Unpopular Basketball Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

BhNwyOpCIAEwrWG.jpg

I think this is a decent shirt.

TBH, I think Batum is the best comparison for him.

The question is, if he ends up "just" being like Batum is now at age 25, will that be a disappointment?
I don't think so. Batum had huge wraps on his potential early on, much like Giannis and they were probably unrealistic. I think Giannis can become a better defender and all round scorer, though I'm not sure he'll be the shooter or playmaker that Nico is.

Mike Bibby was one of the best point guards throughout the Kobe Bryant era.

He absolutely destroyed the Lakers in the 2002 playoffs, was white-hot.

Emaka Okafor is better than Roy Hibbert.

I dunno about better, but the comparison is certainly a valid one. If Okafor had been drafted at #17 like Hibbert, the perception of him would be quite different. I'll admit to having a soft spot for Mek, thought he copped a raw deal in Nawlins

BhNwyOpCIAEwrWG.jpg

I think this is a decent shirt.

Robert Smith could get away with it coz he's a rock god.

disintegration-poster.jpg

If Harden would stop with the flopping I might cut him some slack, but until that time he's fair game for ridicule :p

No chance of happening, a healthy Westbrook makes everyone better. If he knees are dodgy, then you trade for Rondo + picks.

I'm not overly serious, but could you imagine KD and Love on the pick and roll? Deadly.... Double up on KD and you leave Love open

The point guard position is covered with Jackson, bring in a vet backup and that unit is nigh on unstoppable, solves the problem at the 4, it leaves the backcourt a little weak but its workable. It would take picks to get it done, but why not swing for the fences.

If Minny are going to lose Love they'd surely be happy with a return of Westy and picks, and he gets to run his own team.

Sure its not going to happen, but hey we can dream

I dunno about better, but the comparison is certainly a valid one. If Okafor had been drafted at #17 like Hibbert, the perception of him would be quite different. I'll admit to having a soft spot for Mek, thought he copped a raw deal in Nawlins

Defensively and on the glass, despite Hibberts height, I know who I would want anchoring the paint

I'm not overly serious, but could you imagine KD and Love on the pick and roll? Deadly.... Double up on KD and you leave Love open

The point guard position is covered with Jackson, bring in a vet backup and that unit is nigh on unstoppable, solves the problem at the 4, it leaves the backcourt a little weak but its workable. It would take picks to get it done, but why not swing for the fences.

If Minny are going to lose Love they'd surely be happy with a return of Westy and picks, and he gets to run his own team.

Sure its not going to happen, but hey we can dream
If Love comes to OKC, Presti isn't sending over any picks. Teams would have to SERIOUSLY overpay for Westbrook. Love's defence doesn't fit the system either, no one to guard a post presence (Howard, West, Hibbert, Noah, LMA at times)

Scottie Pippen would not have been a top 50 player without MJ and should not have been. Dominique Wilkins is and always will be the better player and leaving him out of the top 50 in 96 was a discgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scottie Pippen would not have been a top 50 player without MJ and should not have been. Dominique Wilkins is and always will be the better player and leaving him out of the top 50 in 96 was a discgrace.

What are your thoughts on them naming a pre-championship, 24-year-old Shaq in the top 50?

Klay Thompson needs to forget about becoming a star 20 point a game player and aspire to be like Shane Battier.
*I died a little inside making this statement.
It's a view most people will come around to, he's a 3+D guy and can be a really good one but he can't create to save himself and is a huge ball stopper.

Kevin Garnett is a top 20 player, arguments can be made for him being top 15.

Wilt is overrated.

Today's centers and defensive anchors are vastly overrated because of the great strategies coaches have come up with.

Boston's inability to pull free agents is incorrect, we just haven't had chances to sign marquee players nor have we had any walk from Boston.

Rubio is an average NBA player.

Kevin Garnett is a top 20 player, arguments can be made for him being top 15.

Wilt is overrated.

Today's centers and defensive anchors are vastly overrated because of the great strategies coaches have come up with.

Boston's inability to pull free agents is incorrect, we just haven't had chances to sign marquee players nor have we had any walk from Boston.

Rubio is an average NBA player.

Agree with all of this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back