Travis Cloke Contract Discussion Megathread + Trav on TFS tonight - 28/6/12

Remove this Banner Ad

They're talking on SEN about a rumour that Carlton are going to make a big play for Cloke, though they say it's only a whisper going around and they are not aware of any real evidence to back it up.
Like Carlton has that kind of money to play with :rolleyes: They would have 2 Million dollar players on their list then :eek: Actually that would be enough to see them choke on their own phlegm :p

plus $20,000 for tonight.

I can tell you Cloke could have signed for $200k more and gone elsewhere.
Blessed, didn't you actually tell us he would sign elsewhere on a 7 year deal.

Not having a go, but do you want to clarify what you said and maybe apologise.

I apologise if i have got it wrong as i don't know how to search for old posts.

Like Carlton has that kind of money to play with :rolleyes: They would have 2 Million dollar players on their list then :eek: Actually that would be enough to see them choke on their own phlegm :p
Yeah but their current one is earning 900k of that "off the books" :D
Actually, they'd try and get away with it for Cloke too I'd reckon.

Read my previous posts. I always said Cloke would stay with the Beaks. It aint hard to see. Cameron Wood and him are closer than any two blokes I have ever seen.

$200 more is nothing. After tax that's $100k. Not worth a change.
That's right, is the chance to pass up further success worth an extra $100k and all the flack of leaving? I don't think so.
If it was an extra $500k then you have a serious issue to decide on. Personally the club shouldn't budge one cent as no other decent club will pay the money and he's not worth it. Imaging if he went to another club, we would get a first round pick and have a lot more room in our cap, so it's a win/win for the club. The only way they would lose is if they paid too much for him.

Hmmm.......

Quote:
cameron cloke‏@cameroncloke

the media should get there story right if there going to say something, again got it wrong like always

Hmmm.......

Quote:
cameron cloke‏@cameroncloke

the media should get there story right if there going to say something, again got it wrong like always

Did he seriously get it wrong twice? I don't use twitter.
I guess we'll all know in a couple of hours whether the original rumours are true and they're simply protecting the TFS 'exclusive' payment, or whether Schwarzs source was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph Carr
@RalphCarrRCM
contrary to all reports, Travis Cloke has not signed off on a deal…but hopefully it's getting closer...
29 minutes ago via web

No point focussing on which side is telling the truth really, as both are playing 100% to the script. One side hears a rumour and reports it as fact, the other goes straight to their contingency plan of saying it's all lies. It would be nice if the football world was less cliche.

clever by the club... Eddie and Pert using their Channel nine connections to get a ~$20k windfall to Travis for appearing on TFS to break the news. That's £20k off the our salary cap & no doubt 1 of a few little 'bonuses' that the Collingwood big boys would have tabled to bridge the gap...

..but having a Collingwood player on last week, and again this week - it's good for football right? Mind you, the show comes on at midnight up here o_O

From their FB page

Tonight on The Footy Show: Geelong's Stevie J on the panel and the Pies' Travis Cloke goes one-on-one with Gaz on his footy future. Plus, the first installment of The Footy Show Games.

Can't stand Steve Johnson so will only be watching for when Cloke's on.

Ignorance can happen to the best of us. Who is Ralph Carr?

Travis Cloke's manager. Real manager.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...ll-stay-a-magpie/story-e6frf9jf-1226397471731

468621-ralph-carr.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back