Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

- Spoke with Daniel Cross regarding those not involved in full training. Most are tracking well. There is some concern that Tarryn’s groin issues haven’t improved but he’ll continue to be managed. Comben trained well but having “good days and bad days”. Brayden George and Zurhaar look lean. McDonald, Greenwood and a few others didn’t train.

- Confirmed coaching structure as I was previously unsure:

Midfield: Leigh Adams
Forwards: Xavier Clarke
Defence: Jed Adcock
Head of Dev: Michael Barlow
Midfield Dev: Adam Marcon
Forward Dev/VFL: Tom Lynch
Def Dev: Jarrod Leinart

- New draftees: Mckercher headed many of the running drills he was involved in. Agile, good skills, round 1 lock. Goad is a big boy. Fell behind in some of the running but think he should aim to play this year. Didnt catch much of Duursma’s work, but I was underwhelmed by his height and size. Hardeman loves hit. Runs 15m kick 55m. Nice kick. Dawson raw, Maley even rawer. All draftees participated in roughly half of training.

- Davies-Uniacke returned in career best nick and the club is stoked. Stephens look an astute get with his outside run and ball use and this stood out in game sim drills. Will be a huge asset for Larkey. Disappointed in how Fisher has returned. Work to be done. Sheezel among the elite runners at the club now and led most of the running with Stephens and Simpkin. It will be hard to usurp Simpkin as an on baller this year. Incredible gut runner and those looking to take his place don’t quite have the fitness base yet. Was also impressed by Stephensons efforts in training, as was Clarko. Spoke with Wardlaw who mentioned his hamstrings are feeling stronger and stronger. Completed 90% of the sessions. Barlow was working one on one with him. Phillips tapped out..

- Drills focused mainly on transitioning the ball, both via hand and foot in between big blocks of running.

- No idea where positions will land with key defence. Corr the most vocal on the track and will lead the backline. Nothing stood out with Dawson, Nyoun, Pink.

- All in all our leaders and best players have set a strong example to start the preseason in the way they’ve presented and trained. Need to bring a few along with them.
What does 'tapped out' mean re Wil Phil??

Are there real concerns around Comben's recovery from that ankle injury? This is the second time I have heard he is having ongoing issues, I worry that he may struggle to get back
I’ve had the exact same injury, the broken leg + syndesmosis, it’s actually ****ed. I got it done at orthosport at the Epworth by Andrew Oppy, and the rehabilitation through a really good physio whom works in the AFL and my leg and ankle will never be the same. Constantly in pain, range of motion really lacking and plenty of soft tissues injuries through my calf since due to the way my foot can’t dorsiflex.

I know he’s the whipping boy, but how has Lmac returned? Does he look any different? Running capacity still bout the same?

403746150_7463951860286282_8597015514845088533_n.jpg
Can't believe Duursma is 190 when looking at this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giantroo do you know who the non listed players are training with us?

Downie and Sellers I recognise and I didn't notice Davis there, but there was somebody out there I didn't recognise. Looked quite a mature body....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
To answer my own question....it was Deakyn Smith from Casey ....signed for VFL it seems.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I think we have recruited lots of additional HBF options. Perhaps not of the same quality as Harry, but it's all about swings and roundabouts and where we get the most bang for buck. Hardeman could get early game time and just like Harry did, McKercher could start on the HBF. Stephens can play there and perhaps Fisher as well. I think we'll be okay.
I agree. I feel like RH will feature quite early and may look like the pick of the first three for 2024 before CM overtakes him.

LDU is looking like a monster. Expecting huge things from him in ‘24.

I agree. I feel like RH will feature quite early and may look like the pick of the first three for 2024 before CM overtakes him.

LDU is looking like a monster. Expecting huge things from him in ‘24.
He's paying $41 for the brownlow. He's being slept on, a bit. I reckon a fit LDU is top 5 in the competition.

We definitely didn't fall for any "man child" types. Hardeman looking the most physically developed for his position. I don't see why he doesn't play a lot of footy, he has very poor competition between Fisher, Bergman, Goater and McDonald for that second HB spot opposite Sheezel.

Other than it sounds pretty likely sheez will return fwd this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back