List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are clearly chasing a quality key defender and are willing to offer up life changing money

They should be coming for Balta, in a s**t side, playing forward, right to time to come for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
reckon they will next year in 2025 when is a RFA, hopefully he re-signs soon so there isn't year long speculation about his future, but if he was to go maybe we could get a band 1 comp pick

Because he's been BOG 3 weeks in a row in their magoos yet they're not playing him the seniors obviously because their younger mids are doing so well now. I think they're sending him a message that's he's in their best 22 anymore.

View attachment 1989309
Giving me Hogg -> Fitzroy, Doug Hawkins -> Fitzroy and Mick McGuane -> Carlton vibes.

reckon they will next year in 2025 when is a RFA, hopefully he re-signs soon so there isn't year long speculation about his future, but if he was to go maybe we could get a band 1 comp pick
Can see Balta being like Baker this year and Martin in 2017 and it being dragged out until late in the year, so that he knows exactly where the club is at and what the chances are of him tasting more success with us.

Questioning the recruitment of players isn't as simple as looking at who went before who. You need to take into account list needs as well as injuries that may have cruelled a players career once drafted.
I completely agree with you. McCartin was seen as the number 1 tall forward who was also a unit. They had Riewoldt about to retire and needed a tall to take over that spot. Essentially they were where we are now with Lynch but they also had a few more years and Josh Bruce. Just looked at their list and it is real easy to see why they picked McCartin over Petracca.

Then look at their list again in 2017 and they had a 25 y.o Jake Carlisle and Dylan Roberton who they would of thought would anchor their backline and they brought in Nathan brown as experienced depth. Naughton was seen as the best Key back of that draft and they had a lot of long term talent.

We've spent two years talking about how older players have been in the way of youngsters from getting game time, yet I see debates over whether we should be picking up Luke Parker (not knocking the talents of the man)?

fmd

Saints are clearly chasing a quality key defender and are willing to offer up life changing money

They should be coming for Balta, in a s**t side, playing forward, right to time to come for him

He’s FA next year and I’m tipping he ll attract a ton of interest, I’m hoping we re sign him, at worst it would 100% be r1 compo . We wouldnt trade him this year , there’s plenty we’d consider before him

Can see Balta being like Baker this year and Martin in 2017 and it being dragged out until late in the year, so that he knows exactly where the club is at and what the chances are of him tasting more success with us.
We’d certainly be in a position to offer at worst market rate , likely a very lucrative long term deal , we ll see

When Luke Parker’s in palliative care in 50 years time, this board will still be crossing their fingers that he’ll come to Richmond just before he flatlines

Luke Parker? 😂

Chesser for Baker 😂

Oh BigFooty, never change.

I know that I was referring to both of them staying on the park at the same time which has rarely happened due to hopper's constant injuries.
These guys cost us $750k each a year. To get anyone as good now we would be paying $1M. We will look back on these guys and see them as bargains. The only negative was that GWS needed to move them out and probably we could have saved our future first if we had played hard ball.

Dusty money off the books this year.

Lynch money off the books next year.

No club will have more salary cap money than us in 2025 - if Balta wants his payday, he'll be getting it at Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the rumour true that Clinton King is coming out of retirement to help our midfield?

Is the rumour true that Clinton King is coming out of retirement to help our midfield?
Call that BS He is coming back for the forward line as like for like replacement for JR These rumors remind me of the dog being accused of chasing people on a bike! The poor dog doesn't even have one.

Luke Parker? 😂

Chesser for Baker 😂

Oh BigFooty, never change.
To be honest if Baker chooses WCE and they won't give up a R1 pick, I'd be happy to get Chesser as part of a package.

To be honest if Baker chooses WCE and they won't give up a R1 pick, I'd be happy to get Chesser as part of a package.

They will need to find a first they are willing to give up for Baker. End of. Split their current first or whatever. But I want more than a first too. Lachie Schulz is the minimum we get. First this year and a second next year is my preference. We might throw a late pick back at them.

WCE: Liam Baker and a fourth round pick

Richmond: First Round Pick, Second Round Pick next year and Fifth Round Pick next year.

Get a second for Jack Graham free agency.

We have a very good draft hand to build for the next two years as we can move up this year and bank some trades to move picks to next year.

We are in a good position. Fremantle would be my preference for Baker but I too am hearing he wants WCE even though Fremantle have already declared their hand for him with an offer.

They will need to find a first they are willing to give up for Baker. End of. Split their current first or whatever. But I want more than a first too. Lachie Schulz is the minimum we get. First this year and a second next year is my preference. We might throw a late pick back at them.

WCE: Liam Baker and a fourth round pick

Richmond: First Round Pick, Second Round Pick next year and Fifth Round Pick next year.

Get a second for Jack Graham free agency.

We have a very good draft hand to build for the next two years as we can move up this year and bank some trades to move picks to next year.

We are in a good position. Fremantle would be my preference for Baker but I too am hearing he wants WCE even though Fremantle have already declared their hand for him with an offer.
My preference is for a first round pick as well, don't care which club he goes to. I have liked Chesser since his draft year and he would be yet another 2021 kid that we could add to the list and he would be able to step in from the start of 2025.

I wouldn't be going out of my way to get him, but if they offered him and a R1 for Baker and a later pick from us I'd be fine with that.

WA media are already talking up walking Baker to the preseason draft.

Clubs generally don’t do that, and pretty sure it won’t happen, but you never know if it goes down to the wire during trade period.

Bloody dangerous thing to start doing to a Victorian club lurking near the bottom of the ladder with loads of cap space when you have half your list full of ex-Victorians.

In fact if we finish the season below them both on the ladder, it is basically impossible for them to do given our cap position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back