one left vulnerable - the club did exactly the right thing by letting him know his position regarding upcoming contracts to give him maximum control over his future career.

This is the new AFL - we may not like it but it's the environment which the club has to operate in.

Stephenson isn't A grade. C+ to B- at this stage.

Lewis Taylor went to Swans for 48. Put that stake in the ground. Aish better worse or the same? I say just better but we seem more desperate to sell than Lions. So I’m thinking somewhere around 40. Or low future 2nd?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taylor was a pure depth player this year. Played 4 games. He was never going to yeild much in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back