*CONFIRMED* Grand Final 2018 @ 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If they wouldn't change then the networks wouldnt want it changed.
The ratings will be bigger for twilight, even more for nights.

Fairly certain the night GFs have outrated the daytime GFs for the NRL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ah nope. The afl grand final has beaten the nrl grand final in the 5 metro cities for the last 5 year in a row and last years grand final won the overall ratings.

Ah nope. The afl grand final has beaten the nrl grand final in the 5 metro cities for the last 5 year in a row and last years grand final won the overall ratings.
He's talking day NRL v night NRL.

It isn't helped by the fact that most of the time the actual Grand Final is a pretty bad match for neutrals. I mean how many good Grand Final games have actually occurred in the last 20 years (from a neutral perspective). I think majority of them would be pretty poor games overall.
2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012 were all thrillers. 2001, 2008, 2011 and 2016 were captivating as well.

Not bad given four of the last five have been s**t spectacles.

They haven’t since they went back to the night time slot

47b4ff27878c27e0903e799bcce11638.gif

Is this what the pro-dayers are down to? Outright lies?
why is it outright lies? The nrl haven’t beaten the afl gf since they went back to the night time slot. Let me guess you in the pro twilight/night camp because the entertainment would be great and because the nfl has the super bowl at night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cant read can you....

Ive never said the night NRL has out rated the AFL.

What im saying is the night GF NRL outrates day GF NRL

Just like i think the night/twilight AFL GF will outrate the day AFL GF.

Clear now?

It comes down to unique viewers.
The same amount are watching, but it goes from a community type event where you’ll watch at a party/barbecue/pub, to watching it at home. The league prefers the latter, as it means people are more likely to be watching the commercials, which means they can charge a premium for that space

It comes down to unique viewers.
The same amount are watching, but it goes from a community type event where you’ll watch at a party/barbecue/pub, to watching it at home. The league prefers the latter, as it means people are more likely to be watching the commercials, which means they can charge a premium for that space
Theres no evidence of that. The only evidence so far that can be used is taken from the NRL and that is more people watch the night/twilight than the day

Any proof of it not being a community event at 5? I watched many a rugby league GF at night with a large group after having a bbq.

Just make it a night game already. The atmosphere would be sensational. Nothing better than seeing the G lit up like a cauldron against a dark sky.

Plus, the use of lighting, being able to turn off the lights and have a spot light for the the teams run out, and the use of fireworks would make it an ocular orgasm.

Make it happen Gil.

Heaven forbid the Grand Final be about the actual game rather than the lights or halftime show or the television coverage or longer time to get pissed beforehand or any of the other nonsense reasons for moving it.

Or, because more fans will watch it.

More "fans" wont watch it. A few more casual observers flicking around with the remote will watch some of it before changing over to the latest idiotic reality show.
For this couple of ratings points we should change our games greatest event to a slippery contest in the dark apparently.

More "fans" wont watch it.

Evidence says otherwise.

A few more casual observers flicking around with the remote will watch some of it before changing over to the latest idiotic reality show.

And fans who work during the day.
And as for casuals then why not? Brings more fans to the game.

For this couple of ratings points we should change our games greatest event to a slippery contest in the dark apparently.

We keep the grand final of a national comp at the MCG because Victorians keep telling us more fans can watch the game live.

Why not the same rule for tv ratings?

Or doesnt that fit the insular narrative?

I read somewhere it could accommodate a 29 minute half- time. Unfortunately that's as far into the article I got. Would be great, enough time to bring back each Australian idol winner and they could each sing their winning song, followed by a quick group rendition of Tie me kangaroo down sport!

Heaven forbid the Grand Final be about the actual game rather than the lights or halftime show or the television coverage or longer time to get pissed beforehand or any of the other nonsense reasons for moving it.
The game doesn’t need extra stuff certainly doesn’t need entertainment. The game is the entertainment. They have a big show at the super bowl to keep the fans entertained as the game goes for more than 4 hours

This 29 minute half time for essentially what will be our version of half time entertainment. isn’t really needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back