List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I drive past when’s him he’s road running I think of throwing some dog sh*t at him.

Unfortunately my car is branded so it’s off the cards.

Such a flog.
Why are you driving around with dog s**t in your car? 😂

I know that this is a sarcastic post but I am curious why you went Nank to Saints? Out of all the teams they are one with a pretty settled ruckman no?

Not a lot of thought went into it as you rightly pointed, it was fairly sarcastic.

The only reason i went with it was because Ross Lyon would love a massive campaigner like Nank to make them tougher & more competitive & I think they lack depth behind Marshall.

Every time I drive past when’s him he’s road running I think of throwing some dog sh*t at him.

Unfortunately my car is branded so it’s off the cards.

Such a flog.

There is no way in hell Liam Baker would walk in the PSD - Cornes is like all those whores on OnlyFans - making cash on having no dignity

What is more likely to happen is, the AFL might like the idea of propping up the Eagles with Baker, while making us worse. So they will gift the Eagles a Priority Pick to ensure they can have their cake and eat it too.

You can get decent mature age rucks for * all every year. Samson is tracking well to take over from Nank in a couple of years.

Sampson is not tracking well. He still gets monstered by AFL players. Until he gets his core strength up to scratch he won't make it in the AFL. Once he is strong enough he will be very good.

Sampson is not tracking well. He still gets monstered by AFL players. Until he gets his core strength up to scratch he won't make it in the AFL. Once he is strong enough he will be very good.
Still can't run games out either. That's my biggest concern with him.

I think that is clearly the point .. that you and the club didn't recognize that you need to draft a KPF at least five years before you need to replace him ...
It is 2024 ... seven years later and we finally drafted Fawcett ... with him and Lynch ... being the only two leading forwards that played forward as juniors on our entire list ... and both injured

Only an idiot would argue the Oscar Allen miss was a terrible mistake and that we desperately needed to draft a key forward over 5 years ago

Yeah, because Oscar Allen would’ve hung around for 3-4 years playing VFL waiting for Jack to retire…..no way do we play all of Jack, Lynch and Allen.

Or we get Allen end of 2017 so we don’t get Lynch end of 2018.

Or end of 2018 Lynch chooses the Pies as why would he go to a team that already had 2 x KPF’s when the Pies had none?

End of this year Curnow is nearly 28yo and McKay nearly 27yo … do you expect Carlton to use a top-20 pick on a KPF this draft ?? And if they do and they are really promising, do you think they’d happily cool their jets playing VFL until 2029 when half a dozen teams don’t have a decent KPF?

Of course Allen would be great to have on our list, but it would’ve been illogical to get him end of 2017 with Jack there and Lynch in the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What plan? lol

So when we had a Top10 pick we drafted .... a key backman lol

And now we draft a key forward with a pick in the 40s ...

Is this Plan B C or D?

Or was Plan C giving a 3 year contract to the U18 All Australian Full Back who has never taken a contested mark in his life?

Thank God Plan D was to take a 26 year old rugby player and turn him into a KPF

What is that stops you from just posting ... it clearly was a mistake to draft Jack Higgins rather than Oscar Allen

What Key Forward free agent are we targeting this year?? Tex Walker or Elliott Himmelberg lol

If we draft Oscar Allen we don’t get Lynch and we don’t win 2019 or 2020 flags….. but we’d have Allen now … awesome

Yes he is. He's regularly in the bests in the VFL against big bodies. In two years time when Nank is cooked, Ryan will be about to peak. It should be a seamless transition.

His name is Josh Treacy. It's pronounced Tracey but it's Treacy. He's going to get talked about a lot for the next six months until Baker signs so might as well show some respect (unlike that shown to Hooper, Tarranto, and a litany of others I can't be bothered to mention) and spell the blokes name correctly. It's not like we have anything to loose.

I hope we do land Josh Treacy. He is a big bullocking, hard tackling, high marking, straight kicking 21yo KPF we need. This is my third year banging on about it.

Treacy is only a chance of getting to Richmond if :

A. He wants to leave.
B. After deciding he wants to leave he chooses Richmond as his desired destination.

I don’t believe A is true. And if it is true, we’d then be in the mix with 10 other clubs trying to secure him.

It’s nice to dream, but it’s pie in the sky stuff.

Beg to differ.

Nankervis is 30 this year
Naismith is 32 this year
Ryan is 24 and still gets outbodied by AFL rucks
Hayes-Brown & Colina are miles away.

