List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
take this with a grain of salt and i have no idea about the credibility but thought i would post it anyway

Mate is a carlton supporter and he has a client thats on the GC (GC supporter)
Thinks Cj is just about a done deal and the suns are confident.
apparently played alot of junior footy with the suns SA kids that he is close to.

i think he stays otherwise would have known already but this latest "news" my mate told me got me thinking. Im sure it would be more about the length and $$$ and not just the players at the suns

take this with a grain of salt and i have no idea about the credibility but thought i would post it anyway

apparently played alot of junior footy with the suns SA kids that he is close to.

i think he stays otherwise would have known already but this latest "news" my mate told me got me thinking. Im sure it would be more about the length and $$$ and not just the players at the suns

if we somehow end up with pick 3 I can live with it

Shame if we do lose him, I really rate him gonna be very interesting what his value is at

if he is to leave its with a heavy heart that i say GC is way to go in best interests of RFC

Unless we are getting young A grade midfielders go to the draft. With Ross, Stack, Dow, RCD, Ralphsmith, Cumberland and Martyn on our list it makes no sense bringing in a mature age midfielder. We have already added Parker as well who hasn’t played in a full strength Richmond team.

2022 is going to be awesome… we still have the best team but now with 10 odd players a little older and with more experience putting pressure on to make us better.

something like
cj + 7 OUT
IN 3 and ~30
Interesting but I think I would prefer another round 1 pick even if it’s late instead of just an upgrade of pick 7

if he is to leave its with a heavy heart that i say GC is way to go in best interests of RFC
I dont usually take these things seriously but coming from a 50+ year old guy living on the gold coast who is a senior manager in a recruiting firm who supports the suns (due to location obviously ) just thought why would he make it up ?

anyway it is what it is and if he leaves then he is a turd with all Richmond have done for him , Hoping he shows some loyalty

Interesting but I think I would prefer another round 1 pick even if it’s late instead of just an upgrade of pick 7
I would be wanting their picks #19 & #22 for Cj & #40/44
hate seeing this club giving picks/players away for nothing more than chips

We really should have had St kilda's 1st rounder this year other wise not let him go and force him to stay or St kilda pay up

* Because they lose that pick automatically for 1025 points and fall well short eating into their next picks or even worse next years 1st rounder
*Because by trading it to Richmond they receive 430 points extra saving their next picks

* Because its just stupid not too either trade it to us or another club for a player or more picks

*Its very very simple i just dont get how you are not getting this or are you just taking the piss
I completely understand what they get from trading it, I'm merely suggesting that they don't necessarily have to trade it for a few extra points if they have enough points from moving on Lipinski and Wallis and any others that may move on at seasons end.

Depends if were going to use 26/28 & 40 along with 7 & 15.
Thats 5 spots we have to create(Astbury/Houli/Naish & Egg so far).
Not to mention the chance of us getting Wallis as a FA.
So by doing a deal that we sacrifice 26 & 28 for 17 is a no brainer for me.
Wish people would stop using what points are equivalent too.
End of the day picks 26 & 28 as an example means your getting the 26th & 28th best kid in the draft.Not frigging the 6th.lol
So far we've let go of Naish and had Astbury & Houli retire, so we have 3 spots. Egg doesn't make a lick of difference being he is rookie listed. We still have Garthwaite Cumberland Nyoun Chol & CCJ unsigned with Caddy a possibility of moving on as well. Of the unsigned odds are that Garthwaite departs, while one of Chol or CCJ is bound to leave as well, that would give us 5 spots to fill.

Pick wise we have 7 15 26 28 40 & 44. Given the likelihood that we're going to need a 2-3 KPPs from the draft I'm not sure trading 26 & 28 for 17 makes sense for us given our 4th & 5th picks won't be until the late 30s/early 40s and by then the better KPP options my well be gone. For mine I'd like to try and trade 40 & 44 for a pick in the mid 20s-early 30s and head to the draft with 7 15 26 28 & 30 to give us the best chance of cherry picking the best talent out of the KPP pool.

When you're trading with a team like the Dogs who need points for matching Darcy, they don't care what picks they get, they just want enough points to match a bid on Darcy. Based on the points scale and discount they get they need the equivalent of pick 6 in points, hence mentioning that in terms of what they need to get to. Obviously if we're trading with a club not looking to match an early bid on an academy kid then point value doesn't matter.

How do the suns do it though? Their main list spots are all locked in (Rosas the last to sign on) and it’s only been rookies that have retired 🤷‍♂️ They need at least 4 spots open🤔 (three draft/rookie upgrade and at least one to bring in CCJ).

Suppose they’ll just have to trade some out or convince some to be moved to the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

…and he will decide next week….

well that means he has other offers on the table. And if you want to get a 22 year old out of a club it’s pretty easy to do so with a three year deal. We all know he can play. Free hit, low risk on three years.

Was he listening to Tiger71 on a podcast by any chance? Lol

And we're back to Cerra talk.

Thoughts folks.

I love Cerra but that's too much for him.
Pick 15 and one of our second rounders for Cerra.

And we're back to Cerra talk.

Thoughts folks.

That is just some rando linking us because ‘it makes sense’ lol It’s the Tom Mitchell bullshit from earlier in the year.

And hell no I wouldn’t trade two firsts for him even with a second coming back. That is ******* terrible 🤦‍♂️ Cerra is in no way worth two firsts especially if one is a top ten pick 🤮.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back