Trade Radio 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The World's Greatest List Manager: I think Steele is worth a backended 2nd Rounder. I base that on that's where he was drafted and he's not getting a game.

He then comes back to it and says: Actually Steele was a front end 2nd Round Pick at 24.

Yet he still hasn't done his homework in that Steele was actually bid on in the 1st Rd at #17 by North.

That was his rating. Back end 1st Round.

Nice work by the World's Greatest.
Is world's greatest Wallace? outoftheloop

Fair enough.

To use Geelong as an example they know they don't have picks or players to trade so why go after Delidio who would be asking for a lot.
Agree

Apparently Geelong wants to get rid Motlop to gain trade currency, no one wants Motlop, though Richmond want Caddy instead to replace Deledio.

So Geelong what do you do?

Agree

Apparently Geelong wants to get rid Motlop to gain trade currency, no one wants Motlop, though Richmond want Caddy instead to replace Deledio.

So Geelong what do you do?
Geelong are paying the penalty for having to trade for a free agent in Dangerfield last year. They have no picks and have to give up more to get something back.

Geelong are paying the penalty for having to trade for a free agent in Dangerfield last year. They have no picks and have to give up more to get something back.
Agree but meh

No sympathy from me that they have a weak hand currently. They stocked up for a flag last year, failed and are trying to do it again this year

Can only see Tuohy happening to be honest unless Geelong fold and trade out something someone of value that someone else would want, like this Caddy/Deledio scenario.

Agree but meh

No sympathy from me that they have a weak hand currently. They stocked up for a flag last year, failed and are trying to do it again this year

Can only see Tuohy happening to be honest unless Geelong fold and trade out something someone of value that someone else would want, like this Caddy/Deledio scenario.
Free agency has its failings.

Can't knock a team for having a crack at the flag through the trade period.

I think the cats are heading to the cliff with their strategy, trade a 24 year old for a 29 year old.

Agree but meh

They are trying to offload Motlop but no one is interested, apparantly is on 600k per year and came back last year overweight. plus he plays selfish.

If they trade out Caddy for Deledio then they are going full tilt for a flag next year or the year after, then it's time to rebuild

They are trying to offload Motlop but no one is interested, apparantly is on 600k per year and came back last year overweight. plus he plays selfish.

If they trade out Caddy for Deledio then they are going full tilt for a flag next year or the year after, then it's time to rebuild
Hypothetically, this is the last year that they can load up for a flag though as they will need to take 2 1st rounders at the draft come 2017-18

If they trade a first next year or year after they will have to trade a player/multiple picks to get in a first from somewhere else.

I wonder if Damo ever figures out why Terry isn't a real List Manager at a club, instead of an 'expert' on trade radio.
i thought he was called that in the same way someone with red hair is called Bluey.
its jovial but at it's core, its actually quite harsh

Fair enough.

To use Geelong as an example they know they don't have picks or players to trade so why go after Delidio who would be asking for a lot.
worked for them last year
Lined up Hendo and Danger
Gave 2017 1st for Hendo.
Left Adelaide very little to work with for Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deledio contacted Geelong, not the other way around.

I've got the feeling Geelong were prepared to sit this year out after their busy period last year, but when you have 2 players contact you expressing their interest in joining, it's hard to not look for a possible trade.

Touhey didn't just approach Geelong out of the blue, and I highly doubt that Deledio did either despite how they sell it

Quick question....is this the best thread on the forums for rolling trade banter/chat/rumour......or is there a better one?
It's one of those rare threads where all clubs posters put aside their differences for the greater good of hanging s**t on Terry and Damo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back