*CONFIRMED* Grand Final 2018 @ 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't helped by the fact that most of the time the actual Grand Final is a pretty bad match for neutrals. I mean how many good Grand Final games have actually occurred in the last 20 years (from a neutral perspective). I think majority of them would be pretty poor games overall.

The last 20 years have seen some of the best GFs in history! 2002, 2004-06, 08-12 and 2016 all brilliant for neutrals. Even 2003, 2007 & 2017 had the storyline aspect.

The 2:30pm shadows look awful as seen here in last year's match. A move to 5pm would be a massive improvement I think while still keeping it early enough for kids and families to enjoy. 1920px-2017_AFL_Grand_Final_panorama_during_national_anthem.jpg

just creeping on all of us.

do it gradually and none of us have reason to complain.
by that i mean 2.50 and then four o'clock and then five thirty and well too late and it just isn't good for the next morning.

They want more people to watch it, people who don't care about the game. Like me with NFL, no idea who played/won the last few suoerbowls but I know who performed at half time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So if theres more people who watch it at night, newbies and people who care about the game, compared to day time
Surely that gets the thumbs up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

it will happen whether we like it or not. it is a gradual winning of the ways overall.

twilight I can cop but total seven thirty is a little bit awesome.
gradually it will travel into overnight.

Richmond can make history by winning the last Day Grand Final, the first Twilight Grand Final, and then the first Night Grand Final next year.

I’m all for it.

With one of the interstate clubs (or Geelong) likely to be our opponents at the MCG, we’re a lock.

Nobody in the likely top 5 likes playing at the MCG except Richmond.

Melbourne could rain on our party in 2019 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2:30pm shadows look awful as seen here in last year's match. A move to 5pm would be a massive improvement I think while still keeping it early enough for kids and families to enjoy.View attachment 469960
Do you have an image of 5pm? Still plenty of shadows. Half the crowd looking directly into the sun. 5.30pm is better.

Do you have an image of 5pm? Still plenty of shadows. Half the crowd looking directly into the sun. 5.30pm is better.

Probably something like this at that time, I agree, 5:30pm start would be a massive improvement.
468f13d3e06bb48823781c61baf16db5.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No one is yet to tell me what is actually wrong with the day time slot. Tv ratings won’t change. Just look at the nrl
If they wouldn't change then the networks wouldnt want it changed.
The ratings will be bigger for twilight, even more for nights.

Fairly certain the night GFs have outrated the daytime GFs for the NRL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back