List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

It's good that someone in the media actually did the work on this.
It only works out better for us if West Coast and Freo are falling over each other to get Baker. 4 top 20 picks would be amazing. Preferably a couple of those would be top 10.
I still think if we managed 4 picks in the top 20 we trade one of those out for a future 1st just so we have all our bases covered over talent.

Treacy wasn't spudding it up in the WAFL at all. He was injured and played a bunch of games to get match fit. Anytime he's been fit in the last two years he's played in the seniors. He always looked extremely promising, particularly his str8 kicking and the way he crashes packs, tackles hard and attacks the footy.

The only way he'd be gettable is if Baker decides to leave and there's a bidding war with WC.
josh treacle

That's funny I was just watching midweek tackle on foxfooty and they said West Coast is the front runner for Baker lol

Love Jon " I guess" Ralph.

First Baker is highly unlikely to leave. So the idea Baker will leave because he loved judd, heck me lol. Secondly its likely Graham will be gone at years end from what im hearing.

Sorry not posting much at all, still getting through rehab and I cant use the comp or phone much :p I will be on Michaels Tigercast this Monday with some really solid news the media has not broken yet. Will only be on for 10 minutes or so at the start of the show.

Just a FYI

First Baker is highly unlikely to leave. So the idea Baker will leave because he loved judd, * me lol. Secondly its likely Graham will be gone at years end from what im hearing.

Sorry not posting much at all, still getting through rehab and I cant use the comp or phone much :p I will be on Michaels Tigercast this Monday with some really solid news the media has not broken yet. Will only be on for 10 minutes or so at the start of the show.

Just a FYI
Good to hear from u t71

First Baker is highly unlikely to leave. So the idea Baker will leave because he loved judd, * me lol. Secondly its likely Graham will be gone at years end from what im hearing.

Just a FYI
All the best @Tiger71…I’m not convinced that Baker will leave either…I remember him saying that he appreciated the tigers’ faith when he was overlooked…By two teams in particular…That might mean nothing now… Or it might mean something…

Just a FYI
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Happy to have Baker with us on another deal, equally accept if he goes home I think I'd be comfortable with a top 15 pick to add to our rebuild.

I really do think we need a big injection of young talent and having multiple picks inside the top 30 again is a good way to add to a reasonable young core.

ah. in the VFL

Yeah, not interested in VFL players.

Naish & RCD were elite in the VFL. He reminds me of a tall version of both those blokes. And i say that as someone who was a defender of both of them . But, unfortuantely, i had to accept my opinion on them was wrongly placed.

I hope you are right - we need a player in Samson's position to step up. I just don't see it. I always compare him to Ty & quite honestly, Ty always showed far more upside than Ryan has at the same age.

IMO they are different players. Vickery was a forward who could pinch hit ruck. Ryan is a ruckman. We need to stop judging him at AFL level when he’s played primarily as a forward as that’s not his best position.

I believe he’ll make it as an excellent ruckman.

McInerney made his debut in 2018 at 23y and 8 months.

Dean Brogan played 7 games in 2001, 1 game in 2002, and became a regular in 2003 as a 24yo.

Witts played 40 games at Pies from 2013-2016… established himself as a quality ruckman at the Suns when 24y and 6m in 2017.

Reilly O’Brien played 2 games in 2016. Didn’t play again until 2019 when 23y and 9m.

Rowan Marshall only established himself in 2019 at 23yo and 4m.

Tom Hickey didn’t establish himself at senior level until 25yo.

The list goes on …

Ryan is as tall as any of them and is only 23y and 4m, so there’s absolutely no reason to think he’s a bust just because he has been in the system for 4-years.

He’s shown capacity to get plenty of the ball, take contested marks, kick goals and monster VFL opponents in the ruck.

Early in 2023 he showed excellent signs in the ruck with small stints forward, so I’m super confident he’ll be a terrific ruckman for us as early as 2025 when he has just turned 24yo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO they are different players. Vickery was a forward who could pinch hit ruck. Ryan is a ruckman. We need to stop judging him at AFL level when he’s played primarily as a forward as that’s not his best position.

