Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember when i was at school you could just walk into schools on weekends (to play basketball or use the cricket nets etc)
Yep we used to ride bikes around our primary school on weekends - was a good place to ride bikes. Play a bit of footy or basketball as well (we lived around the corner from my primary school)

Went to watch the kids in local school sport last week at another school near our house, cbf'd going through the office (seemed the only way into the school) so just watched it through the massive fence they had around this school. Probably looked like some sort of pedo

My nine and seven year old walked home on their own from school, no questions asked, but we were waiting for them and it’s about 10 houses up the street without having to cross a road.

It is definitely illegal to leave children unsupervised at certain ages, the ages differ depending on jurisdiction.

Our eight (nine in a couple of weeks) year old practically demanded to be allowed this year. Which she wouldn't do unless all her friends were allowed. She has a watch that can make call and SMS and speaks to the Mrs on it for the walk. It's a short walk, but still probably takes five minutes.

Justin Langer is being a whiny little sook and tarnishing his legacy with all his carry-on. And no-one would give a stuff about his story if he hadn't played 100 tests for Australia.

Que?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Langer is being a whiny little sook and tarnishing his legacy with all his carry-on. And no-one would give a stuff about his sob story if he hadn't played 100 tests for Australia.

With Langer as coach we retained the Ashes in England, made the semi finals of the World Cup, won the T20 World Cup and then won the Ashes.

I agree he sounds like a whiny sook (which he does in general, he has a horrible voice) but CA deserve a bake for how they handled things.

With Langer as coach we retained the Ashes in England, made the semi finals of the World Cup, won the T20 World Cup and then won the Ashes.

I agree he sounds like a whiny sook (which he does in general, he has a horrible voice) but CA deserve a bake for how they handled things.

So let his mates do that (which they have and then some). He lost the players and when you lose the players as a coach, you're on borrowed time.

I mean, he didn't do badly as a coach, but that list of achievements hardly blows me away. Retaining the Ashes given where the team was and how close they were to winning it, was big. T20 yeah that was good, but I still just see T20 as way too random a format to take too seriously. Australia should expect to make semi finals in big tournaments, anything less would be a huge failure. And winning the Ashes here wasn't particularly special considering the hapless squad England has representing it in test cricket.

Last edited:
No one ever "owns" a house.

Think about it.
We can't do anything major without asking and getting approval from council. We pay rates etc. They can forcibly aquire.
We simply pay a lot of money for the "right" to be a caretaker for a period of time.

I guess if you have paid off a house then it can stay in your family for generations so thats something people like.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again, they would be just generations of caretakers.

A pair of shoes. They are truly ours, we can do anything to them without asking anybody. But a house we can't. It ain't really ours, neither is the land.

Last edited:
No one ever "owns" a house.

Think about it.
We can't do anything major without asking and getting approval from council. We pay rates etc. They can forcibly aquire.
We simply pay a lot of money for the "right" to be a caretaker for a period of time.
Yes: we have an interest in the property.

A mortgage provider has an interest as well.

I kinda feel sorry for the dude here who stole the car with the kid in the back. While theiving isn't right, he just wanted to pinch a car and now all sorts of merry hell will rained down on him because he picked one with a kid in it.

I missed that, yeah unlucky. Was thinking you could be lucky and nick a car with a pound of weed in the boot, then again that mightn't be good either.

I kinda feel sorry for the dude here who stole the car with the kid in the back. While theiving isn't right, he just wanted to pinch a car and now all sorts of merry hell will rained down on him because he picked one with a kid in it.

i feel sorry for the kid and the owner of the car - dont feel any sympathy for the thief.

I missed that, yeah unlucky. Was thinking you could be lucky and nick a car with a pound of weed in the boot, then again that mightn't be good either.
When I lived in a England a failed smuggling operation meant kilos of coke were washing up on a beach somewhere and there were so many people down there that the Chief Constable had to go on tele to remind people that if they got busted with one of these it's still possession with intent regardless of how they acquired it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back