Trying to keep a lid on it!

Remove this Banner Ad

My AFL mate at work informed me this morning that he recognised the feel of the Lions team this year - it was the same feeling he had from them in 2001 (a year he remembers well as a mad Essendon supporter who goes to most of the Lions games at the Gabba) and is now convinced that we are going to win the flag this year.

While I can't say I would object to such an outcome (even better if it was a win in the final v our dear magpie friends :rolleyes:) I must admit to being far more in the one game at a time camp while allowing a happy feeling of greater optimism than last year to drift around my expections for the year in general.

I especially enjoyed being able to watch the fourth quarter vs Sydney without that are-we-going-to-blow-another-one feeling!

Evil thought - if we somehow *did* manage to pull off a grannie this year - wouldn't it be fun to see the activity on those Voss-can't-coach threads :D
It would I would love it.That would shut them up!But a Flag is way beyond my expectations lets ame to win each game as it comes and hopefully we make finals than next year go a step further in the finals so than we hopefully win another flag.If Voss does win a premiership or 2 as coach and 3 as a player he would have to be the greatest of all time wouldn't he?What a gun!

If Voss does win a premiership or 2 as coach and 3 as a player he would have to be the greatest of all time wouldn't he?

No... Lethal has 4 flags as a player, and 4 as a coach.

Norm Smith had 4 as a player, 6 as a coach.

has any coach won a flag in their first year coaching ??

In recent history I think that Eade took the Swans to the Grand Final in his first year*

*It is 11:26pm, I just got home and I went to the pub at 6pm and drank solidly through the Porto vs Manchester United game though, so this may not be reliable.

Been trying to stick to the one game at a time philosophy. Having only started properly following Lions and AFL in general back in the middle of 06 I have become used to having hopes dashed.

My wish for this season is to see some Lions action in September.

In recent history I think that Eade took the Swans to the Grand Final in his first year*

*It is 11:26pm, I just got home and I went to the pub at 6pm and drank solidly through the Porto vs Manchester United game though, so this may not be reliable.
Will you remember who was playing so I guess that is a good thing:thumbsu:Haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A thread does not influence a performance. Footy is about passion, getting ahead of yourself and dreaming of what might be. Unfortunately footy dishes out plenty of reality checks!::eek:

A thread does not influence a performance. Footy is about passion, getting ahead of yourself and dreaming of what might be. Unfortunately footy dishes out plenty of reality checks!::eek:

Look at the bright side. You only had trouble keeping "a lid on it". I am stuffed if I can imagine what it was like for some that had us flag favourites last week.

Look at the bright side. You only had trouble keeping "a lid on it". I am stuffed if I can imagine what it was like for some that had us flag favourites last week.

Shows they haven't been following us for long. :D

Some painfully stupid comments in this clearly premature thread.

We have two bogey teams next in Essendon and Richmond, followed by Adelaide and St Kilda.

It will be a shock if we are sitting better than 2-7 or 3-6.

Far too many passengers in this team before we are even considered a finals threat.

Yup.

Anyone who had watched us consistently over the past four years would know that our form line is the most wobbly in the league. Beautiful one day, shithouse the next.

This thread baffled me from the get-go.

This was a thread created after we were teased with a great team performance. Personally i was hoping that our mid tier was going to fulfill their perceived potential. To the 2 tossers bagging the thread piss off and stop posting in it!

This was a thread created after we were teased with a great team performance. Personally i was hoping that our mid tier was going to fulfill their perceived potential. To the 2 tossers bagging the thread piss off and stop posting in it!

Don't be precious.

If we had beaten Collingwood and Geelong, you'd be bumping this thread spruiking yourself as a genius.

Now take your shellacking like a man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back