List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on all the talk re drafting well but having leaders to bring the players up, but let's not forget our development which seems sub par in recent years. Guys like Morris seem to be leading well bit something isn't the best with development?
I would say that's the least of our troubles. Other clubs are recruiting from our VFL side. D'Ambrosio (Ess/Haw) and Sam Durham (Ess) are good examples. We have several youngsters developing nicely and whilst some of them won't make it, the development of Dow, MRJ, Miller, Brown, Green & Kaleb Smith from all reports, Ralph Smith and Banks whom all have limitations yet are all capable of making the grade is trending upwards. Not to mention that we have recruited Trezise, Young and Lefau from our own VFL team.

Rest assured that will never happen, even if we had pick 1.
Oh I'm aware lol. I just find it funny how much of a hate boner he has for us.

This guy stays up at night thinking of new and innovative ways to screw Richmond. We must have really hurt him.

Kane is a fugging moron

North
Hawthorn
Richmond

The 3 teams on the ladder that are currently below WCE with 2 of them unlikely to pass the Eagles by seasons end.

This guy stays up at night thinking of new and innovative ways to screw Richmond. We must have really hurt him.

Has he campaigned for this stuff before? I don't remember so, this guy gets off just trying to kick Richmond down.

His vendetta against us is completely unprofessional for his role.

If Liam Baker chooses to go I would seriously looking at a swap for Josh Tracey and a swap of Freo’s second round for 2025 and we give back a third round. Better upgrade on Kozi and will partner big Sexy.

troll GIF

I think that people keep forgetting and keep overlooking the most recent example of how to actually build a list to be competitive ASAP. GWS is prime example of building a list and having it essentially robbed of a Grand Final spot because "the dogs are a great story". The fact that they can be compared to GC and other teams that have cut deep is great as a comparison.

GWS signed senior leaders and teachers (and one really homophobic jesus pusher) as well as a heap of very talented kids. They kept these senior players around a heap to guide and extract the talent from the kids. Gold Coast on the other hand took good players but not players that were leaders and could create a good culture. Look to the Saints as well, they played the senior leaders too long and didnt bring in enough youth. They also traded out the ones that still had some years left that could of been there as a "slot in" player when the kids needed breaks.

You can cut deep on a list but that needs to be cutting the chaff. The senior players that have currency but are really surplus to needs and have no real leadership capabilities. This is why I think we should be moving heaven and earth to keep Baker around for those standards he can set on the field.
There has to be a limit to it tho. For mine i can only justify it if someone has pushed them out of the side. Cutting guys still in the best 23 is how you end up taking a left at Norf/Horf st. As for the Aints a decade ago, they had to let some guys go as they had no cap & had to start over, it set them back a decade & they still haven't recovered now.

If Liam Baker chooses to go I would seriously looking at a swap for Josh Tracey and a swap of Freo’s second round for 2025 and we give back a third round. Better upgrade on Kozi and will partner big Sexy.
His name is Josh Treacy. It's pronounced Tracey but it's Treacy. He's going to get talked about a lot for the next six months until Baker signs so might as well show some respect (unlike that shown to Hooper, Tarranto, and a litany of others I can't be bothered to mention) and spell the blokes name correctly. It's not like we have anything to loose.

I hope we do land Josh Treacy. He is a big bullocking, hard tackling, high marking, straight kicking 21yo KPF we need. This is my third year banging on about it.

Got to say since Tiger 71 was mostly driven away from.posting his brilliant trade news,nobody on this or any other site comes close to any decent news on tigers,and its missed big time.
Yes I know the great man's getting over serious headaches, and wish him super well.
This 100%! Some need to be very careful what they wish for & give themselves an uppercut in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His name is Josh Treacy. It's pronounced Tracey but it's Treacy. He's going to get talked about a lot for the next six months until Baker signs so might as well show some respect (unlike that shown to Hooper, Tarranto, and a litany of others I can't be bothered to mention) and spell the blokes name correctly. It's not like we have anything to loose.

I hope we do land Josh Treacy. He is a big bullocking, hard tackling, high marking, straight kicking 21yo KPF we need. This is my third year banging on about it.

Last of our problems
Beg to differ.

Nankervis is 30 this year
Naismith is 32 this year
Ryan is 24 and still gets outbodied by AFL rucks
Hayes-Brown & Colina are miles away.

Another ruck is needed

Beg to differ.

Nankervis is 30 this year
Naismith is 32 this year
Ryan is 24 and still gets outbodied by AFL rucks
Hayes-Brown & Colina are miles away.

Another ruck is needed
We need the stop gap at the 27 - 28 year old range or try and grab one that is 25 and is shaping up to look good. That is when Ruck's get good anyway I mean just look at Witts at the Gold Coast. Became a good player at like 29.

Got to say since Tiger 71 was mostly driven away from.posting his brilliant trade news,nobody on this or any other site comes close to any decent news on tigers,and its missed big time.
Yes I know the great man's getting over serious headaches, and wish him super well.
Was his concussion diagnosed by Luke Meehan????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back