Triple J Hottest 100 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Good there's a variety of opinions....

betfair might get more action.

I've predicted wiggles take it out from the get go. I see plenty in common with stay and dance monkey... more than B.O.P. and Wiggles. Stay ticks lots of box's but it's just a little too pop that it misses the top spot.

Reading too much into WT. Bulls on Parade finished 100 votes in front and where’d that end up, 5th?
Wiggles LAV appeals to a lot more listeners than denzel curry bulls on parade did.

Remember 56% h100 voters are female.

BOP would’ve appealed predominantly to male voters.

I predict wiggles will be the most successful LAV ever, I.e won’t drop to 5th.

I won’t say much on here this year but $8 is overs.

Last edited:
SB have added some more markets, most of them worthless. Some potential in the Artist to Have A Song In The 100 though, with Megan Thee Stallion (Thot s**t) at $3 and Post Malone (Motley Crew) at 3.75. I wouldn’t see either guarantees but both are fair chance, especially Thot s**t.

Been a while guys since someone has posted in here. I think the value is decreasing for some songs but there are still good odds on Sportsbet for Good 4 U and Happier Than Ever.

I think Warm Tunas underrates and doesn’t capture the younger female audience every year, with Billie Eilish well over performing his count in the last three years. Olivia Rodrigo falls under the same category, both have significant value at $6 and $13.

Expect to see a massive wave of votes coming in for these two artists in the coming weeks, as the casual voters get their votes in late which causes people to generally trend towards more pop or well known artists / songs.

Been a while guys since someone has posted in here. I think the value is decreasing for some songs but there are still good odds on Sportsbet for Good 4 U and Happier Than Ever.

I think Warm Tunas underrates and doesn’t capture the younger female audience every year, with Billie Eilish well over performing his count in the last three years. Olivia Rodrigo falls under the same category, both have significant value at $6 and $13.

Expect to see a massive wave of votes coming in for these two artists in the coming weeks, as the casual voters get their votes in late which causes people to generally trend towards more pop or well known artists / songs.

Yeah I was tempted to hop on Happier Than Ever at $10, but will definitely now if it’s up to $13. The year that Bad Guy won, she had 8 songs in the 200, and still managed to avoid vote splitting and still win. This year the vast majority of votes will be coming in for Happier Than Ever since two of the other big singles were released last year.

Also, I don’t really have anything to back it up, but it feels like WT will well and truly have it’s smallest vote count so far of any year other than maybe the Decade 100. I check every few days and even the top end songs like GOY and Wiggles receive a very minimal amount of votes compared to when last checked.

Had a look through the 'song to make Hottest 100' market. Limit of $50.00.

Cardi B at $1.83 I think is pretty good value. Up is 140 on Warm Tunas and Up has all the indicators of a song that's going to outperform Tunas.

Dope Lemon at $1.05 is basically a free $2.50 as well if you can be bothered. Already 39 on Warm Tunas, and he's historically well and truly outperformed Tunas so it probably finishes even higher.

Had a look through the 'song to make Hottest 100' market. Limit of $50.00.

Cardi B at $1.83 I think is pretty good value. Up is 140 on Warm Tunas and Up has all the indicators of a song that's going to outperform Tunas.

Dope Lemon at $1.05 is basically a free $2.50 as well if you can be bothered. Already 39 on Warm Tunas, and he's historically well and truly outperformed Tunas so it probably finishes even higher.
I had a go at Tones and I in this market at $1.57, Cloudy Day is currently 133 on WT and again is a usual artist that outperforms their WT prediction significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a go at Tones and I in this market at $1.57, Cloudy Day is currently 133 on WT and again is a usual artist that outperforms their WT prediction significantly.
I'm limited to maximum bets of $5 on these markets...but The Weeknd at $1.40 looks pretty sound (to make the 100).
Lizzo looks solid too, although you won't get rich at $1.22

Only 13,000 votes counted by WT so far, minuscule amount compared previous year, with only a week of voting and 2 before the countdown. Its almost irrelevant now really, it’s such a small sample size. From a betting perspective it’s both exciting and a bit nerve wracking. I‘m still fairly confident on Good 4 U, but theres another 4 or 5 potential winners.

There’s about 160 votes separating the top 10, in 2018 there was about 300 separating Sicko Mode From its WT prediction (11th) and its actual finishing position (3rd), shows how open it currently is.

Couple of new markets on SB, Double Chance and Top 3. Some potential in both, Good 4 U at 2.10 for Top 3 and Happier Than Ever 2.40 (Triple J have been smashing this recently it feels like). Pretty tempted to hop on Drivers Licence at 26.

Couple of new markets on SB, Double Chance and Top 3. Some potential in both, Good 4 U at 2.10 for Top 3 and Happier Than Ever 2.40 (Triple J have been smashing this recently it feels like). Pretty tempted to hop on Drivers Licence at 26.

pretty wild how something a lot of people were talking up as unbeatable earlier in the year is now $76 to win

Could do worse than have a nibble at GOY artist with most songs in 100 at $17.

I think they have 4 tracks with a fighter’s chance of making it, which is the same as Rodrigo paying $1.80

Top 3 betting is now available with a few providers.

Stay by The Kid Laroi, paying $2 to win the thing, is $1.50 to finish top 3.
Note that last year he had two songs in the top 100 (So Done at 37 and Go at 60). The Tuna didn't have either of those songs in his 100).

An indigenous kid from Sydney and 400m + views on YouTube

Not a song I like, but $1.50 for top three looks a safe bet to me

Last edited:
Kiss Me More seems decent value at the $4.33 for Top 3 imo. Gathering some serious steam on tunas & weve known for ages its a top 10 lock, its very popular

Could do worse than have a nibble at GOY artist with most songs in 100 at $17.

I think they have 4 tracks with a fighter’s chance of making it, which is the same as Rodrigo paying $1.80
They'd have to well and truly outperform Warm Tunas for that, unison only just sneaks into the 200 (which is an outrage if you ask me, that's probably my favourite song they've ever done, but that's another story).

They'd have to well and truly outperform Warm Tunas for that, unison only just sneaks into the 200 (which is an outrage if you ask me, that's probably my favourite song they've ever done, but that's another story).

The WT sample size is tiny this year, I'm placing very little credence in it, which is also why I'm not really betting at all this year. Kudos to those who have the time to put in to get the edge.

That suggestion I made is the first punt I've placed all count (they let me on for $15.50).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back