Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me we need to sign a midfielder.

We will achieve absolutely nothing relying on the injury prone Partey and then having to have Elneny cover for him - he is just such a pointless midfielder that offers nothing.

He had zero interceptions, clearances or blocked shots. One tackle.

He didn't show for the ball the entire game, he was just jogging around between their forwards which forced Odegaard to come so deep in awkward positions.

And when he did get the ball all he did was play pointless sideways or backwards passes. His stats say he had 98% completion rate, but that includes multiple 10m passes that he hammered at the recipient that put them under too much pressure to control it.

It's so infuriating that we have class players and finally look like we are becoming relevant again, only to be solely reliant in Partey for the game plan to work.

Who is that “Michael” bloke tweeting it? It sounds like some unverified random claiming to have insider knowledge....

Yeah, this has no traction anywhere else... some excellent wishful thinking I'd love to come true. You'd expect Liverpool are about to go in hard.

Now as for the rest:

Odegaard was absolutely brilliant. He worked his arse off all game, coming deep to collect and progress the ball. He tackles, and actually tracked runners late in the game - which is something Elneny couldn't do, just jogging behind.

He was essentially playing two positions all game. He played his typical class touches, passes and exhibited his insane vision.

Never mind he scored a class captains goal. Brilliant performance from him.

Saliba and White were both great too.

Martinelli was selfish. He always has his head down and because of that he missed laying off two golden chances (to Jesus and Xhaka), and another decent chance (to Xhaka). Instead he took some wild shots.

Saka seems out of form ATM.

Surprised ESR didn't come on at all.

Wow. Keen to watch the full match. The extended highlights seemed action packed. Of course Leno was always going to put on a master class haha.

Had a feeling Mitrovic would score but not like that. The scenes when Gabriel atoned for error, mayhem. The atmosphere there at the moment seems fantastic.

Leno played a blinder.

Mitrovic is a beast of a unit, he could have had a couple. He absolutely dominated poor Jesus in the air on a corner but Ramsdale made a great save.

Yeah, this has no traction anywhere else... some excellent wishful thinking I'd love to come true. You'd expect Liverpool are about to go in hard.

I’d never even heard of the link until reading that, and immediately my mind goes back to these random twitter accounts (without the blue tick etc) claiming that Arsenal were signing Benzema on deadline day many years ago haha :D

Dortmund also have very little to gain selling him so late. Usually with generational talents like this, they set a price and date is set for other clubs to do business, otherwise wait until the next year. This ain’t happening.

Who is that “Michael” bloke tweeting it? It sounds like some unverified random claiming to have insider knowledge....
I have no idea... I don't follow who ever it is... Did think it was worth linking mainly for the WTF... Would be an absolute great signing but like I said.. just a dream... (This year)

* me we need to sign a midfielder.

We will achieve absolutely nothing relying on the injury prone Partey and then having to have Elneny cover for him - he is just such a pointless midfielder that offers nothing.

He had zero interceptions, clearances or blocked shots. One tackle.

He didn't show for the ball the entire game, he was just jogging around between their forwards which forced Odegaard to come so deep in awkward positions.

And when he did get the ball all he did was play pointless sideways or backwards passes. His stats say he had 98% completion rate, but that includes multiple 10m passes that he hammered at the recipient that put them under too much pressure to control it.

It's so infuriating that we have class players and finally look like we are becoming relevant again, only to be solely reliant in Partey for the game plan to work.

What a load of rubbish. Elneny was fine for this game and Partey could take a leaf out of his book by playing the game simply and not forcing the ball between the lines like he has done so far this season. In big games it might be a different story but this mornings game was the most cohesive we have looked this season and a part of that was Elneny keeping it simple and denying the opposition the ball while allowing the likes of Odegaard and Saka to play the more creative balls.

The player who looked most of place this morning was Tierney. Put Zinenchko in his place and guaranteed no one is talking about Elneny in relation to this mornings game. Thats where most of our breakdowns happened including the goal we conceded as although its Gabriel mistake for getting caught on the ball it was Tierney who didn't give him the option to pass to.

