Underrated goals

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the only clip of this goal I can find.
But this Fevola goal at 1:20 is one of the best ive ever seen. Unbelievably difficult and he made it look so easy.

From a Collingwood perspective, Jordan De Goey's sausage in Rnd 2 last year against Richmond was IMO incredible.

Took a hanger, wheeled around & from 45m out kicked an enormous snap that sailed through post-high.

All basic within the one motion.

The goal starting at 0:30 into this video is the reason why Hamish McLachlan is worst football commentator to ever exist (aside maybe from Basil).

I can guarantee that nobody remembers this goal but they absolutely bloody should. Hamish plays a huge part in why people won't remember it. Get excited you campaigner!

From a Collingwood perspective, Jordan De Goey's sausage in Rnd 2 last year against Richmond was IMO incredible.

Took a hanger, wheeled around & from 45m out kicked an enormous snap that sailed through post-high.

Remember that. He can do anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even top 2 in goals for that game. Arguably not even top 3 in a game tha only had 19 goals.

Possibly why it is underated but I would argue Voss in the 3rd is more underrated.

The Simon Black team goal gets its dues at least. Arguably one of the greatest ever Grand Final goals that one.

The goal starting at 0:30 into this video is the reason why Hamish McLachlan is worst football commentator to ever exist (aside maybe from Basil).

I can guarantee that nobody remembers this goal but they absolutely bloody should. Hamish plays a huge part in why people won't remember it. Get excited you campaigner!

Good goal but check out who is making the chase. Three pretty slow players in Lonergan, Taylor and Clark.

Travis Varcoe 2011 Grand Final is the greatest goal no one ever talks about.

You needed to witness the beginning of this last quarter goal to fully appreciate how a player could summon such energy at that stage of a gruelling game.

With 15 minutes left Varcoe competed for a mark deep in Collingwood’s attacking zone, Paul Chapman picked up and handballed to Andrew Mackie who handballed to Mitch Duncan at half back. Steve Johnson drops the mark and it is soccered forward by Varcoe who had continued to follow the play, the ball is then picked up by Christensen and given to Johnson and kicks forward to Duncan who had kept running, the marking attempt is roved perfectly off hands by Varcoe who by now has run the entire length of the MCG to snap on his left foot to put the Cats 21 points up. Game over

goal starts at 2:33:48

Should have been a Richmond free kick. Hands in the back/on the shoulder when he took the mark. Clear cut.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back