Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

One is a mid and one’s a forward pocket. Are you stupid? You know they’re nothing alike as players
They have a similar impact on games, which is minimal at this stage

I'd say after 3 years in the system, you have an idea on exposed form what a player's likely ceiling is and Brockman's doesn't appear that high, at this stage.

Comparing him to Rioli, like some Hawthorn poster have been doing, is ridiculous. Rioli's stats, at the same age, were significantly better than Brockman's.

Hawks will get a reasonable deal from WCE, as they don't like to stuff clubs like Essendon/Port do. it won't be involving pick 1 or our second rounder though.

They have a similar impact on games, which is minimal at this stage

I'd say after 3 years in the system, you have an idea on exposed form what a player's likely ceiling is and Brockman's doesn't appear that high, at this stage.

Comparing him to Rioli, like some Hawthorn poster have been doing, is ridiculous. Rioli's stats, at the same age, were significantly better than Brockman's.

Hawks will get a reasonable deal from WCE, as they don't like to stuff clubs like Essendon/Port do. it won't be involving pick 1 or our second rounder though.
Rioli wasn’t even drafted at brockmans age, so maybe just don’t bother posting anymore on this subject. As you’ve shown with your last couple of posts that you have nfi

What part of AFL stats 'at the same age' did you fail to understand?
Rioli wasn’t in the afl at brockmans current age, wtf are you talking about? He got drafted as a 21 year old. So essentially brockman has played 30~ afl games before rioli was even deemed good enough to get onto an afl list

Rioli wasn’t in the afl at brockmans current age, wtf are you talking about? He got drafted as a 21 year old. So essentially brockman has played 30~ afl games before rioli was even deemed good enough to get onto an afl list
I'm talking about Cyril mate :rolleyes:

A number of Hawks posters have claimed Brockman's the next Cyril.

I'm talking about Cyril mate :rolleyes:

A number of Hawks posters have claimed Brockman's the next Cyril.
Lol yeah well it’s probably a closer comparison than brockman and Luke edwards. Play style I can see the similarities but obviously production isn’t on the same level. But I don’t think anyone was asking for the same trade price that cyril rioli would’ve got

Is that a fair thing to do?

Cyril joined a side that won twenty games that season, including the flag, in a role that when there are mature tall forwards is the second easiest position to play behind half back flankers - and the opposite is true when the mids and forwards are less developed.

Cyril's first three years in footy was a flag year, finishing ninth then finals again comparing to Brockman who has been injured and played in bottom four sides.

Brockman has one of the highest percentage of non scoring disposals resulting in scores in the league. He makes smart calls and uses it well. He is a high impact player and the more fitness he can build as that shoulder settles down the more the next club will benefit from that footy smarts.

He's more Shai Bolton than Cyril in my view.

Lol yeah well it’s probably a closer comparison than brockman and Luke edwards. Play style I can see the similarities but obviously production isn’t on the same level. But I don’t think anyone was asking for the same trade price that cyril rioli would’ve got

No but there's been enough people saying he should be in a bid for pick 1, including Slobbo, that it appears people grossly overrate his current output. He may get there, put he's not worth anywhere near what some people think he is, at this stage.

I mean, look at Noah Long. He leads Brockman in all stats, other than average goals and marks, in a far worse team.

In an alternate reality, where Hawks held number one, and we were suggesting pick 3, Rhett Bazzo and Noah Long for pick one, would you take it?

Cyril joined a side that won twenty games that season, including the flag, in a role that when there are mature tall forwards is the second easiest position to play behind half back flankers - and the opposite is true when the mids and forwards are less developed.

Cyril's first three years in footy was a flag year, finishing ninth then finals again comparing to Brockman who has been injured and played in bottom four sides.

Brockman has one of the highest percentage of non scoring disposals resulting in scores in the league. He makes smart calls and uses it well. He is a high impact player and the more fitness he can build as that shoulder settles down the more the next club will benefit from that footy smarts.

It true that Cyril came into a better outfit, for sure.

I'm not saying Brockman's a bad player, or has no potential. I'm saying that from what I've seen, coupled with the fact that he's out of contract, I wouldn't be offering up too much.

Good analysis, you can tell those who have seen Brocky play and those who haven't.

Brocky is tracking as well as you could ask from a 20 yr old small forward in his situation, he isn't a speculative 3rd pick any more, he will make it and unfortunately it's not going to be at Hawthorn.

I accept Hawthorn don't have leverage but people commenting yeah pick 50ish that's fair value are taking the absolute piss. It might happen because Hawthorn are way to soft but don't pretend it isn't an absolute rought.