Thats not to say we shouldn't be trying to find a better alternative to Partey but the chances of doing that are very slim whilst working within our budget. Someone who can rotate with Xhaka/Odegaard at the 8 position is far more achievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of rubbish. Elneny was fine for this game and Partey could take a leaf out of his book by playing the game simply and not forcing the ball between the lines like he has done so far this season. In big games it might be a different story but this mornings game was the most cohesive we have looked this season and a part of that was Elneny keeping it simple and denying the opposition the ball while allowing the likes of Odegaard and Saka to play the more creative balls.

The player who looked most of place this morning was Tierney. Put Zinenchko in his place and guaranteed no one is talking about Elneny in relation to this mornings game. Thats where most of our breakdowns happened including the goal we conceded as although its Gabriel mistake for getting caught on the ball it was Tierney who didn't give him the option to pass to.

Thats not to say we shouldn't be trying to find a better alternative to Partey but the chances of doing that are very slim whilst working within our budget. Someone who can rotate with Xhaka/Odegaard at the 8 position is far more achievable.

He offered nothing defensively and he spent half of the game hiding between Mitrovic and Pereira.

Every single player in the league can make those simple passes. Odegaard worked harder defensively, tracking runners at with Elneny just jogging behind even in the dying minutes before he was subbed off.

ESR seems to be a better fit with KT than Martinelli.

He offered nothing defensively and he spent half of the game hiding between Mitrovic and Pereira.

Every single player in the league can make those simple passes. Odegaard worked harder defensively, tracking runners at with Elneny just jogging behind even in the dying minutes before he was subbed off.

ESR seems to be a better fit with KT than Martinelli.

He didn't need to offer anything defensively. We had 72% of the ball and had total control of the game.

He occupied the space a number 6 is supposed to operate, if he is being marked centrally then it means our two 8's should have space to receive the ball, if they don't it means there should be space in behind. He played his role fine especially prior to conceding, was more suspect once we pushed more numbers forward to score.

There will be games to complain about Elneny this morning game is not one of them.

Leno played a blinder.

Mitrovic is a beast of a unit, he could have had a couple. He absolutely dominated poor Jesus in the air on a corner but Ramsdale made a great save.

Yep, that bloke is a beast. He knows just how to exploit the shorter players or fullbacks in the aerial duels. And as much as he used Jesus as a bit of a step ladder in that moment, I actually think Jesus has done well there to just subtly block his run and momentum, allowing that header to probably be weaker than he wanted. And yes Ramsdale did the rest.

I have no idea... I don't follow who ever it is... Did think it was worth linking mainly for the WTF... Would be an absolute great signing but like I said.. just a dream... (This year)

Yes mate definitely a dream. Almost better not doing this to yourself though in trawling through twitter for those random rumours. I still think there’s one more signing incoming. Just a matter of a who.

Still clearly a step below both Liverpool and Man City. Both will be pushing for another CL final this season.

Man City with Haaland is scary, he could easily hit 30 league goals in his first season. I honestly don't remember ever watching a forward with his size, movement and pace.

But 3rd place is definitely doable. Hopefully we'll make 2 more signings before the window closes.

Tielemans and Neto and I'd be a very happy person.

Someone filmed zinny during the game. Looks like he’s loving it here and a good role model in general.

Great to see. There was footage of the goal celebration for Gabriel’s winner when a steward (by habit) instructively thought Zinchenko was a fan that jumped over from the stands to join in :D

Given how he was dressed, understandable. There’s quite a palpable sense of togetherness with this group of players.

Still clearly a step below both Liverpool and Man City. Both will be pushing for another CL final this season.

Man City with Haaland is scary, he could easily hit 30 league goals in his first season. I honestly don't remember ever watching a forward with his size, movement and pace.

But 3rd place is definitely doable. Hopefully we'll make 2 more signings before the window closes.

Ornstein reporting this evening that Neto seems unlikely.

Haaland is an absolute beast, he's so quick for a big guy. I think he'll score 30 easily.

His battles with Saliba over the years could be legendary.

Liverpool have not finished top 2 consecutively since the 90s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back