twilight grand final is coming boyos

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at the super bowl half time show and just cringe at the AFL efforts.

You are at the game to...be entertained...by the game...not the half assed half time show.

Great, dont have one but to put on half baked shows is embarrassing.

Whatever they do will be half baked to at least some people, right? Do you want them spending big money on international stars or do you want them investing in grass roots?

Which Aussie 'artists' will the AFL pay $10 mill to so that we can watch them rub their crotch on a pole for 10 mins?..can't wait FFS

I was prepping Grammys as the SB guys were loading trucks to Miami. The AFL just does not have a clue of the $$ spent on that show. NOT A CLUE.
The Lighting left LA nearly 4 weeks before the gig - whihc means its on rent for 5 weeks for a 7 min performance.
The catering budget for the SB ( and by catering I mean Coffee and Donouts ( not meals lol) is more than the AFL spend on the entire GF week.

Dont try and compete unless they want to pump the same amount of money they've pumped into the GCS into the GF halftime show.

Just dont.

GO Catters

I was prepping Grammys as the SB guys were loading trucks to Miami. The AFL just does not have a clue of the $$ spent on that show. NOT A CLUE.
The Lighting left LA nearly 4 weeks before the gig - whihc means its on rent for 5 weeks for a 7 min performance.
The catering budget for the SB ( and by catering I mean Coffee and Donouts ( not meals lol) is more than the AFL spend on the entire GF week.

Dont try and compete unless they want to pump the same amount of money they've pumped into the GCS into the GF halftime show.

Just dont.

GO Catters

It's estimated at a bit over 10 million, so they have a clue they just have no way of getting close.

It's estimated at a bit over 10 million, so they have a clue they just have no way of getting close.
It’s Gonna be more than that I suspect.. but sure start there
And yes.. they won’t get close

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not make other finals during the day when they can? Bring back the Sunday Elimination Final and the Saturday Afternoon Semi and Prelim?

If the GF is going to stay in the arvo, just make a statement that it will never change from 230pm and be done with it... this topic is never going away otherwise, requiring the AFL to make an announcement every year.

Why not make other finals during the day when they can? Bring back the Sunday Elimination Final and the Saturday Afternoon Semi and Prelim?

If the GF is going to stay in the arvo, just make a statement that it will never change from 230pm and be done with it... this topic is never going away otherwise, requiring the AFL to make an announcement every year.
The AFL making a statement it will never change, will not make the topic go away, and if they change their mind 5 years later, the statement will be used to beat them around the head.

I look at the Superbowl and cringe at how extra their efforts are.

I can tell you the half time entertainment but can't tell you who played in the actual game. That is a problem right there. That sport requires it and the AFL doesn't.

The Killers smashing it and performing with a winning premiership player on stage afterwards is as good as it ever needs to be for the AFL. That's the blueprint of perfection and it doesn't need changing.

Oh my gord, the bollocks of "tradition" gets better. :D The so-called traditional start times are nowhere near as traditional as many traditionalists would have us believe!!! :p
Every grand final between 1898 and 1966 started at 2:50 pm!! Between 1897 and 1920, most home and away games started at 3pm, and between 1920 and 1947, home and away games started at 2:45; after that it was changed to 2:15. Were games shorter in the old days? Shorter breaks?

The GF start time is at the bottom of each season's page on AFL Tables

Last edited:
Oh my gord, the bollocks of "tradition" gets better. :D The so-called traditional start times are nowhere near as traditional as many traditionalists would have us believe!!! :p
Every grand final between 1898 and 1976 started at 2:50 pm!! Between 1897 and 1920, home and away games started at 3pm, and between 1920 and 1947, home and away games started at 2:45; after that it was changed to 2:15. Were games shorter in the old days? Shorter breaks?

The GF start time is at the bottom of each season's page on AFL Tables

Tradition = daytime RED SHERRIN footyball

Non-tradition = yellow ball night time rubbish.

Tradition = daytime RED SHERRIN footyball

Non-tradition = yellow ball night time rubbish.
This is going to sound stupid, but I never associated the different colors with day/night. Why do they change them? Surely you can see a red ball under lights? Plenty of teams wear red uniforms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back