The Next President and VP will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:
I've been reading that absentee votes may be received in North Carolina and Pennsylvania up to three days after the Election Day (link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/...sylvania-north-carolina-absentee-ballots.html).

Apparently this is one of the main issues the GOP wishes to challenge in the Supreme Court (and the supposed fraud that Trump was alluding to in his speech).

Wouldn't another strategy simply be for Trump to transparently hold multiple rallies in both states over the next 3 days to turn out more voters? Surely that would undermine any DNC talking points, as they would be forced to attack him for doing so.

Do you understand the situation in PA?

Read this...

There are nearly 3.1m postal votes in PA that have not even been counted yet.

genuinely stunned by the continued Trump supported vote

Americans really are morons

Makes you pretty despondent about the state of the world going forward doesn't it?

How are we even meant to start on complex issues like the climate crisis, China's rise, growing inequality, when the world's largest economy is re-electing a guy whose tip for a pandemic is to inject disinfectant.

I don't know.. I just feel like I've heard this hysteria before.

It's not hysteria. It's backed up by facts.

Non proliferation treaties have been torn up. The Russians now have hypersonic nukes (reducing the margin for error for a retaliatory strike). Russia and China have deteriorated into ultranationalist Dictatorships, and the USA is not far behind them. Russia is actively flexing its muscles, annexing Georgia, Crimea and deploying troops into Syria and Venezuela. China is openly threatening to annex Taiwan, and is annexing territory in the South China Sea.

Cyberwarfare, and disinformation campaigns are active from both groups, reducing peoples ability to separate fact from fiction. World Leaders are actively undermining independent Media, and assisting this disinformation.

We are one miscalculation away from a global war between nuclear armed superpowers.

f03c768fb709ab6371bf19e9d1274b94.jpg

Cmon Donny it’s past your bedtime. You’ll wake up grumpy tomorrow morning if you don’t get your sleep in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm on my phone, so I cbf doing the math properly. .

From what I can see, there are 83 votes in play from the remaining states, 77 of which are currently leaning towards Trump (ABC News Australia). Can anyone validate for me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the world has been burning. The USA in particular. It's literally in the grip of a divisive race and political war, while being ravaged by a virus that has claimed a quarter of a million people and rising.

You mean 'he's fiddled while Rome burnt'.

If that was it, that would be bad enough. But he's also emboldened Russia and angered China. He's actively destabilised the world.

You couldn't be any more wrong here. China has a highly advanced military.

America couldn't defeat the NVA in Vietnam or North Korea in Korea. You think they can prevail in a full scale war with China?
I will save the discussion re: "Rome burning" to another thread - but I reject the idea that the US is done for. They are still the richest country in the world whom most western countries still rely on, it's just heavily broken where the wealth is going.

Re: military, no I'm actually not wrong. China has expanded massively, but they're not close to the US yet. You're referencing wars from 40+ years ago now. They spend over 3% of their $20T GDP on military for * knows how many years now. Not that they're worth much, but all rankings have US as number 1 globally comfortably.

If any of these countries went to war we would all be blown up within a few days anyway.

Well it looks the majority still have their heads screwed on correctly - they just don't scatter across the right states enough (as it stands).

in an ideal world, half of Trump voters from last election would have rejecting him this time

hasn’t happened unfortunately

f03c768fb709ab6371bf19e9d1274b94.jpg

Cmon Donny it’s past your bedtime. You’ll wake up grumpy tomorrow morning if you don’t get your sleep in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is quite bizarre, surely he is in a better position then he could have dreamed of at the start of the day.

EDIT: Whoops, yeah fake news.

But his victory/concession speech earlier was bizarre.

Anyone would think the Republicans are worried with them running with the voter fraud line.

Who knows what to think now because I was thinking Trump will win but the reaction from him seems like they are genuinely worried now.

With the other states leaning heavy trump. If Biden only wins one of them Trump gets 274-275 electoral college votesz

Aren't the majority of votes remaining in states like PA postal votes though? I think they still have 1m+ to count there in postal votes alone, which you'd think would favour the Democrats.

so we are back on the Trump will cause WW3 bullshit again

I thought it was already supposed to happen

one day he is going to get the world in a war with Russia, the next day he is a Russian asset........

Makes you pretty despondent about the state of the world going forward doesn't it?

How are we even meant to start on complex issues like the climate crisis, China's rise, growing inequality, when the world's largest economy is re-electing a guy whose tip for a pandemic is to inject disinfectant.
"We?"

genuinely stunned by the continued Trump supported vote

Americans really are morons

It is becoming increasingly clear that people simply don’t care about progressive issues. They don’t care about the environment. They don’t care about race. They don’t care about LBGTQIA. They don’t care about any policy.

People simply don’t like change.

And all the progressive issues represent change and not enough people want to do it.

And change is the easiest thing in the world to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back