Another ruck is needed
Nank has 3 years and no way Moyle will want to wait in reserve and by then Ryan would have taken over

Treacy is only a chance of getting to Richmond if :

A. He wants to leave.
B. After deciding he wants to leave he chooses Richmond as his desired destination.

I don’t believe A is true. And if it is true, we’d then be in the mix with 10 other clubs trying to secure him.

It’s nice to dream, but it’s pie in the sky stuff.

We have something that nobody else has and WC and Freo desperately want. His name is Liam Baker. Whilst he is out of contract, there's no way he walks to the PSD so he has to be traded for. Freo have three firsts. If indeed Baker (love that Baker - pie analogy btw) does go, we'd be crazy not to ask for one of their first and JT.

I'd say the pie (in the sky) has just been baked by Mama and is sitting in the kitchen window cooling and waiting Josh to come back home to Mama (Victoria) and taste it. He's 21, perfect to slot into Rich for our rebuild. 90,000 at the G, why wouldn't he want to come home ?

Last edited:
There is no way in hell Liam Baker would walk in the PSD - Cornes is like all those whores on OnlyFans - making cash on having no dignity

Pedro Pascal Laughing GIF by PBS SoCal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw I first posted on Josh Treacy in mid 2021 when we could have had him for a packet of chips. I've made a bunch of posts about him in the ensuing three years. It's not like I've jumped on his bandwagon in the last few weeks !

View attachment 1975237
Yeah we've missed the boat on Treacy. He has improved out of sight this year, not a chance Freo let him go.

I think that is clearly the point .. that you and the club didn't recognize that you need to draft a KPF at least five years before you need to replace him ...
It is 2024 ... seven years later and we finally drafted Fawcett ... with him and Lynch ... being the only two leading forwards that played forward as juniors on our entire list ... and both injured

Only an idiot would argue the Oscar Allen miss was a terrible mistake and that we desperately needed to draft a key forward over 5 years ago

Ding ding ding. You are correct.

Know who was available around 5 years ago for next to nothing? Jesse Hogan.

He was spudding it up in the WAFL in his 2nd year. That was the only time to pounce. So-so last year.
Yeah and we had players in their 2nd year spudding it up at VFL but you would never trade a Rookie picked player in his 2nd year for pick 60+ and nobody would have given more.

Would we trade fawcett in his 2nd year

LoL
And where were you going too play all 3?
He would have played the 30 games Chol played until end of 2021and (we could have drafted Sam Taylor instead of CCJ and then no need for Tarrant)
Yeah, because Oscar Allen would’ve hung around for 3-4 years playing VFL waiting for Jack to retire…..no way do we play all of Jack, Lynch and Allen.

Or we get Allen end of 2017 so we don’t get Lynch end of 2018.

Or end of 2018 Lynch chooses the Pies as why would he go to a team that already had 2 x KPF’s when the Pies had none?

End of this year Curnow is nearly 28yo and McKay nearly 27yo … do you expect Carlton to use a top-20 pick on a KPF this draft ?? And if they do and they are really promising, do you think they’d happily cool their jets playing VFL until 2029 when half a dozen teams don’t have a decent KPF?

Of course Allen would be great to have on our list, but it would’ve been illogical to get him end of 2017 with Jack there and Lynch in the wings.

Oscar Allen had a stress fracture to his tibia when drafted and didn't play football in 2018 and debuted as a backman as WCE had a stacked forward line ...

Last year was the first year he kicked over 30 goals in a season ... it takes five years for a KPF to be a match winner

In 2017 JR8 was about five years away from retirement and Lynch was not on the list ... complete fail to select Higgins and not Allen

I thought his management approached us and we said no thanks?
No im pretty sure we were into him and he wanted to stay out of the bubble

"WEBOct 26, 2020 · Fremantle have reportedly offered to pay part of Jesse Hogans salary for next year as Richmond show interest in the troubled spearhead."

Nank has 3 years and no way Moyle will want to wait in reserve and by then Ryan would have taken over
Nankervis may have 3 years left but how many of those games is he going to play given his missed 38 games since 2019. Naismith could very well pull the pin this year and that leaves Ryan as the only reasonable back up. For mine we need a mature ruck that sits between Nankervis and Ryan that can step in if Nank and Ryan are out and a young developing ruck that we can have ready to support Ryan in 3 years time when Nankervis could retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back