Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

As the club who chased and signed a coach who had a contract with us at the time they won him over, Im not too sure their is much of a bridge left

And it wasnt us who burnt it either

Reality is when it comes anything to do with trading/drafting, Hawks are the least ethical club in the AFL, so crying about it when the shoe is on the other foot just seems stupid to me
The reason we got Mitchell back whilst contracted was because he went there to work with another club for experience
He was always coming back to Hawthorn when the time was right
Hawthorn and West Coast knew this all along, which is why we traded Mitchell to you for pick 88

My ideal is pick 19 with 29 going back + pick in 50's thrown in to balance it but since Eagles are tied to pick 19 as Day 2 pick, the next best option is

Pick 35+38 with 48 going back. This gives us options to trade for Esava or Henry or Kai

If Eagles lowball, I am fine to let Brocky walk to PSD & eagles burn their PSD pick on him. After all bridges are said to be burnt cause Sammy as Asst Coach was given a roadmap to senior coaching after helping Eagles win a flag.

Have no interest in Pick 1 but if Eagles want to take Curtin and not do it at Pick 1 and gain something in the process then a 3 way deal with North is the best option and Brocky can be part of that but nothing too much other than Brocky + pick 3. Surely no DGB in this trade & I won't even consider a chat of F1. Off limits. Maybe F2 with something back from Eagles or F3 is my good faith suggestions.

Hawks should be more than happy to pick Durrsma or Watson or Mckercher with Pick 3

Again North is only going play ball if they gain something in this process,, so not sure what the deal will be. Whatever scenario I think up if going to have its detractors.
Great for us but unrealistic. West coast dotnt give up pick 19 unless it nets them something earlier it’s a strategic pick that gets them a slider or more draft capital in a rebuild you don’t give away strategic assets. 38 for brockman would be more than fair given uncontracted status.

The reason we got Mitchell back whilst contracted was because he went there to work with another club for experience
Hawthorn and West Coast knew this all along, which is why we traded Mitchell to you for pick 88
Yeah
But he still had 2 years left on a contract I think.

Word on the Street was that Sammy was playing away from home and his Mrs got the shits on.

Pick 38 would be absolutely perfect and reasonable for both sides.
We can use it to help match a McCabe bid or bundle it up to move it around.

West Coast gets a player who has enough exposed talent to justify a selection in that range, and then some.

Let's see how it plays out.
Think most would be happy with that outcome.

Have no interest in Pick 1 but if Eagles want to take Curtin and not do it at Pick 1 and gain something in the process then a 3 way deal with North is the best option and Brocky can be part of that but nothing too much other than Brocky + pick 3.
So, WCE trade pick 1 for pick 3?

Righteo...

Actually, the reason he went back with a year to run is because he allegedly liked playing in(side) the Ra(y)in(e) a bit too much....

The rumour is that his wife demanded they go back to Melbourne as he was a bit too friendly with Andrew Embley's ex.
Interesting… hadn’t heard that one. There was talk when he left about him going to get experience in another system before coming back to the Hawks - but I guess you never know!

Regardless back to Brocky - I do think a 38ish pick is likely - Hawks won’t be happy with it given his talent and a-grade traits, but WCE hold the whip hand and Hawks won’t want to hold it over his head given his family.

Interesting… hadn’t heard that one. There was talk when he left about him going to get experience in another system before coming back to the Hawks - but I guess you never know!

Regardless back to Brocky - I do think a 38ish pick is likely - Hawks won’t be happy with it given his talent and a-grade traits, but WCE hold the whip hand and Hawks won’t want to hold it over his head given his family.
He got some experience in another system before coming back to the wife atleast

How are we holding it over his head.. Eagles can pick him in PSD if they are not keen to be fair. 35 and the one of the 50's pick is where it woudl settle at after hawks asking for pick 19 to start.

How are we holding it over his head.. Eagles can pick him in PSD if they are not keen to be fair. 35 and the one of the 50's pick is where it woudl settle at after hawks asking for pick 19 to start.
Eagles need the pick 50 odd really since we will have 2 NGAs to take

It will be pick 38 or PSD talk and think Hawks just give up. Not much point haggling over 200 draft points etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles need the pick 50 odd really since we will have 2 NGAs to take

It will be pick 38 or PSD talk and think Hawks just give up. Not much point haggling over 200 draft points etc

We don't need pick 53 to land an nga kid with a bid over 40.

We can match with any pick over 40. Just need the open list spot and a pick available.

Last edited:
19 Is too high 35 is too low, but a combination of later picks that equate to a late 20's pick is probably fair in this situation.

We need the points more than the pick, eagles want to hit the draft and have a genuine PSD threat. So a bundle of crappy picks would do.

But I do acknowledge that even that might be unlikely as they could just put 35/38 on the table and you probably don't walk away over a pick 50 200ish points.

The thing is even if they handed over the extra pick/points eagles are getting Brocky on the cheap, he is a high impact forward that has all the tools, leap, mark, speed, xfactor, goal and field kicking. He's only missing one thing and that's the belief and confidence, once it clicks watch out.

Last edited:
19 Is too high 35 is too low, but a combination of later picks that equate to a late 20's pick is probably fair in this situation.

We need the points more than the pick, eagles want to hit the draft and have a genuine PSD threat. So a bundle of crappy picks would do.

But I do acknowledge that even that might be unlikely as they could just put 35/38 on the table and you probably don't walk away over a pick 50 200ish points.

The thing is even if they handed over the extra pick/points eagles are getting Brocky on the cheap, he is a high impact forward that has all the tools, leap, mark, speed, xfactor, goal and field kicking. He's only missing one thing and that's the belief and confidence, once it clicks watch out.
Has all that but finished in the VFL

You cant demand a kings ransom for a toy covered in dust. You just accept whats offered

Prepare to be disappointed if this is your valuation. You should be stoked to get 38.

He is out of contract going to a poor performing club, you're not getting "fair" value. Every club gets Eberted at some point.

You reckon 35 is too low? I think you'd find most neutrals would consider 35 about fair. (If anything a decent deal for Hawthorn).

Prepare to be disappointed if this is your valuation. You should be stoked to get 38.
I've already commented multiple times that I know I'm going to be disappointed. Hell he's the type of guy you're never going to get true value for and that's before you add and all the other BS that's supposedly diminishing his value.

38 by itself is the bare ass minimum we should accept any less I hope the club grows a pair and let's him go via the PSD if it comes to it.

He is out of contract going to a poor performing club, you're not getting "fair" value. Every club gets Eberted at some point.
Look I don't want Hawthorn to go full cochran just show some balls. Anyway you cut it landing Brocky for free or with a late pick or picks, you guys will be the winners, he has the talent.

Last edited:
You reckon 35 is too low? I think you'd find most neutrals would consider 35 about fair. (If anything a decent deal for Hawthorn).
Yeah you're probably right but in 12 months time I'm telling you those comments will look like bargains.

For god sakes people, it’s pick 38. End of.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back