Dean Brogan played 7 games in 2001, 1 game in 2002, and became a regular in 2003 as a 24yo.

Witts played 40 games at Pies from 2013-2016… established himself as a quality ruckman at the Suns when 24y and 6m in 2017.

Reilly O’Brien played 2 games in 2016. Didn’t play again until 2019 when 23y and 9m.

The list goes on …

Ryan is as tall as any of them and is only 23y and 4m, so there’s absolutely no reason to think he’s a bust just because he has been in the system for 4-years.

He’s shown capacity to get plenty of the ball, take contested marks, kick goals and monster VFL opponents in the ruck.

Early in 2023 he showed excellent signs in the ruck with small stints forward, so I’m super confident he’ll be a terrific ruckman for us as early as 2025 when he has just turned 24yo.

Great post.

The list goes on …

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Band 1 FA deal for Graham so you guys get a top 5 pick then we trade our F4 to you for Baker and pay him the base wage. Jack and Liam then go halves in Jack’s wage. Everyone wins.
We're not North, GC or Geelong so the AFL won't let that kind of thing happen

Reports at the time we were only two clubs keen but gws appeared favs the whole way

That makes sense they’d be favourites, as at end of 2020 Richmond had Jack and Lynch still in the team. Not sure Hogan would’ve been keen to play third fiddle, when at that time GWS had Jezza and Finlayson, neither of whom are traditional big bodied KPF.

If I was Hogan’s manager no way I’d have been recommending he go to Richmond and likely sit in the VFL for 2-3 years.

Happy to have Baker with us on another deal, equally accept if he goes home I think I'd be comfortable with a top 15 pick to add to our rebuild.

I really do think we need a big injection of young talent and having multiple picks inside the top 30 again is a good way to add to a reasonable young core.
I think I've changed my opinion on cutting experience after reading about the impact Luke Hodge had on the culture and professionalism of the young Brisbane players when he first arrived vs the current situation at North

I no longer think we should be cutting deep and bringing in as many picks as possible. I want to keep blokes like Baker and Rioli, as they are the leaders of our footy club on and off the field and will set standards for the kids and keep our culture strong.

We should however definitely be cutting older players who are on the fringe. Blokes like McIntosh, Pickett, Graham and Grimes should all move on.

The list goes on …

I think the club believes so as well if he's about to sign an extention as reported

I think I've changed my opinion on cutting experience after reading about the impact Luke Hodge had on the culture and professionalism of the young Brisbane players when he first arrived vs the current situation at North

I no longer think we should be cutting deep and bringing in as many picks as possible. I want to keep blokes like Baker and Rioli, as they are the leaders of our footy club on and off the field and will set standards for the kids and keep our culture strong.

We should however definitely be cutting older players who are on the fringe. Blokes like McIntosh, Pickett, Graham and Grimes should all move on.
If anyone wants to know why we shouldn't gut our list like Norf/Hawks did, just watch one of their games. & check the ladder. They are where they are a reason & aren't digging their way out just yet.

If anyone wants to know why we shouldn't gut our list like Norf/Hawks did, just watch one of their games. & check the ladder. They are where they are a reason & aren't digging their way out just yet.
I think there’s a balance somewhere. You need to look at how to refresh without destroying the leadership and fabric of your club. Both those two went too far and here we are. North might not make the 8 ever again. I’ve wanted to trade Barrass and B Williams whilst they are worth something provided we have a replacement plan but would be dead against trading McGovern, Yeo, Oscar.

You guys have a number of valuable players in the 25+ bracket, just a matter of striking the balance. Nice position to be in and going to be a pretty full on draft/trade period.

Zuhaar would be a huge threat alongside Balta and Lynch. I think we should be in his ear, especially if Dusty is planning on leaving or retiring.

Not you too Tiger Tough. Okay, I am very much in the minority so what am I missing here? He is a VERY ordinary player (and that is being kind). Not quick, not skilled, not the best decision maker..........yet a lot of people seem to want this bloke. Classic example of a player who only plays well against us and does sweet FA for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back