Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely worth less than Pick 38? Woulda thought a 3rd rounder given he hasn't really shown anything of real note this far in his career. Glimpses, sure, but still a long way to go before he's a fully fledged player.

Um. 38 is the Eagles 3rd rounder.

19 is their 2nd.

You may not have noticed but we had a bad year.:straining::drunk:

Spoon Eating GIF by calioo

won't be 1st pick of 2nd day
Suns will have 3 Academy picks slotted in + like Croft as FS picked in early teens.

Whoever holds Pick 17 is likely to be the 1st pick of Day 2.
Don’t they just pick all of the first round? that’s what has happened last 2 years at least. So it remains pick 19 as first pick of round 2 regardless of how many bids there are.

38 is fair value. It’s also a useful pick for us either to match bids or acquire the suns first. I expect that is what gets the deal done. The eagles are a well run club without AD syndrome. Note: I am trying to insert this picture of AD syndrome in every post today as it gives me a thrill and ironically it’s over pick 38.
dodoro GIF by AFL

We're very happy with Maric thanks.

He looks happy as well. Likes to celebrate a goal pumping the jumper. The last two games and the 1 point game v Essendon would have been amazing for the kid.

Next year he's going to be playing alongside Harley Reid and TB with Liam Ryan, Oscar Allen, Darling, Cripps and Noah Long.

I'd suggest he will be having the time of his life in Perth. And will replace Darling over the next two seasons. And will get paid very well for it with cap space opening up.

Last edited:
Don’t they just pick all of the first round? that’s what has happened last 2 years at least. So it remains pick 19 as first pick of round 2 regardless of how many bids there are.
Just checked last yrs order and they finished Day 1 with Pick 21 from GWS.

GWS had pick 22 as well and did not trade it

Now if there are Band 2 compos they will come at end of 1st round, so I would assume they will slot ahead of Eagles Pick 19.

I love that it’s not even a week after regular season and the threats to walk players (most of which nobody has ever heard of) to pre season draft are coming in thick and fast. Don’t ever change people.
Oh boy do I have news for you, those threats started well before this week.

Haha forgive me, I was waiting for the ladder positions to finalize before I even ventured to the trade thread to lowball and threaten. Can we get a score board of buys who have walked to PSD please.
I can only recall Jackson Hately to crows from gws and Jack Martin. It’s rare all list managers understand the need for good faith relationships and long term perspective, well, almost all…
dodoro GIF by AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now if there are Band 2 compos they will come at end of 1st round, so I would assume they will slot ahead of Eagles Pick 19.
GWS' pick 22 was the start of the 2nd round and was originally North Melbourne's who finished last.

WC will have the 1st pick of night 2, unless the AFL gives NM a priority pick at the start of the 2nd round

I can only recall Jackson Hately to crows from gws and Jack Martin. It’s rare all list managers understand the need for good faith relationships and long term perspective, well, almost all…
dodoro GIF by AFL
Just not the list managers on big footy!

GWS' pick 22 was the start of the 2nd round and was originally North Melbourne's who finished last.

WC will have the 1st pick of night 2, unless the AFL gives NM a priority pick at the start of the 2nd round
So in my mind what I heard is you are offering pick 19 for Brockman which we after careful consideration begrudgingly accept. 🤪

Pick 21 was originally Geelongs pick 18 (traded as part of the Bruhn move)

Pick 22 was originally North's Pick 19 which was traded to Richmond, and then to GWS.

Band 2 picks are end of first round, so yes they slot ahead of 19 but will still be on day 1

So in my mind what I heard is you are offering pick 19 for Brockman which we after careful consideration begrudgingly accept. 🤪

3 and Brockman for 19, sold

Close the thread guys, it's official :drunk:

Unless he desperately wants out/needs a fresh start, I see no logic in Hawthorn putting DGB on the market, especially as they would only get something like 15 cents on the dollar for what they originally paid for him.
I hope the club feels like I do and that there is a player there if we just back him in. A bit of confidence would do him the world of good.

Crazy to think that eagles are somehow going to take both dev Robertson and brockman at pick 1 in the preseason draft

Brockman will be pick 38.

Robertson the Eagles 2024 3rd, pick 38. Lions need picks again, lucky them.

Eagles will then move on to other deals hopefully NOT including this seasons pick 1

Last edited:
I have a sour taste already developing with this trade, you just know West Coast are going to pay overs and get done over. Just hope Hawthorn doesn't go all "Geelong" on us being totally unreasonable and just keep demanding more and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back