Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU had no right to hit that kick so perfectly at the 1min mark. Under pressure and threads the needle. Composure and execution is top shelf
Sorry to burst your bubble but the kick was meant for Zurhaar, didn’t get to him and lucky Turner plucked it.

sorry to post late in the thread but who has been kicking our goals in the praccy matches?

if ziebell is hb and stephenson playing mid, it leaves zurharr and larkey as our only known goal kickers

I wasn’t there today, but Stephenson, Thomas, Turner, Jed, Cunners, Taylor , Xerri have all been hitting the scoreboard.

It’s the unknowns that are going to take us forward. The knowns have taken us on a road to nowhere the last 4 years.

I was very impressed with Lazarro.

Its only his first year, but he does the things you want your midfielders to do.

He is always running to contests and to create an option.

And if he gets ignored, he doesnt put his hands on his hips.

He runs to the next contest, to create another option again.

And his disposal for a first year was good and effective - handball and kicking.

He was smart with his use of the ball.

In a couple of preseasons, when he builds an AFL body and has better endurance and gets used to AFL, he could be very good.

IMO, at the moment he is ahead of Will P and Tom Powell for a debut.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the kick was meant for Zurhaar, didn’t get to him and lucky Turner plucked it.
If he'd hit it to Zurhaar the kick would have been spoiled tho. He kicks it under the chasing player.

Sometimes its just the team's collective unconscious that makes that stuff happen.

There’s some great stuff in that clip, and now I dont want to nic-pick, but what the * is Lukey Mac doing getting done holding the ball to the young kids? Hope it’s just “fatherly” encouragements!

And now, I DO WANT TO NIC-PICK, did I just see Turner do the JYD pat the imaginary dog, to say you’re slowing the play down. FxUxCxK that off NOW!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the reports guys. Got my ankle checked out and it ended up being broken. Just got back from St Vincents Emg. What it does mean is I’ll have plenty of time for training reports providing I get the times correct this time and not get there 3 hours early

Oh god damn, wishing for a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unpopular opinion: I think Tom Campbell will be in our round 1 line up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.co

Wouldn't be that unpopular of an opinion tbh (especially if Xerri is suffering from something). Seem to be running 2 rucks in some intraclub matches, and Noble has mentioned both running 2 rucks and how he thinks Goldy is a good forward.

Personally I'd be expecting just to go with Goldy and to have a fleet of medium forwards, but the other possibility is certainly foreseeable.

He looked good in the highlights package from the intra-club. I know most expect him to be let go at the end of the year when his contract is up. I'm not so sure.

He looked good in the highlights package from the intra-club. I know most expect him to be let go at the end of the year when his contract is up. I'm not so sure.

We’ve seen this before... some players are great until you put opposition around them. Tom is one of them.

A terrific ‘driving range’ player.

We’ve seen this before... some players are great until you put opposition around them. Tom is one of them.

If he can go forward, take a grab, and use that big one wood to bomb some goals, then he's a worthy inclusion.

Ultimately, Tom must give us something on a consistent basis that is more than just a relief ruckman.

I'd be playing Xerri ahead of him, but if he gets the nod then best of luck to him. It's not as if he hasn't put in the hard work and application, and ruck is a position which produces very late bloomers. He needs to play with more campaigner, because Xerri certainly has that.

He's like big Grade 6 who's balls have already dropped playing another primary school

He looks good at a lower intensity with nothing on the line.

Yet in an under 14 state rep game, wow he looks slow and easily outclassed.

He's a great clubman and a break glass in case of trouble option.

But if he's playing, we're in trouble and our season has gone to s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back