Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Mostly continuing the joke (if making it a little more low-brow than our esteemed moderator KC), but semi-seriously; If he was HUGE, it could be Mason's Brother and ex-Freo forward who got delisted a couple of months back. He's originally from Tassie, is 6-5 tall & does look a bit like Skinner:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Dixon

View attachment 1056315

Yes that Dixon I have heard of but don't know much about...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was there for the first half today.
It was a pretty serious hit-out... the boys were going in hard!
From what I seen:
Cunners was looking really good before getting KO’d
Jed was everywhere. LDU & Jy are smooth AF & look primed for a big year.
Silver was getting used a lot coming out of defence & is a beautiful kick of the footy.
Ziebs looks ok down back. Took a couple intercept grabs.
Hall was good for the Blue team, takes it on, but made some errors.
Stepho was lively around the ground & had some chances up forward. Beautiful set shot for goal.
Phillips got a fair bit of it when he started in the middle. Looked a bit lost when he wasn’t playing around the ball.
Ford has a real crack.. doesn’t mind flying for a mark.
Powell was working his way into it.
Spicer is very lively - he just zips around the ground.
Scott was very impressive. Had a heap of it & just gets to good spots to receive.
Shame I couldn’t stick around for the second half.
Looking forward to reports from other who were there.

I was there for the first half today.
It was a pretty serious hit-out... the boys were going in hard!
From what I seen:
Cunners was looking really good before getting KO’d
Jed was everywhere. LDU & Jy are smooth AF & look primed for a big year.
Silver was getting used a lot coming out of defence & is a beautiful kick of the footy.
Ziebs looks ok down back. Took a couple intercept grabs.
Hall was good for the Blue team, takes it on, but made some errors.
Stepho was lively around the ground & had some chances up forward. Beautiful set shot for goal.
Phillips got a fair bit of it when he started in the middle. Looked a bit lost when he wasn’t playing around the ball.
Ford has a real crack.. doesn’t mind flying for a mark.
Powell was working his way into it.
Spicer is very lively - he just zips around the ground.
Scott was very impressive. Had a heap of it & just gets to good spots to receive.
Shame I couldn’t stick around for the second half.
Looking forward to reports from other who were there.

To be honest you saw the best. It petered out a bit after half time. The last quarter was just going through the motions a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell gave Goldy an absolute bath in the ruck. Goldy had him everywhere else but couldn’t match it with Campbell in the ruck. Campbell is the perfect opponent for Goldy to train against.

This is surprising!

This is surprising!

Is it? Last year it looked like a lot of the time Goldy would jump low and late at the ball so that he could keep the other ruck off it then be in a position to get involved once the ball was on the deck. He also seems to have prioritised running ability over size.

Is it? Last year it looked like a lot of the time Goldy would jump low and late at the ball so that he could keep the other ruck off it then be in a position to get involved once the ball was on the deck. He also seems to have prioritised running ability over size.

It depends how you see it, obviously in the way you describe it, no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back