List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is clearly orchestrated, all the media is intentional.
We are doing a port Adelaide. Trade out some over rated stars, hit the draft hard aiming for a quick rebound
Dekka and Rendell have both said this a great draft.
Plus we will try to bring in someone old in the forward line for free- no point waiting for a young forward to develop with our list

Probably pick 5 and Wright if it happened.

I think we should go harder for a required player given Treloar's status as an A grade midfielder in the competition.

Wright could easily be had for a lower pick in a separate deal, given the reported $600k we'd have to absorb.

Lukosious is the one I'd want and maybe there's a chance he might be gettable if a big name like Treloar was going the other way.

Third time I've said this but Treloar, Phillips (or one of pick 34 / 37) and 2021 first for Lukosious, Brodie and pick 5 might potentially work?

I am a fan of Treloar but in theory if he were to go it’s best he left this year.

Treloar for 2020 pick 5 and a future 2nd or Peter Wright... that’s not a bad deal.

We could use pick 5 or bundle with our other 1st and move up the draft order. Rebuilding Hawthorn (pick 4) or Sydney (pick 3) might take that deal.

Then we grab Will Phillips... a likely 10 year midfielder. Or Logan McDonald if he’s still available

And we’ve freed up some significant cap space

I think we should go harder for a required player given Treloar's status as an A grade midfielder in the competition.

Wright could easily be had for a lower pick in a separate deal, given the reported $600k we'd have to absorb.

Lukosious is the one I'd want and maybe there's a chance he might be gettable if a big name like Treloar was going the other way.

Third time I've said this but Treloar, Phillips (or one of pick 34 / 37) and 2021 first for Lukosious, Brodie and pick 5 might potentially work?

I think pick 5 and say Wright would be reasonable given Treloar will be 28 by start of next season and he has a history of hamstring issues.

They’d get 4 maybe 5 years out of him before the body packs it in

Nobody wants to lose either Treloar or JDG unnecessarily, but it could be the perfect storm here.

JDG being a problem child, Treloar having to weigh up family.

My question is though, if we clear their salaries off the books, are we getting Cameron? Because if we aren’t, not sure how this plays out even if we hit the draft.

Peter Wright is not a need he’s a need for Gold Coast to get rid of. If he’s involved in any deal I’d like it to be as extra

eg: pick 5 and Brodie for treloar if you also take Wright

I dont see it happening.

I think pick 5 and say Wright would be reasonable given Treloar will be 28 by start of next season and he has a history of hamstring issues.

Played 20+ games a year every year except 2018 (fluke hamstring in jury) and this year (looks a lot worse due to the compressed schedule).

Genuine A-grade midfielder still in his prime, has the ball on a string, strong contested ball winner, has improved at the stoppages and kicks goals. We're underselling him if pick 5 and Wright is all we ask for in return.

I dont see it happening.

Lukosius is admittedly aiming high, but there are a number of younger players I'd want to look at before Wright, who could be had for a second round pick at best given that he is essentially a salary dump.

We should at least be asking the question instead of settling for Wright.

Last edited:
You at least ask the question - settling for a non-required player on a stupid contract is not what I'd want us to be doing, given his value is second round at best (maybe not even that given that it would be a salary dump for them).

Yeah but Treloar is a flawed star who is turning 28.

Pick 5 and a 2nd rounder is about as much as you could expect.

Hes an accumulator with poor disposal.
Lost a lot of his pace after double hammy which was what really set him apart as a player.
Isn't great defensively off the ball.

Nobody wants to lose either Treloar or JDG unnecessarily, but it could be the perfect storm here.

JDG being a problem child, Treloar having to weigh up family.

My question is though, if we clear their salaries off the books, are we getting Cameron? Because if we aren’t, not sure how this plays out even if we hit the draft.

Assuming the parties can’t agree, I wonder if JDG would like the Sydney lifestyle?
Pick 3 and ... Mellican

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Couch tonight...
Stewie Dew adv. GC would definitely be interested in Treloar and that the have picks 5-6. However, he said Treloar would have to be interested and not be looking at GC as a retirement cheque.
Gerard, Robbo, Lyon believe he will go.
It was reported that the Pies and De Goey are abt. $250k apart. De Goey wants $800k+ he received this year Pies are offering less.
Stephenson's manager has stated he is not going anywhere.
Melbourne are interested in Mihocek. Lyon believes he is worth more than De Goey based on his output week after week.
Preuss has requested a trade to GWS