I'm not saying Brockman's a bad player, or has no potential. I'm saying that from what I've seen, coupled with the fact that he's out of contract, I wouldn't be offering up too much.

I think WC are in a position to get him for actually zero and then have a player they could ask a first round pick for in trade within two years. The potential return on investment here is massive, all while there will be very little pressure on him to perform externally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but there's been enough people saying he should be in a bid for pick 1, including Slobbo, that it appears people grossly overrate his current output. He may get there, put he's not worth anywhere near what some people think he is, at this stage.

I mean, look at Noah Long. He leads Brockman in all stats, other than average goals and marks, in a far worse team.

In an alternate reality, where Hawks held number one, and we were suggesting pick 3, Rhett Bazzo and Noah Long for pick one, would you take it?

It true that Cyril came into a better outfit, for sure.

We all know slobbo has nfi about football and a lot of guys in the media don’t understand how trades work and throw out stupid stuff. Most decent people understand what it takes to trade Upto pick one. Personally I don’t think the cost of moving up would be worth it for us. But it leaves essentially us and north as your only options if you want curtin. But that’s another story cause I wouldn’t be narrowing it down to curtin if I was west coast

If eagles want to burn a bridge over Brocky so be it. No point doing a deal just for the sake of it, we aren't really losing much if the best offer is slightly more than nothing.
As the club who chased and signed a coach who had a contract with us at the time they won him over, Im not too sure their is much of a bridge left

And it wasnt us who burnt it either

Reality is when it comes anything to do with trading/drafting, Hawks are the least ethical club in the AFL, so crying about it when the shoe is on the other foot just seems stupid to me

As the club who chased and signed a coach who had a contract with us at the time they won him over, Im not too sure their is much of a bridge left

Reality is when it comes anything to do with trading/drafting, Hawks are the least ethical club in the AFL, so crying about it when the shoe is on the other foot just seems stupid to me
No worries champ 👍

Good analysis, you can tell those who have seen Brocky play and those who haven't.

Brocky is tracking as well as you could ask from a 20 yr old small forward in his situation, he isn't a speculative 3rd pick any more, he will make it and unfortunately it's not going to be at Hawthorn.

I accept Hawthorn don't have leverage but people commenting yeah pick 50ish that's fair value are taking the absolute piss. It might happen because Hawthorn are way to soft but don't pretend it isn't an absolute rought.
It'll be a pick in the 30s, which is probably fair, or it might involve future picks instead.

We all know slobbo has nfi about football and a lot of guys in the media don’t understand how trades work and throw out stupid stuff. Most decent people understand what it takes to trade Upto pick one. Personally I don’t think the cost of moving up would be worth it for us. But it leaves essentially us and north as your only options if you want curtin. But that’s another story cause I wouldn’t be narrowing it down to curtin if I was west coast
TBF to Robbo, I don't think he said Brockman was in the mix for pick 1.

You got Ben Allen, Daniel Chick,.. and Sam Mitchell plus a flag for nothing.

Now you want Brockman for nothing.

One way traffic

Boo"ers always gonna boo

Pick 38 would be absolutely perfect and reasonable for both sides.
We can use it to help match a McCabe bid or bundle it up to move it around.

West Coast gets a player who has enough exposed talent to justify a selection in that range, and then some.

Let's see how it plays out.

It'll be a pick in the 30s, which is probably fair, or it might involve future picks instead.
My ideal is pick 19 with 29 going back + pick in 50's thrown in to balance it but since Eagles are tied to pick 19 as Day 2 pick, the next best option is

Pick 35+38 with 48 going back. This gives us options to trade for Esava or Henry or Kai

If Eagles lowball, I am fine to let Brocky walk to PSD & eagles burn their PSD pick on him. After all bridges are said to be burnt cause Sammy as Asst Coach was given a roadmap to senior coaching after helping Eagles win a flag.

Have no interest in Pick 1 but if Eagles want to take Curtin and not do it at Pick 1 and gain something in the process then a 3 way deal with North is the best option and Brocky can be part of that but nothing too much other than Brocky + pick 3. Surely no DGB in this trade & I won't even consider a chat of F1. Off limits. Maybe F2 with something back from Eagles or F3 is my good faith suggestions.

Hawks should be more than happy to pick Durrsma or Watson or Mckercher with Pick 3

Again North is only going play ball if they gain something in this process,, so not sure what the deal will be. Whatever scenario I think up if going to have its detractors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back