List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone enlighten me, why are Baker and Rioli somehow going to be leaving or is it just the nellies as usual jumping at shadows.
Baker rumours all year that he could be going back to WA since he recently bought a house there. Rioli with the Dimma connection on the Gold Coast I guess? Don't know if there's anything more than that.

The clubs in the changeover period with all the premiership players finishing up, Dimma gone, Benny Gale gone so these guys probably don't have quite the same bond to the club as they did few years ago. Its a definitely a time where players will be more willing to leave if the right offer comes along.

Baker rumours all year that he could be going back to WA since he recently bought a house there. Rioli with the Dimma connection on the Gold Coast I guess? Don't know if there's anything more than that.

The clubs in the changeover period with all the premiership players finishing up, Dimma gone, Benny Gale gone so these guys probably don't have quite the same bond to the club as they did few years ago. Its a definitely a time where players will be more willing to leave if the right offer comes along.
So nothing substantial then. I was in Brisbane last weekend visiting a mate so in tiger bigfooty world does that mean i'm moving up there in the summer to become a lions or suns supporter. Is that how the thinking is on here in regards to players.

So nothing substantial then. I was in Brisbane last weekend visiting a mate so in tiger bigfooty world does that mean i'm moving up there in the summer to become a lions or suns supporter. Is that how the thinking is on here in regards to players.
Asking for a friend...are you going to be holding a garage sale?!?

Blokes bought a house over there. That’s as good a sign as any
He already had another house there. Makes sense to go into the property market that's where most rich people make money. On the other hand, the money he would get by moving will net him another house. As has nothing left to prove he would be silly not to go back home and fill his pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the unlikely event Warner returns to WA does that increase or decrease the chances of Baker staying?

Warner's out of contract 2025. Probably in a potential dynasty team. Bakers out of contract this year. Completely unrelated. WCE are gonna have a war chest unlike any other seen before soon. Plus they've got mining companies supporting them. Easy to lure players for unders whilst gifting cushy jobs to family/friends/gf.

It's 44 total listed players, they changed it a few years back during Covid. Prior to that Cat B rookies were outside the list, but now they are part of it.

But there's a difference between having 6 open list spots, and 5 open list spots + 1 cat B list spot in terms of the number of draft picks you take into the draft, last time I checked.

But there's a difference between having 6 open list spots, and 5 open list spots + 1 cat B list spot in terms of the number of draft picks you take into the draft, last time I checked.
Club lists are made up of 36-38 senior listed and 6-8 rookies. The rookies can include up to 3 Cat B rookies IIRC. If we were to delist either/both Colina or Hayes-Brown we would get those spots open to take 2 more rookies, they don't have to be Cat B replacements.

Don't know if this is up to date, but Cat B rookies are separate to Cat A/regular rookies

Interesting to see we want to trade picks 4 years in advance, it would help rebuilding sides to take 4 x first round picks in 2 years as oppossed to 4 years, and have the group of young players develop together

You TRAITOR!

Most other drafts that would be good but this draft (so far) no clear cut game changing stars it’s a better bet to keep the two 1st rounders instead of trading up.
We're getting 2 top 5's instead of 2 top 10's.
Admittedly we're losing out with the Baker part of it but 2 top 5's I like.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back