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Garry Lyon doesn’t have a clue in what world is Mihocek worth more than DeGoey

Don't understand the love for Brodie - his stats are the exact same in every category as Sier, he's only 6 months younger.
If we want a mid from GCS ask for Fiorini, he is a proven mid but I would be pushing for a Charlie Ballard, we would need to add a pick though

GCS - Treloar & 2021 first
Pies - Pick 5 & Ballard with future late picks for points (N.Daicos bid)

or

GCS - Treloar & 2020 2nd round
Pies - Pick 5, Fiorini and later picks for points (Reef bid)

Pick 5 can be turned into Will Philips or Denver Grainger-Barras and cap space to sign Ben Brown - lose one player and opens us up to be set for years across all areas.

Trade Treloar (unfortunately)
Trade Phillips to free up some cap space.
Delist/Trade Scharenberg
Delist Broomhead
Delist Wills
Dunn retires
Varcoe retires
Langdon retires

Pick 5, 24 and Brodie/Fiorini for Treloar and Pick 37.
Pick 24 and Phillips to NM for Ben Brown, Robbie Tarrant and Pick 57.
Cameron as a Free Agent (pipe dream i know)

B: Howe - Tarrant - Noble
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Crisp
C: Rantall - Adams - Daicos
HF: Ruscoe - J.Cameron - DeGoey
F: Elliott - B.Brown - Stephenson
R: Grundy - Pendlebury - Maynard
INT: Brodie/Fiorini - WHE - Mihocek - Murphy

Nice mix of Vets and youth.
DeGoey more midfield time.
Window stays open.

I am a fan of Treloar but in theory if he were to go it’s best he left this year.

Treloar for 2020 pick 5 and a future 2nd or Peter Wright... that’s not a bad deal.

We could use pick 5 or bundle with our other 1st and move up the draft order. Rebuilding Hawthorn (pick 4) or Sydney (pick 3) might take that deal.

Then we grab Will Phillips... a likely 10 year midfielder. Or Logan McDonald if he’s still available

And we’ve freed up some significant cap space

Do you worry Phillips is another whos poor kicking (admmitedly off limited veiwing) will leave u with a flawed star much like treloar?

Is there not a mid with hardness, pace and skill in this draft?

So all the media is saying Treloar is not interested in moving, the people on here already have it as a done move. Seriously, we are Collingwood, they are gonna be feeding off DeGoey and Treloar and Moore and then Daicos for the next month as click bait.
Treloar will stay because he says he is not interested in moving. Everyone has him gone because she has signed a 10 month contract, what about if she is not renewed and she is then traded to Adelaide? Does he then go to the Crows the year after? This is nonsense.
Also, we don't even know if we are playing footy in Melbourne next year. There has to be some doubt.

Played 20+ games a year every year except 2018 (fluke hamstring in jury) and this year (looks a lot worse due to the compressed schedule).

Genuine A-grade midfielder still in his prime, has the ball on a string, strong contested ball winner, has improved at the stoppages and kicks goals. We're underselling him if pick 5 and Wright is all we ask for in return.

We paid 2x 1st rd picks for him... when he was 22. And the fact we paid 2x1st for 28 year old Beams is irrelevant because we had Quaynor coming in as part of that draft which complicated it a bit... and it’s been widely accepted since that paying 2x 1sts for 28 year olds is paying overs.

I mean I hope your right! I just don’t see it happening. Especially if Treloar says I want to go for family reasons... the pies will get it done rather than play it like Dodoro and haggle to the point it doesn’t get done

That would be a great outcome, but overs for mine. Depends how much they rate Wright.

Do you worry Phillips is another whos poor kicking (admmitedly off limited veiwing) will leave u with a flawed star much like treloar?

Is there not a mid with hardness, pace and skill in this draft?

I agree from the highlights I saw the kicking wasn’t great but clearly not the finished product. And I think these days the touted top 2 or so mids tend to be very good.

There are enough seasoned eyes on them judging their ability and ceiling

So all the media is saying Treloar is not interested in moving, the people on here already have it as a done move. Seriously, we are Collingwood, they are gonna be feeding off DeGoey and Treloar and Moore and then Daicos for the next month as click bait.
Treloar will stay because he says he is not interested in moving. Everyone has him gone because she has signed a 10 month contract, what about if she is not renewed and she is then traded to Adelaide? Does he then go to the Crows the year after? This is nonsense.
Also, we don't even know if we are playing footy in Melbourne next year. There has to be some doubt.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back